2008 Dodge Dakota

2008 Dodge Dakota

Available in 24 styles:  2008 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Extended Cab 131.3" WB shown

Overall

Best truck for light to medium work

by Dakota King from Lawrenceburg,Tn | May 29, 2012

I have owned 8 dakotas!! Never had any major problems, just normal wear and tear. I still have a 98 with 268k and work out of it every day. The 08 is a Laramie with every toy dodge makes for those . This is like the best one ever. But it does have street tires on a 4x4 but my wife loves this better than all the vehicles we have had.

Best Truck Ever

by jb from Baltimore, MD | May 5, 2012

I just bought this truck and love it. I looked for a long time and found one with all the right stuff - 4 wheele drive, power, just great all around.

It's a good value for the money

by Pat from Martinsburg, WV | February 1, 2012

I have owned a 2008 TRX Dodge Dakota for about 18 months now. I like the way it drives and handles. The suspension is sprung a bit soft but not a big deal. Plenty of power, the extra large pop up camper I tow feels like nothing behind it. I like the styling cues and I get quite a few compliments on the truck. If you don't want to go full size then I believe this truck should be the next in line to review because I am enjoying the truck. Toyota was too small and the Nissan also didn't have the interior room. Ford Ranger is a good truck but it bounced the fillings out of my teeth. Give the Dodge a look, you won't be sorry you did.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

more truck for the money

by maverick from GREENWOOD,AR | May 6, 2011

THIS DAKOTA IS JUST THE TRUCK I WANTED AND I AM VER PLEASED. THIS IS THE FOURTH DODGE TRUCK I HAVE OWNED AND I WOULD SAY THE BEST TRUCK FOR THE MONEY. I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT.

MY DODGE DOKOTA

by texfarmerjim from HOUSTON, TEXAS | March 19, 2010

LOVE IT, LOVE IT AND MY WIFE WHO IS ONLY 4'11" CAN GET IN IT WITHOUT HELP. IT IS A LITTLE BUMPY ON BUMPY ROADS AND THE GAS MILAGE IS NOT THE GREATEST BUT THEN THIS IS A V8.

Love This Truck

by Dakota Dave from | March 7, 2009

Very very happy with this purchase. It is a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and feels very stable on the road. It is a very comfortable truck to ride in.

It is great and nice truck

by JC from Olathe KS | November 29, 2008

I was able to save some money so when it is time to sell it and I probably would get more than I spent for it (saved about $7000)

Pleasantly Surprised

by Westtexgeo from Houston | November 20, 2008

I've had my Dakota SLT for about 6 months and couldn't be more pleased. I considered the Tacoma and Frontier along with the Dakota and it came to getting the most truck for the least amount of money, and Dodge was certainly willing to deal. I gave them my list of specs and they were able to find an exact match and get the truck delivered in a few days. I was going to stay bottom line, but being used to some features in previous vehicles, I decided on the SLT extended cab and I haven't second guessed my decision. It handles well, has plenty of room, both inside (behind the seats and with multiple cubby holes and drink holders) and outside with a near full size bed. The truck came with a bed liner and Dodge's adjustable tie downs/utility rails which I've used many times. The SLT comes with a lot of nice features (check their website) and the 3.3 L V6 has ample power, even when towing a trailer. Mileage is pretty much as advertized, about 17-18 in the city and mid 20s on the highway. With the lifetime power train warranty it's one less thing to worry about. Absolutely no problems so far.

I don't need a full size truck all the time

by GAOLER from BELLEVILLE, ONT CANADA | November 16, 2008

For the last 3 Winters I've commuted 35 km each way to work leaving hjome at 0430 hrs. Most Winter mornings the roads are not plowed and it's hard to tell where the shoulders begin.This fall I had a chance to pick up a Dakota 4x4 withtthe crew cab that had been a short term lease. No longer do I slide all the way to work the drive in and out is as relaxing as on my bike in the summer. The interior is functional, simple and the gauges and instruments are easy to use and understand. for those of you that would like a fancier interior please remember it's not a yuppie SUV it's a working truck. I can carry coca bean mulch from the nursery, take garbage to the dump, haul the lawn mower to the shop, and this winter for the first time we'll head to the cottage in Quebec in the dead of winter to go cross country skiing.

One of the Best Trucks on the Road

by dakota fan from Denver, CO | February 23, 2008

I had the chance to spend a weekend with a 2008 4WD 4-Door Dodge Dakota V8. We used it to move, and it did that perfectly. The ride is excellently smooth, and the cabin is quiet. INTERIOR The interior is one of the best, if not THE best interior I've ever seen in a Mid-Size pickup truck. The plastic, with nicely done graining, is easily cleaned with a simple swipe of an Armor-All wipe. Storage options are plentiful, including a Cell-Phone holder in the center console, 5 cupholders in the cabin, and a dashboard organizer - a nice touch. The interior is very spacious, and the seats were adequately padded, with a lot of support. The firmness and softness/comfort of the seats is well-balanced. Interior fit and finish is good. CAPABILITIES We used our Dakota for moving, which means we only used the bed. Our SLT model came with built-in bed rails, which helped to secure cargo, and were easily adjusted and used. ENGINE AND POWERTRAIN The V8 Magnum engine we had supplied more than enough power to do almost anything we threw at it. It accelerated he same when we had a full load in back than when it was empty. It delivers a healthy V8 groan, and is well-suited for the truck. It returned overall 18. 5 mpg between city and highway driving - a spectacular figure for a V8 truck of its size. The transmission is smooth, and it was overall very pleasant to work with. SAFETY AND SECURITY The 2008 Dodge Dakota comes standard with Front Advanced Airbags, with side curtain airbags for one or two rows available. Side torso airbags are not available. In NHTSA tests, the Dakota earned 5 stars in Front, Side, and Rear tests, while earning 4 stars in rollover - an excellent rating for a vehicle of this size. OVERALL IMPRESSIONS The Dodge Dakota is better than the foreign competition, and is definitely worth a look. It rides smoother than the Toyota Tacoma, and the interior is much more useful. The Dakota can also tow more. My son wants one, and I fully plan on getting him one (with side airbags). It is a solid truck that I would feel confident with him in. It handles well (feels like you're driving a car), does anything a mid-size truck should, and is overall a solid value.