2012 Dodge Challenger

2012 Dodge Challenger

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Great sports car for the money

by Challenger SXT from Miami, Florida | May 20, 2014

Bought 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT 3.6L V6 305hp from factory. Drive long distances and was looking for something sporty but fuel efficient. This by far is the most enjoyable car of it's class that I have ever driven. Vehicle is plenty roomy inside considering it's a 2 door sports car, power is more than enough at 305hp making driving a bit spirited. I have constant second looks while I'm at the traffic light. 19mpg City and 29 highway is impressive. I added a Mopar CAI and I have increased my HP and MPG to 32 Highway while increasing my power and torque. Wish that this model came with the 8 speed transmission instead of the 5 speed. Cabin noise is not that best as highway driving can be a bit noisy because of the tires. Michelin Pilot 235/5518 are rather noisy but ride overall is comfortable. A/C is awesome with Automatic A/C. Love this car!!!!

Buy if you must

by soulplusbrother from walla walla,wa | March 17, 2014

in november i bought a used 2012 sxt and loved it. it had 19,000 miles on. The ride is extremely smooth. something you would expect from a euro car but you sure get it in this car. If you want attention then this is the car. i had ppl in $80k cars turning their head to watch me drive by. Nothing fancy on it just the base model. the inside is very dull with lots and lots of cheap plastic and the you will notice it once you really settle in. the stereo is great and puts out plenty of bass. it handled great in the snow. i was going through 6-8 inches of snow and i plowed right through it. sad to say like many other challengers i found rust on suspension and other areas plus on the bolts that hold the door onto the frame. i decided to get rid of it before it became a money pit. i traded it in before my first oil change. now i own a 2014 kia soul plus. you dont get the looks but wow do you save on gas. love this car and highly recommend it.

2012 Challenger SRT8

by jcs98177 from Seattle | January 22, 2014

This is my second SRT8 and I love it. The car is fun to drive and provides a comfortable ride for long distances. I average about 12.5 miles per gallon this is a combination of city and HWY but with this kind of power who needs millage. It is very easy to get out on the highway and pass your destination because you just don’t want to stop. I’ll be buying a 2014 with the new 6.2 Hemi later this year with a manual trans so I can have the best of both worlds. An automatic for when I have to spend time in traffic and a manual for when I just want to have fun.

great car

by Clint from New Jersey | January 9, 2014

I have owned my 392 Yellow Jacket Challenger for over a year and a half. As of posting this have zero issues or dislikes and enjoy it more every day. The fuel mileage is surprisingly good considering the power and the weight of it. It rides so smoothly you want to get out on the highway and just drive long distances.

This is the best car 2012 SXT

by wildrider83 from Miami,Fl | November 7, 2013

This is the best car that i have ,is big inside ,and everybody has to turn their eyes on you when you arrive at some place.Go ahead and try for one time and you will see.

Best car I've ever owned

by aldo90731 from Los Angeles, CA | October 30, 2013

This is my second Dodge Challenger 392....and totally LOVE it! Challenger offers best combination of performance, comfort, styling and fun to drive. The interior needs a little updating, but the Dodge Challenger is by far the best car I've ever owned. You may find a faster or a cheaper 2-door, but no other modern 4-seater will stimulate your senses like a Challenger 392 and serve as daily driver at the same time.

dodge challenger sxt plus

by joespeeddemon from el paso,tx | August 16, 2013

I always wanted a dodge challenger , Found this car at a local dealer, bought it same day for a great deal.

Near Perfect

by Kappi from Bay Area, CA | July 26, 2013

This car handles nicely and the drive is very smooth. I have the 3.6L V-6 which is more than enough power for me. The cabin is quiet and there is minimal wind noise on the freeway. Occasionally there is some road noise on very coarse paving. I do mostly city driving and average about 25-26mpg which is quite amazing since the EPA estimates are 19-27mpg. There is an eco mode that turns on by itself which supposedly turns off two cylinders in the engine when they are not needed. The interior cabin of this car is pretty nice, I have the upgraded sound and when I blast my music the car doesn't have rickety/vibrating noises like some other cars. The cabin is quiet and the ride is smooth but if you want a sportier drive, opt for the sport package which includes a stiffer suspension. Otherwise expect your Challenger to feel like a big boaty cruiser. Having only owned imports before this car I was worried about the reliability. The only issue I have had is when I release the gas pedal sometimes between 2nd and 3rd gear the transmission seems to create a stall and a thud. I am not sure what that is. There is a huge blind spot out the passenger side window and pay extra for the back up cam if you can because you cannot see out when reversing. 95% of the time I just back out and pray for the best.

Solid Car

by Hot Rod Enthusiast from Grand Prairie,TX | July 13, 2013

The 2012 Didge Challenger is a good car. It looks good & sounds good. My only issue is the headliner had to be redone twice. There is a factory flaw with the headliner. Also horn is a little wimpy.

Great Styling

by Dodge/harley from Spring hill,Florida | July 6, 2013

I purchased my 2012 challenger almost 2 yrs. ago and have over 47000 miles on it.I have the v-6 and get 22mpg street/26-27 hwy.It handles great and the design of the car is awsome.mine is bright red.I have taken it out west,up north,and central USA.handles great on the hills and has more than enough power for passing.I highly recommend it as you can see by the mileage on it.