2013 Dodge Challenger

See Photos & Videos

Overall

The best thing since the '68 Charger

by Mopar Muscle Fan from Boston | March 2, 2014

Few will argue that that new Challengers have unbelievable curb-appeal. They make an impressive entrance wherever they go. They're probably the best-looking car I've seen from Dodge since the '68 Charger (just my opinion). One important feature for those seeking a vintage Charger - is whether or not the hood-mounted directional signal indicators still function. They are typically mentioned and/or photographed in every ad I’ve seen for a vintage Charger. Now, I know we're talking about Challengers here, not Chargers. But, it's just that small added feature that screams Mopar Muscle when you sit behind the wheel of a vintage high performance Dodge. Wouldn't it be great if design engineers could integrate this feature into the hood designs of the new Challengers? After all, the Challenger is a retro-design - isn't it?

Head over heels in Love, with a car...

by Herk from Paulsboro, New Jersey | January 16, 2014

Bought my SXT Plus in Oct., now with 3k miles and driven in a fairly heavy snow storm, I'm truly in love with my car. I've had more than my share of sports cars, and I cant believe the power in the V6, 305 horses is unreal for a 6 cyl but they are some well fed horses. The ride is very surprising being a sports car I just love the smooth ride being hugged snuggly in my all so soft leather seats and is quite quiet. the brakes also are above my expectations being the best I've had in any car. I also have a stage II audio package which I couldn't find the sub & amp without researching it, but you can defiantly hear & feel what $1300 gets you. All in all I just enjoy every second in this vehicle and since it gets pretty good gas mileage I believe it will be every opportunity I have.

SRT Core

by Brian4567 from Kentucky | January 15, 2014

To me the SRT Core Challenger is the only real muscle car on the market. It's styling is more true to its predecessor than the other "muscle" cars. The Camaro is an amalgamation of various years that ultimately does nothing to resemble its heritage. The Mustang while more true to its heritage has started to take on a look in recent years that frankly I dislike. But in the end, the Mustang and Camaro are really pony/sports cars and not true muscle. The Challenger is big and powerful like a muscle car should be. It also has a 4 door uglier brother, although not technically the same style (Charger and 300 share same body.) like a muscle car should. It handles adequately but has more straight line focus that its "muscle" car competition. The 6 cyl model is what it is. The R/T while a muscle car lacks the ultimate grunt of the 392. The SRT is generally to frilly and well appointed to be considered a muscle car in the truest sense. The Core has the formula right. Strip out the frills and cram the biggest motor under the hood as you can.

Every Gal Needs a Muscle Car

by Jules from Kansas City, Mo. | January 7, 2014

Love, Love, Love this car! I shopped online for a Challenger for over a month. Finally found the model I wanted on cars.com at a location and price that was certainly acceptable. Love the leather interior. The seats just wrap around you and adjust even for a smaller gal like myself. I've always driven sensible cars and decided it was time to get something fun and flashy. Not only is it a head-turner, performs like NASCAR, but even my 80 year old mother loves to be seen in it. Not the best in snow, but 9/10 ain't bad, right?

Great Car that DOESN'T HOLD VALUE

by Auto Body Tech from Charlston, SC | December 31, 2013

I have a 2013 STR-8. I car has a great retro look and is very comfortable. It is a lot of fun to drive, but I wasn't impressed with the power and the handling as compared to my previous Corvette. I check into putting a super charger on the motor only to find out that Dodge has used cheap pistons and rings that will not hold up to any extra compression, The only way to make it work is to tear down the entire top end of the motor and build it for performance, I thought I was buying a performance car? My 2nd complaint is the resale value. I have a 4 month old $50k car with 2500 miles on it that will only bring $36k if traded in. I have never had a sports car that lost value so quickly.

one of the most reliable cars ive owned

by d dog from Decatur tx | December 10, 2013

i love my challenger. handles great at any speed . very comfortable on short or long trips. sound system is what i always wanted. this is my dream car. the only is issue i have is with the paint. tends to chip.

Very Surprised

by Man of Many Cars from Los Angeles, CA | November 9, 2013

Well having many cars so far in life, this one does not disappoint! I've had American, Swedish, German and Japanese and all having their pros and cons. Before purchasing the Challenger, I also looked at the competition, the Mustang and Camaro. As both drove nice and plenty of power, the Mustang just doesn't have road presence. I feel the exterior styling is on the tame side, but the interior is probably the nicest of the 3. The Camaro is the opposite. It has nice exterior styling, but cheap plastic interior. Also very small backseats as well. This is where the Challenger fits the bill. It has a great exterior and a nice interior too. It may not have as good interior as the Mustang, but is way better than the Camaro. The Challenger also has livable backseats and a very large trunk. To me, it was the best of the three. Though the other two might have a little sharper handling, the Challenger is the most comfortable and has good brakes. They're all going to have similar MPG and horsepower, but I think the Challenger is the best overall.

2013 Challenger

by ALawishes from Richlands NC | November 2, 2013

a upward model trade to the SRT 392 Hemi 6 speed 470hp 470 ft pounds of torque 18 speaker Harmon Kardon 900Watt sterio. I love the car... I had the 5.7 l Hemi and pit on 80k miles. The upgrade in performance was expected, but the advanced handling technology included was and is amazing.

very intimidating car

by plum crazy from kaukauna,wi. | September 26, 2013

does everything I want it to do very quickly!!! hard to believe a 470hp car can get 21.5 mpg but mine does!! why in the heck do I get banged an extra $1000.00 for GAS GUSSLER tax? just plain abuse!!!

I am thrilled with this car

by SRT8 Core Hemi orange from Bethesda, MD | September 16, 2013

I lease a 2013 SRT8 Core since August, I am very happy with the car and its performance. Big enough to sit an adult on the back, do not think on 4 adults making a long trip but I have one 9 year-old son and for the three of us there is enough space. The trunk capacity is amazing, I carry two big cases at all times and they fit perfectly with room for two or three other small bags. Gas mileage is not good, but what the heck, I have 470 HP under the hood!