1999 Dodge Dakota

Available in 15 styles:  Dakota Regular Cab Base shown

Overall

It was my first car

by Truck Enthusiast from Virginia | November 28, 2013

I might be kind of biased, just because it was my first car, but this is a great truck. The exterior is nice and the interior is very cozy....

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

have had better trucks

by meatpacker from LARGO | January 25, 2013

A good shape heavy duty dodge truck, runs fine but gas milage is not something I am crazy about. Paint job seems to be the standard Dodge paint job for that year, outer coating is peeling.

Excellent

by V8 More power from Paducah, KY | November 8, 2012

I love my truck, but since ive gotten laid off the gas bill is killing me. But other than that, the thing i love the most is if you put your foot to the floor you will take off with no problems

My first and only kind of truck!

by mechanic with a good truck from Richland, NY | March 21, 2011

In july of 2009, I bought my 2wd dakota V6 sport and I am now forever a dodge man. at the time it had 80k miles on it and i now have it up to 106k. If you take good care of it, it makes one heck of a truck wheather it be for hauling heavy loads or just getting from A to B. It may not be the best in the world for winter driving because it's not a 4x4 but if u keep good tires on it and put about 300lbs of weight in the bed, it can't be stopped. annother thing i like about it is the exterior styling with the way the fenders stick out. It kind of reminds me of a truck from the 1940's. Being a mechanic, i have also found that the dakota is very easy to work on (if you ever need to). i have needed to replace a few parts here and there but that is to be expected when it's an older, higher mileage vehicle. Just take the time to change the oil whenever necessary and this truck will last for years and years. Everyone I know who has or has had a dodge dakota no matter what year it is, has them at 200k plus! Anyways, the point I'm trying to get accross is that this truck is great and I wouldn't have any other.

Great truck!

by Georgie from West Monroe, NY | July 29, 2010

My Dakota has 85,000 miles on it and I haven't had a lick of trouble since I bought it. It's the Sport model with a six cylinder engine. The exierior is in great shape with the exception of the rear bumper which has rusted severely. I plan to get a chrome after-market bumper next spring and then it will look like new.The paint is still great and there is no rust anywhere except the rear bumper. Gas mileage is about 20mpg overall. It has served me well thusfar and I hope to keep it forever.

Make friend with a mechanic.....quick.

by martinex from Frederick, MD | August 6, 2009

I traded in my 97 Dakota Sport (2WD) because of it's poor handling on wet and snowy roads, in retrospect one of the worse decisions I ever made. Not only did I get screwed on the trade-in, but the 4X4 version was a dog. Both trucks had the same 5.2 liter V8 but with the 4X4 there was a noticeable decline in performance and fuel economy. Of course this is to be expected but it was very noticeable. Both trucks handle remarkably well for what for all intents and purposes is a midsized truck. In fact, the turning radius is almost exactly the same as my Honda Civic. Taking off in 2WD on wet roads is a guaranteed spin out due to the torque and the light rear load. As far as reliability is concerned it's hard to believe the two vehicles came off the same assembly line. In my first 10,000 miles I'm not sure if the truck had more horizontal miles or vertical. Suspension, drive train, fan clutch, water pump, you name it. When the battery runs down the engine begins hesitating violently. I know this because I purchased 5 batteries for this vehicle over the first 50,000 miles. I finally gave up on Mopar and purchased an Autozone battery because of the excellent warranty. Now when the battery dies I just trade it in for a new one. Undoubtedly the most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned. Having said that, it was also the most nimble truck I've ever driven. So if you're a mechanic or have a friend who owns a repair shop, then this is the truck for you.

Great Truck, and roomy

by Wildcat from Toronto | December 10, 2007

Feature just about everything you can imagine, disliked power window switch location. Prices are affordable and truck is reliable!!

Featured Services for this Dodge Dakota