This big, retro two-door coupe seats five. It's offered with a choice of V-6 or V-8 power, and it is also available in high-performance SRT form with a 470-horsepower V-8 engine. Competitors include the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro.
(Skip to details on the: SRT 392)
New for 2014
For 2014, Chrysler has expanded the availability of certain features. Every Challenger can now be equipped with performance suspension and brakes as well as 20-inch aluminum wheels.
Also new is an option package for entry-level Challengers and SXT models called the Super Sport Group. It includes 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels, a peppier 3.07 axle ratio, a rear spoiler, performance suspension and brakes, and a quicker steering ratio. A Super Sport Group includes zinc steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles and a Sport Mode that changes the automatic transmission’s shift timing for best response. This package can also be had in Sinister Super Sport guise: The only difference is black-painted wheels.
- Body-colored door handles, front and rear bumpers and mirrors
- Standard 18-inch aluminum wheels; 20-inch rims available
- Chrome exhaust tips
- Available fog lights
- Available sunroof
- Available high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Pistol-grip-design shifter
- Cloth upholstery; available leather
- Power-adjustable driver's seat; heated front seats available
- Automatic air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Remote start on automatic-transmission cars
- 60/40-split folding rear bench with armrest and two cupholders
- CD stereo with MP3 jack
- Available touch-screen stereo with 30-gigabyte hard drive
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
- Standard 305-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 with 268 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 5.7-liter V-8 makes 372 hp and 400 pounds-feet of torque with the five-speed automatic transmission and 375 hp and 410 pounds-feet of torque with the manual
- V-6 comes with a five-speed automatic transmission
- R/T V-8 models with automatic transmission have cylinder deactivation that shuts off four cylinders to save fuel when less power is needed
- Both engines use regular gas
- Standard all-disc brakes
- Side curtain airbags for front and rear occupants
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Electronic stability system
- Antilock brakes
- Active front head restraints
The performance-oriented SRT is powered by a 470-hp, 6.4-liter V-8. Launch control is standard. Available is an adaptive suspension system with two modes on manual transmission models and three modes for automatic-transmission models to favor everyday comfort, sporty driving or track-oriented performance.
Dodge says the SRT can go from zero to 60 mph in the high-4-second range and run the quarter-mile in the mid-12-second range.
- Six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission
- Performance-tuned dual exhaust system
- 20-inch aluminum wheels
- Brembo-brand brakes
- Limited-slip differential
- Uconnect hands-free phone system
- Reconfigurable display can show zero-to-60-mph times, eighth- and quarter-mile times, braking performance and g-force readings
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Available Harman Kardon premium stereo
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Dodge Challenger.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range