2001 Dodge Dakota

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Excellent Truck

by Mike from Rochester, NY | May 28, 2014

This wasn't my first truck. I inharited this truck back in 2010 with 190k miles on it. It was well maintained. I have to say, this truck now has 230k miles on it. It still looks great for 13 years old. Best of all it is not always in the shop sucking up money. It has had some minor issues - very minor. It has not cost alot to maintain. Brakes and a senor that went bad. Everything in the truck still functions (A/C, Windows, cruise, CD and Tape,locks and so on) I have to agree with other comments. I hope Dodge (Ram), doesn't mess with a good thing. I would buy another one, as this one owes me nothing.

Most Reliable Work truck I have ever owned

by G from | January 14, 2014

Bought this car Three years ago with 97K miles and now has 170K miles without ONE single mechanical issue. Starts right up on cold winter mornings (-40F) without a moments hesitation. I am a carpenter and I load this truck up with a couple thousand pounds of hardwood flooring/ tiles etc. and this thing has plenty of power for a V6. I LOVE this truck and I hope dodge makes their newer trucks as dependable as this one.

very nice truck

by Franko from Cranford, nj | December 17, 2013

I recommend this truck is perfect size for everything you want to do it maybe camping construction wherever you want

great truck

by patrick from little rock, ar | November 15, 2013

I have owned my 2001 dakota sport quad cab 4.7 v8 since 2003, 32000 miles. Today it has 165000 hard miles on it. I use it to pull a 6x12 box trailer loaded up with a 750cc kawasaki side by side and other camping equipment to and from my camp in the ozerk mountains about ten times avyear plus as a car hauler a few more times a year. My wife put it into an interstate cable barier at 70 plus mph a few years ago. At that time radiator had to be replaced. At 160000 miles I finally gave it its first brake job and replaced wheel bearings. That is all other than oil changes. Great vehicle, can take a lot of abuse. Also I have a 50 pound dog that goes with me everywhere and no holes in seat yet.

Great value

by Eagles Fan from Nebraska | March 27, 2013

Very nice truck. Love the extended cab. The one I bought has a bed liner and retractable cover. The truck had relatively low miles for a 2001 125K. Got a great deal.

Old Dakota style

by Dakotaman from Hampton, VA | September 24, 2012

This truck is crew cab,very clean interior, with a few outside nicks and unrecognizable bumps wiith few recognizable bruises. Mileage was under average for its year. Have previous owned Dakotas and prefer styling of 98-2004. No complaints about the truck, just normal wear.

2001 Dodge Dakota

by airborne from Henrico VA | July 13, 2012

Bought this truck with 100,000 miles. 4 wheel drive. Soon the paint on the hood and top faded terribly. The doorknob made a loud noise when locking. Same problems as the 2001 I owned. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs reliable transportation

Great truck

by foxbo from Reno, nEvada | April 14, 2012

owned a 2001 slt 4x4 for 5 years. Has the 4.7 v8. Do yourself a favor and dont listen to some of these idiots that give a bad review. Best truck I have ever owned in my 50 years. Every car and truck has a few lemons.

Extremely Reliable

by Ren from Libertyville, IL | March 28, 2012

My dakota is 250+ miles, I've had to do minor repairs, this truck has served me well, still running great. I'd recommend it to anyone.

GREAT TRUCK!!!!

by slaveraider from Glencoe, Mn. | December 29, 2011

I had a 93 Dakota that was awsome the 159,000 miles I owned it, so when we needed another truck we purchased a 2001 Dakota, it again has performed great with no problems other then a waterpump at 181,000 miles. I needed a big truck to pull big toy hauler trailer, I was going to get a Ram but a friend talked me into a Ford f350....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!it has been in the shop 5 time the first year for sensors, tranny, and a wiring issue they tell me was still causing issues when they finally took it back with 28,000 miles and sold me a Ram truck its been ok fuel pump went out at 66,000 miles but no other issues to date.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Featured Services for this Dodge Dakota