While the Charger name is a throwback to the 1970s coupe, the underpinnings and design are modern. The Charger comes in SE, SXT and R/T trims. There's also a high-performance SRT8 model. Rear-wheel drive is standard, but SXT and R/T models are available with all-wheel drive. Its main competitors are full-size American sedans like the Chevrolet Impala, Ford Taurus and Pontiac G8.
Skip to details on the: Charger SRT8
New for 2010
Side curtain airbags are standard on all models.
Dodge says the Charger combines modern coupe styling with four-door functionality. The Charger has a bold crossbar front end and a short deck. There are minimal wheel flares, and a long bodyside crease meets another crease at the rear doors. For 2010, the sill cladding is body-colored on all models.
- Standard body-colored door handles and front and rear bumpers
- Standard power side mirrors
- Optional rear deck spoiler
- Standard 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Available 18- or 20-inch wheels
The Charger's five-occupant interior features front bucket seats and a rear bench. A 60/40-split folding rear seat is standard. The interior features a two-tone design that's similar to the Chrysler 300. There are also standard front cupholders with LEDs, plus map-pocket lighting.
- Standard front-seat lumbar support and manual tilt/telescoping steering column
- Standard remote keyless/illuminated entry and power trunklid release
- Cloth or leather seats available
- Available steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- Available automatic dual-zone climate control
- Optional hands-free communication system
- Optional remote start
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
For 2010, the engine lineup includes two V-6s and a Hemi V-8. The next-generation 5.7-liter Hemi engine has variable valve timing and an expanded multi-displacement system that allows the car to operate on four cylinders when less power is needed.
Offered as an option on the R/T, the Road/Track option package includes a revised steering gear, load-leveling shock absorbers and a retuned suspension.
- Standard 178-horsepower, 2.7-liter V-6 with 190 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 250-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 250 pounds-feet of torque
- Available 368-hp, 5.7-liter V-8 with 395 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard four-speed automatic transmission
- Available five-speed automatic transmission
- Standard all-disc brakes and hydraulic power steering
Safety features include:
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Accident Response System that turns on interior lights, unlocks doors and cuts off fuel to the engine after airbags deploy
- Optional antilock brakes with traction control
- Optional electronic stability control with brake assist
The SRT8 is marked by integrated air dams, a hood scoop, a deck lid spoiler and chromed dual exhaust tips. The interior sports deeply sculpted perforated leather seats with suede inserts.
The SRT8 comes standard with a powerful 425-hp, 6.1-liter V-8 with 420 pounds-feet of torque.
Other features include:
- 20-inch aluminum wheels
- Brembo brakes and a sport-tuned suspension
- Standard instruments include 180-mph speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauges
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Dodge Charger
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.