2012 Dodge Charger

2012 Dodge Charger
Available in 7 styles:  2012 Dodge Charger 4dr RWD Sedan shown

Overall

No longer a fan of Dodge...

by Tae from Virginia | November 5, 2014

Dodge Charger has always been my dream car, I purchased my vehicle 1 year ago and it has been in and out the shop constantly due to malfunctions and recalls I've come out of pocket with way too much money already, I'm no longer a Dodge fan this may not be the case for everyone so if you plan on purchasing just do your research before hand.

I'll Drive it Until I Die.

by The Girl With The Hemi from Emerald City | August 13, 2014

Let me first start by saying, changing the body style changed my thoughts 100%. We needed a new car and I was drivin a run down Mazda 3. I was looking at luxury cars (Land Rover, Infiniti, Porsche) and I came across this car and decided to give it a test drive. Drove it and fell in love. So my Fiance bought the 5.6L V8 Hemi Charger R/T for me as a Christmas pressie. I have no blind spot issues, and dont' feel as though I'm driving a boat. Being a girl driving a Hemi, it turns heads. I will say that I drove it from Washington to California and i got 3 cracks in my windshield that I wasn't happy about. The gas mileage isn't great in the city, but once you get on the highway (granted you're not stuck in traffic) you get about 400 miles on a tank. Never in my life did I think I would be driving a man's sports car. But I do. And i Love it.

CRAZY sweet car SXT/RWD

by That average guy looking for more! from Ohio | March 16, 2014

I bought the 2012 SXT/RWD charger with 35,000 miles on it. It was the first used car my family's bought in 20+ years and it's an amazing car it's got great power it's fun it's reliable it's just sweet! I also love the looks you get from people. They drive by with their eyes locked on your car because it's so sick looking. I actually watched a lady today jump out of her car to check mine out. I fully recommend this car to anyone who doesn't wanna just drive the plain car that fits in. This is deffinatly a stand out car. The alpine system I must say it's quite amazing although the speaker in the back rattles a wee bit when it's 20+ on the volume. Bass is rediculose. the whole interior is just sweet. One great feature is how quick the heat kicks on and the heated seats get warm it's incomparable to other cars cause my mother has an 2011 accord wth heated seats and it takes two times as long to warm up. One thing that I know a lot of people worry about is RWD in winter but the car is so stable and heavy you could never tell the difference and I drive through snow all the time in winter so I know for sure that it does really well in winter. So again it's just an amazing car and I fully recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!

BE CAREFUL: HIDDEN ISSUES.

by Regretful Buyer from Charlotte, NC | November 11, 2013

When I first bought this car, I loved everything about it. The car itself is absolutely beautiful. It's spacious and comfortable inside, and sleek and mean outside. It was my dream car. HOWEVER, this car has been CONSTANTLY in-and-out of the shop. Literally, something is ALWAYS not functioning properly (or multiple mandatory recalls are being performed), which is ridiculous for a car with only 35000 miles on it. I'm probably going to have to sell it because I cannot take this anymore. I'm so frustrated at this point and Dodge has been no help at all - WOULD NOT RECOMMEND if you want a no-hassle vehicle.

Great Highway Mileage

by Purchased in OKC from Jacksonville, AR | October 22, 2013

My dad helped me purchase this car about two week ends ago from OKC. I thought I would never purchase another dodge vehicle but I fall in love with this car. I seen it on the internet for a good price and I had to have to it. The only two things I questioned was it had scratches on the hood and they wanted me to bring it back that following Monday, but I drove in from Arkansas and I asked them to see if I could have it done in Arkansas. My other thing is the windows were not tinted. Overall, I really enjoy my car, I even drove back home (5hours) and didn't have to put no gas in it until that Wednesday. It gets great highway mileage.

Super Sporty for the Money

by Jax Car Guy from Jacksonville,FL | October 17, 2013

Great car and fun to drive. You can be sporty while taking the family out on the town. It's is a real head turner and fast.

