(Skip to details on the SRT8)
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
Unlike the Charger sedan, which borrowed only a name from the muscle-car era, the Challenger was designed after the 1970 model, and it is unmistakably the Challenger from any angle. It has a broad grille and rear-end treatments.
- Standard body-colored handles, front and rear bumpers, and mirrors
- Standard 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Optional 18-inch aluminum wheels
- Optional 20-inch aluminum or chrome-clad wheels
- Stainless-steel single-tip exhaust (SE)
- Optional stainless-steel performance dual exhaust with rectangular tips
- Optional polished-aluminum fuel cap
- Optional xenon headlights
On the inside, the Challenger continues its retro-themed looks with its gauge cluster, black headliner and a slanted shifter console. In manual versions, the shifter features a unique pistol-grip design. Front-seat occupants sit in prominently bolstered seats.
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard power locks, mirrors and windows
- Standard remote keyless entry
- Standard 60/40-split folding rear bench with armrest and two cupholders
- Optional push-button start
- Available cloth, leather or two-tone leather seats
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
The 2008 Challenger was only available with the SRT8's 6.1-liter V-8. For 2009, the Challenger went mainstream by offering a V-6 and manual transmission option. There's also a reengineered 5.7-liter Hemi with variable valve timing and an expanded multi-displacement system that allows the car to operate on four cylinders when less power is needed. Unlike its archrival, the Mustang, the Challenger has an independent rear suspension.
- Standard 250-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 with 250 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional 5.7-liter V-8 that makes 372 hp and 400 pounds-feet of torque with the automatic transmission and 376 hp and 410 pounds-feet of torque with the manual
- Standard five-speed automatic transmission
- Optional six-speed manual transmission
- All-disc brakes
Safety features include:
- Standard side curtain airbags for front and rear occupants
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard antilock brakes
The SRT8 is a high-performance version of the Dodge Challenger, visually distinguished by its black hood racing stripes and exclusive leather sport seats with embroidered SRT8 logos and striped inserts.
The SRT8 is powered by a 425-hp, 6.1-liter V-8 engine that makes 420 pounds-feet of torque with either a five-speed automatic or an optional six-speed manual transmission. It also sports Brembo brakes and a sport-tuned suspension and steering.
Other features include:
- Limited-slip differential
- Reconfigurable display can show zero-to-60 mph times, eighth- and quarter-mile times, braking performance and g-force readings
- Standard 20-inch aluminum wheels
- Limited edition Plum Crazy Model includes Plum Crazy Pearl Coat exterior color, plum seat-stripe insert and serialized plaque on the dash
Back to top
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Dodge Challenger
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.