2006 Dodge Charger

Available in 3 styles:  2006 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Beware once this car gets over 100,000 miles

by Andy from Davison, MI | June 20, 2014

I purchased my 2006 Charger R/T in December 2011 and it had approximately 89,000 miles on it. In June of 2012 both fans seized up and had to have them both replaced, cost about $1400. Multiple repairs had to be done in 2013, namely front tie rods, and air conditioning system, about $1500. At 147,000 in March of 2014 the main pulley for the serpentine belt seized and shredded the belt which caused it to lose power steering and overheat, cost about $1200. Two weeks after that the valve seats dropped, completely ruining the engine. Total engine replacement with out of the crate brand new enging cost $4700. The cause was the engine getting too hot which caused the valve seats to drop. One month later the power steering pump sprang a leak which sprayed power steering fluid all over the engine which caused the serpentine belt to slip breaking my less than one month old belt, causing overheating again. Dodge is telling me that this is a completely unrelated incident to the previous incident, so they're charging me another $500 for repairs. So this car that cost me $15,000 to purchase in three years has cost me $9300 in repairs. I've done some research and it seems like these issues such as the fans, and the valve seats are pretty common problems with this engine and Chrysler hasn't had a recall to fix. So expect having to buy a new engine before your car has 150000 miles on it, and then still have problems after that. Nice looking car, but not worth the hassle.

excellent

by Kenny M from Hollywood, Fl | January 8, 2014

This car is a lot more comfortable and a lot more fun to drive. Fast! Fun! Great looks! Very comfortable! I appreciate the excellent build, ride, and fun of this car you must test drive one. It ranks as the best car I've ever owned!!!

Muscle Car

by Owner from Raleigh, NC | December 18, 2013

Car has crazy torque. It will easily pin you to your seat. Comfort in the ride is typical of a muscle car, but you don't buy a muscle car for the ride you get it for the power. Styling is easy on the eyes. I like the styling much more than the newer Chargers except for the door scoops. I do wish Dodge would have included those on the SRT8.

nice car

by broomfield from Columbus Ohio | June 2, 2013

I will refer this to my friends they got back with me pretty quick .:........... and they gave me a 3 year 36-month bumper to bumper warranty

honest, friendly people

by Mopar fan from San Dimas, CA | May 25, 2013

had a great experience here. The people at Route 66 are very honest, friendly, and know what they're talking about. Had all documentation on issues and services done. Were up front about known issues and are willing to make a reasonable price. Would buy from here again.

Fastest car in my neighborhood!

by Monk from Naugatuck, CT. | April 10, 2013

My R/T is a real head turner. Its a 2006 with everything I need. Has no Nav but that didn't matter to me. It DOES have looks, style, and speed. It's the one I've always wanted!!

Great Driving Car

by Silver Ghost from Madison | February 28, 2013

2006 Dodge Charger R/T , fast and good on gas on the road, excellent interior, has a lot of options and very nice styling on the body, low mileage well kept vehicle.

MY CAR

by Old School from | September 6, 2012

Someone is missing out on a great deal on a used sports car.I am the former owner of the 06 Silver Charger that is located at Gossett Ram /Jeep on Covington pike.I traded it in on a 1500 Ram truck.This car was garage kept,driven from work to home only.All scheduled maint was performed.Tinted windows and premium sound system.Rides and looks like a new car.I should have kept it!

Love It!

by MotoAce51 from Horseheads, NY | May 28, 2012

I bought a 2006 Charger RT. Its fully loaded and I love it. It has power, great handling and anything else I could want. It has MDS so it kicks from 8cyl to 4 when cruising on the highway. It gets decent mileage as long as you drive more than 5miles at a time. When tuning the engine I was shocked to see it took 16 spark plugs which could become quite pricey. But people recommend using the cheap copper ones like from the factory. The interior is loaded with heated leather seats and dual climate control. There is a NAV system, and rear DVD for the kids. The trunk room is huge, and the rear seat is large enough you can fit a car seat and 2 full size adults. I was wondering if I would regret paying a little more for a little older car but I wouldnt take it back for anything. The car is amazing...

Best car I have ever owned

by Daytona Lover- Jayrow75 from Croydon, PA | March 27, 2012

If you are considering buying a charger, do it. If you are looking at other cars, don't bother. This car is perfect in so many ways. It has airbags for safety. It has GPS navigation. It has a rear DVD player. It has heated seats. It has hideaway plugs for cell phones and other conveniences. The exterior curves are very welcoming. Everything is great about this car. I personally drive a Daytona edition. Here is the best part..... I am a large person like most of america. This car is deceptively roomy inside. I sit very comfortably in both front seats. Sorry, I haven't sat in the back, but my kids love it. I have the HEMI engine and it is sweet. I usually describe it as purring like a kitten and roaring like a lion when accelerating hard. The car maneuvers very well. If you are an adult who had to give up the sports car for the family, This is the car for you.