2009 Dodge Challenger

See Photos & Videos

Overall

BadAss Procharged!!!!

by Harley from Ohio | May 7, 2014

All, I have a 2009 SRT8 that I absolutely love. I grew up old school in the 60's/70's with muscle car fever as a young man. I recently had my SRT8 upgraded with a ProCharger and a new Corsa catback exhaust. DYNO 615HP!!!! I'm learning how to drive the car again...lol....it is a freaking beast. Agree with the previous post also that way too many Mustang/Camaros compared to this car. The acceleration is indescribable...haven't had it to the track yet ever, considering it this summer just to see what a 615HP 2 ton beast can pull the quarter in....enjoy

Dodge Fan

by Hot Toddy from NE, OK | July 21, 2013

So far the 2009 Challenger SRT has lived up to everything I have wanted except the MYGIG issues I am currently having with it. The performance, handling and braking is beyond anything else I have ever driven. That come with a price, driving the car hard will not get you any gas mileage, however I did get 21MPG coming back from a recent weekend getaway. Every time I drive the car, I receive lots of positives compliments. Even from the younger generation. Yes I would recommend, but be prepared for everything that goes along with owning a performance car.

Best Retro Our There

by Redliner from Fort Worth, TX | December 14, 2012

If you have to beat "everything" else on the road, then DON'T buy this car. But, if you are okay with Great Power, very good handling for a 4000lb car, and the Best Looking Car on the Road, then look no further. Mine is an 09 and doesn't have a nick or scratch on it and everywhere I go in it, somebody always comments on how good looking the car is. I did an informal count on a 2000 mile round-trip last month and I counted only Mustangs and Camaros that passed me in my truck pulling a trailer. 37 Mustangs, 23 Camaros, and 2 Challengers. It gets attention and it should. Love this car! Nothing wrong with 375hp either. I have the R/T and the SR/T has 425hp. I think the new 392's have 470hp. That's enough to get you a ticket so it's plenty of acceleration. Low 14's and high 13's in the quarter mile. Better than almost All of the old 60's Muscle Cars that everyone thought was so fast. GREAT CAR! Cavernous trunk. Plenty of room in the back seat too!

Love my Challenger!

by AZ SRT8 from Pinetop, AZ | November 6, 2012

I love this car! Photos do not do it credit, I didn't like the way this car looked in pictures, but the moment I laid eyes on it, I was sold. The seats are comfortable and will hold you in place even on the sharpest turns, the leg room is amazing- at 5.'11 I can't reach the pedals with the seat all the way back, and 4 tall people can fit comfortably into this car. The rear seat forlds forward for tons of cargo space- I moved an entire apartment (other than furniture) in one trip. Performance wise, this car gets two thumbs up.... tons of torque, hp, and even pretty decent gas mileage. The EPA rating is far less than what I actually get. The comfort and convenience features are nearly endless, and extremely easy to use. A true winner!!!

Second best car i've owned

by Mysrt8 from Saint Paul, MN | June 18, 2012

The looks of my 2009 SRT 8 are just spectacular. It's a real head-turner. The interior is very comfortable, with lots of leg-room and lots of room in the back. The engine is just a delight to listen to. I barely listen to the radio when I'm driving, just enjoying the drone of the engine. My major complaint, which brings down my review is the darn six-speed tranny. It shifts are very coarse, rough, the 1-to-4 shift cannot be overridden and is very intrusive, and the dealer even had to change it last year. Too bad. Needless to say, I'm looking to sell it next year and go with either a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 or, horror, a 2008 - 2009 7.0 L Z06. No more Challengers for me.

Best car so far

by Powerchip from Clovis, Ca | January 16, 2012

This car is the most comfortable sports car I have ever driven. It replaced a 2002 Z06. The Challenger shifts easy with it's close ratio shifter and has great acceleration through 5th gear. The ride is very sporty, yet comfortable for the driver and passengers. It screams performance and style. I love driving this car!

Best car ever owned

by William from Miami fl | November 28, 2011

Custom 2009 dodge challenger black on black, Manuel 6 speed, sunroof, tough screen 7 inch pioneer radio with navigation, viper alarm with tracking, 24 inch rims, (also original tires and radio) 48000 miles, car only been services by dealer, great car

Extremely Fun Car

by Muscle Car from West Islip, New York | November 28, 2011

I Love this car! I always liked Challengers, but never owned one until now. This car drives excellent, is very smooth over bumps, and handles well. It is not a sports car, but has nice power. There is a ton of trunk space, and you can fold down half or all of the back seat for more space if needed. I have raced it at a drag strip and did well running a 13.5 @ 103 mph. The car gets about 25-26 mpg on the highway traveling at 75-80 mph. The only thing I don't like is that the driver's seat does not fold forward, you can only get in the back from the passenger side. My wife also wished that the passenger seat was adjustable, it reclines, and moves back and forth but is not electric and does not tilt. So far I have 32K miles without any problems. I would recommend this car.

2009 challenger se

by mike from new tripoli pa | July 11, 2011

i bought the car 1 year ago with 19 k miles. Since than, i put about 2500 miles on it and love its look and ride. 26MPG and the v6 has power to spare. the car is still worth what i paid for it a year ago. Why spend 45k for a srtr8 when the se looks the same. you can always buy a rear spoiler, 20 inch wheels and striping. i also have a 73 that my son drives and we go to shows together, both red, new and old

True Muscle Car

by Torred SRT8 from Ohio | April 14, 2011

The SRT8 with the 6 speed is a true muscle car with great looks, comfort, and amazing power! It allows for someone with kids to own the vehicle as the backseats are actually functional versus the "Pony Cars" (Mustang/Camaro).