1993 Dodge Dakota

See Photos & Videos

Overall

She just will not die

by Rancher and RVer from LaVeta Colorado | April 7, 2014

I bought her ( yes it is female and has a name) with only 1700 miles on her. At 190,000 I have had no real trouble. I have pulled a hay wagon to a 6000 lb RV 5th wheel. The 5.2 and overall toughness can put her at the same level as many bigger trucks. I will admit getting her into the tighter parking can be a pain. Tight turns belong to car not a work truck. AT over 20 years old the only problem I have is finding spare parts. Other than body work and a paint job she is as good looking as when I bought her .

Great little truck

by CrashTheRedneck from montgomery city, mo | March 7, 2014

I bought this truck when I turned 16 and I really abused it the first few years. I took it mudding and about everything else that's hard on a truck even high centering it. after all that its still a very reliable tough little truck. its has a ton of get up and go when you hit the gas and can haul a lot for its size. the biggest load ive had on it so far was 2 tons and it handled it like a champ. after owning it for three years ive put well over 20,000 miles on it and over 2,000 miles was spent in the mud and after all of that the transmission finally went out, which I am told is something that rarely happens in this truck, and I feel that the truck is worth every bit of putting in the new transmission over buying a new truck.

ONE TOUGH TRUCK 20 yrs old

by Law Dog Ohio from Ohio | August 20, 2013

THE 5.2 V-8 EFI 240 horse is a reliable beast This Old Truck is quick and is a 4X4 Le x cab We've always owned Chevys and this Dodge Dakota is a better over all truck than an S-10 or Ranger by far! 114,000 k miles and she has been so reliable No major break downs this truck is now 20 yrs old

Very good!

by sport truck run from traverse city, mi | May 11, 2012

My 93 Dodge dakota Sports truck is bumped-up a little but WOW! great on trips saving money left and right. Very dependable truck.

Best truck I've ever owned

by Timber Rattler from Manassas, VA | January 26, 2012

I was amazed at the handling and ride ... never has shown a tendency to wash out the rear end, and it has as nice a ride and road feel as a large sedan. One breakdown in 100,000 miles due to a chaffed wire, otherwise virtually trouble free.

My Truck

by Hog Dawg from Springville, Ut | October 9, 2011

Just got done rebuilding the 3.9ltr in my dakota, glad I did, Dodge rules. Dodge has always been a tough truck, I wouldn't own anything but Dodge.

My First Truck

by '74_Challenger from Southeastern KY | September 4, 2010

My parents bought my 1993 Dakota Sport back around 1999-2000. It has been a very reliable truck with over 210,300 miles to date. I use it to commute to college, hunting, occasional trailer hauling and general off-roading. The 3.9 V-6 Magnum has plenty of get up and go, and with the custom exhaust and Flowmaster muffler I added, it sounds awesome. The only real problem I've experienced has been the power steering pump, but with this many miles some problems are to be expected.

My size truck

by Ray M from Florida Panhandle | May 25, 2010

Bought this truck used, got a great deal. 18 months later the timing chain broke and I had to buy a new engine. One of the worst things about the truck is the steering radius,...it just doesn't turn sharp which makes parking in a tight spot difficult. It rides more like a truck than a car which tells me it's rugged. I pull my 19' boat and trailer...it does OK.

my Tough Truck

by proud Dakota Owner from Springville Utah | January 24, 2010

I really injoy my dakota,I have the magnum v6 motor and it has alot of power,when I pull my camping trailer, I dont even know I have it behind me.Im glad I have this truck.

Great Truck

by dakota fan from Mississippi | September 7, 2006

I owned a 93 Dakota and it is one tough truck. I put about 265k on mine... and till the day I traded it for a new vehicle, one thing stuck in my head. Everytime I went to start it, it would crank up on the first key turn. On occasion the battery would be dead, but with a good battery, it would start like a champ. As the truck got older (past 200k) it did start to lose compression and had a hard time climbing steep hills. But I never noticed significant oil loss or significant smoking from the exhaust. Both of these was happening, but it was very minimal for a truck with 200k on the engine. I did replace the water pump at about 175 k, and the right wheel ball joint broke at about 159 k, and the ignition switch had to be replace at about 180 k, but that was all the major problems... all of this cost me around 500 bucks, although I did every thing myself exept the ball joint. What can I say.... this is a great vehicle. it ain't sexy, but for the price one pays it is well worth the money. For a knock around vehicle.. it is worth every penny.

Featured Services for this Dodge Dakota