Nice looking but Needs interior help

by like to drive from Fall River MA | September 29, 2013

Great looking car with lots of interior space for extra tall people (us). The seats aren't very comfortable. I would expect all models to have adjustable lumbar support for the class & money. The SE doesn't. The driver seat creaks & squeaks (driving me crazy). Something you don't pay attention to on a test drive. I bought used with 35,000 miles but I've heard this about new ones also. The plastic (yes - plastic) in the wheel wells can come loose & it flutters in the wind causing irritating noise. The car has great pick-up to pass. The dealer is ordering a new seat frame for me (just bought the car a couple weeks ago). They tried oiling the seat & it didn't work. It sounds like the seat is going to break - really bad. The seats also lack cushioning. I traded in a 10 yr old van (170,000 miles) that had super comfy bucket seats that didn't squeak & creak. There's no excuse for the seat issue. The center console is a lot of wasted space. There should be a side opening for some storage. The arm rest lifts with a tiny storage space & plugs. Great to have the plugs there but I would think that storage could have been larger. I pray that it's mechanically sound!! HUGE THANKS to Dodge for making a stylish sedan that fits 4 people standing 6' 6" tall. Camaro lowered their roof 3 inches so anyone 6' & over has their head touching the ceiling (if they can get in at all). We're Americans & we're TALL. Gas Mileage:If you drive conservatively, you can get 26 mpg. If not, about 22 mpg. I left Toyota after over 20 yrs to try American again. The Toyota quality has dropped but their prices haven't. So far, the dealer has been taking care of the assorted noises without issue.

Dodge charger

by Microbu from | July 26, 2013

A big family sedan in the classic Detroit mold, the 2012 Dodge Charger keeps getting better with each new model year. Revamped with a lot more flair and features last year, this year's Charger adds a new eight-speed automatic to boost gas mileage over the 30-mpg mark, while it also blows the doors off hot domestics and seeks out initials like M, AMG, and RS with the spectacular SRT8 package.

2012 charger se

by Augi from Syr, NY | March 5, 2013

Have had the car for a year now and it has been a good year with the car. The 3.6 V6 is a good engine to me because it still has the power to pass people when you need to and gets decent fuel economy for a V6. The better thing about the 2012 models is because the have the 8 speed auto which does help with that fuel economy. My charger is currently getting 23 miles per gallon which is very decent for doing mostly city driving. The interior is very good compared to the last model of the charger. The ride for the car is very smooth and you really dont feel those bumps unless you hit a big one. Plus the car just looks really really good and you can see it coming from miles since they really improved the looks and made it look more sporty. My only dislikes about the car is that they didnt give the 8 speed auto the auto shift feature or even paddle shifters. One of the two would of been nice to have. If you want the auto shift you have to get the 5 speed auto but really kills you fuel economy or get the the sxt plus with the 8 speed auto with paddles. For the kind of money you have to pay to get a V6 8Spd auto with paddle shifters your better off getting the R/T with the V8 5 speed if you want a charger for racing. Pros for charger with V6: good gas mileage with 8 spd auto, interior is very roomy and well lighten up, comes with a touch screen no matter what a small one for radio only or bigger one for nav and so on, car body look really good. Cons: should come with auto shift on 8 spd auto or paddle shifts standard. Also should have bluetooth standard

Great Charger

by Bill from Central Valley of CA along 99 | February 11, 2013

I am 6'4" tall and a Civic that gets 38/39 on Hwy is tight. I got the 2012 Charger as a lease return w/17K miles on it. It is the SE, 3.6ltr, V6 w/5spd transmission. We live south of Sacramento and in a recent trip to San Diego on 99, The Grapevine and light LA stop/go traffic-we averaged 33.2mpg both directions. On the pancake flat of Hwy 99 at 65mph, we squeek out 35mpg. Lots of amenities even for a basic car and comfort for my size and petite wife. Plenty of power, mpg and comfort. Have averaged 20/21 mpg in suburban driving. Do not know what city rush hour mpg would look like.