2004 Dodge Dakota

2004 Dodge Dakota

Available in 16 styles:  2004 Dodge Dakota 4x2 Regular Cab 112" WB shown

16 city / 20–22 hwy

Overall

Aberdeen Chrysler (South Dakota)

by Jamie from Billings, MT | July 13, 2013

Great truck! Good condition. Runs good. Nice interior. Everything works. Was taken care of by preious owner. Was a good deal for the price I paid. Was a painless and honest experience. Aberdeen was easy to work with in regards to me having vehicle shipped to Montana by United Road. Thanks Brad for everything!

Miss My Dakota

by BK from | July 8, 2013

These trucks are great. Had one with the 4.7 V8 with a k&n intake and flowmaster 40 exhaust. It had excellent power. This truck did everything I wanted it to do, and it does the job of a 1500 series truck. This truck laughs at snow, mud, sand ect. The interior is pretty roomy for a smaller truck. The interior itself is a little boring, but I didn't really care. I wish I never traded it in, but I'm looking to buy another one soon!

Uses car for Off-roading

surprise in a smaller package

by pcard from Wethersfield,Ct | December 5, 2012

First time driving this little truck you feel the power of the 6 cyl motor. the handling is quick and responsive. the truck is very quiet no road noise or rattles. The windshield gives a full view of the road ahead. This is one of the nicest trucks that I've had owned. I would buy this truck again and again.

Uses car for Towing

Rust and Electronic Problems

by Toyota buyer from Moscow, PA | January 3, 2012

With only 85 miles on it, the check engine light came on. Other sending unit lights came on, including crank and cam shaft sensors necessitating the vehicle be towed. The fuel lines, undercarriage, steering knuckle, power steering rack and pressure lines, brake and gas lines all rusted.

04 Dodge Dakota

by kifton from Maine | October 22, 2011

Great little truck with lots of pulling capacity Parts are way to expensive cost $150 for a ball joint

Uses car for Towing

Power + function

by Tonybatozi from Ohio / Rhode Island | January 12, 2011

I have a 2x4, extended cab(2door), 4.7 v8. I think this combo is ideal (at least for me). I put a soft cover on the back, and I have been getting about 22 on the highway, and 16 city. averaged 18 mpg towing a 10' 5,200lb trailer from ohio to RI. bought it with 28,000 miles on it, i now have about 56,000. Never had any problems with it. I have all the towing power I need, combined with a decent size bed at just over 6'. I think the 2x4 is just fine, been through snow/mud whatever and get by just fine. Though I kinda wish that it was a bit higher, at least put some stronger leaf springs in the back. I had a bed full of mulch and was dragging butt all the way home. The engine had no problem, just the suspension feels week under strain.

Not very well made

by Love my Honda from Springdale, AR | November 8, 2010

I bought a 2004 Dakota SXT 4X4 and just traded it in after 84,500 miles. I was very disappointed with the engineering on this truck. I had to replace a power steering motor, a seat frame(really!!), water pump, had to have it tuned up, and when I traded it, it needed brakes, a head gasket, and transmission work. All this and I never towed anything and mainly drove it to work! Ran good, got terrible mileage(13.5mpg), rode rough. Very good 4WD. Traded it on a Honda Ridgeline.

Very reliable so far

by Love my trucks from Springfield, OR | June 4, 2010

I have the 3.7 L V6 club cab 4X4 SXT. It rides very nice for a 4X4 truck. Doesn't have the power my 98 Tacoma had and doesn't get good mileage...15mpg isn't good in my book. Doesn't seem to matter how or where it's driven, 15 is it. I've always liked the looks of the Dakota's. Only one serious problem; it fills up with water on passenger floorboard. Seems to be after using A/C or defroster. Bought this truck used 9 mos. ago with 43,000 miles. Runs great. Just wish I could get water stopped. Now have 52,000.

Dodge Quad Cab SXT V8

by Brandonator from Modesto, California | April 17, 2010

This truck has been an awesome, reliable vehicle! She is a real workhorse and does any task, whether towing, going to the mountains or grocery getting, with peace of mind! Exterior styling is wonderful and the V8 engine is powerful. I admit that the interior styling is rather bland and outdated but extremely durable and fuctional. This truck is going to stay with me a very long time. Bought it in 2008 with only 23,000 miles and now have a perfectly reliable 65,000.

2004 Dodge Dakota

by Nomad from Staten Island NY | February 5, 2010

Just got the truck used 95000 Dec 2009 just reg maintenance install tow bar truck run and drives fine very good value for the money. Over all the truck runs fine.

Featured Services for this Dodge Dakota