2008 Dodge Dakota

Available in 24 styles:  2008 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Extended Cab 131.3" WB shown

Overall

2008 Dakota

by Indiana from Indiana | July 6, 2015

My dakota is a 2008 sport 4X4 with V8 & 3.92s. You can't go wrong with the dakota crew cab if you need a smaller yet capable work truck that can also haul the family. I went from the ram 1500 to this dakota and am very happy I did, it pulls my trailer just as easy and gets 4 more mpg. The dakota does handle well and is a lot easier to maneuver than the ram but ride quality is not as good and it really could use rear disc brakes. It is a lot easier to get in and out of and to load/unload things but I do miss having 4ft between bed fenders. The exterior is very sharp looking and imo the best looking dakota ever. The interior is comfortable but is lacking in useful storage space, the center console area is made of cheap plastic. There are things I miss about my big truck however the dakota is a great truck, it is easier to use all around and more economical.

Best truck for light to medium work

by Dakota King from Lawrenceburg,Tn | May 29, 2012

I have owned 8 dakotas!! Never had any major problems, just normal wear and tear. I still have a 98 with 268k and work out of it every day. The 08 is a Laramie with every toy dodge makes for those . This is like the best one ever. But it does have street tires on a 4x4 but my wife loves this better than all the vehicles we have had.

Best Truck Ever

by jb from Baltimore, MD | May 5, 2012

I just bought this truck and love it. I looked for a long time and found one with all the right stuff - 4 wheele drive, power, just great all around.

It's a good value for the money

by Pat from Martinsburg, WV | February 1, 2012

I have owned a 2008 TRX Dodge Dakota for about 18 months now. I like the way it drives and handles. The suspension is sprung a bit soft but not a big deal. Plenty of power, the extra large pop up camper I tow feels like nothing behind it. I like the styling cues and I get quite a few compliments on the truck. If you don't want to go full size then I believe this truck should be the next in line to review because I am enjoying the truck. Toyota was too small and the Nissan also didn't have the interior room. Ford Ranger is a good truck but it bounced the fillings out of my teeth. Give the Dodge a look, you won't be sorry you did.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

more truck for the money

by maverick from GREENWOOD,AR | May 6, 2011

THIS DAKOTA IS JUST THE TRUCK I WANTED AND I AM VER PLEASED. THIS IS THE FOURTH DODGE TRUCK I HAVE OWNED AND I WOULD SAY THE BEST TRUCK FOR THE MONEY. I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT.

MY DODGE DOKOTA

by texfarmerjim from HOUSTON, TEXAS | March 19, 2010

LOVE IT, LOVE IT AND MY WIFE WHO IS ONLY 4'11" CAN GET IN IT WITHOUT HELP. IT IS A LITTLE BUMPY ON BUMPY ROADS AND THE GAS MILAGE IS NOT THE GREATEST BUT THEN THIS IS A V8.

Love This Truck

by Dakota Dave from | March 7, 2009

Very very happy with this purchase. It is a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and feels very stable on the road. It is a very comfortable truck to ride in.

It is great and nice truck

by JC from Olathe KS | November 29, 2008

I was able to save some money so when it is time to sell it and I probably would get more than I spent for it (saved about $7000)

Pleasantly Surprised

by Westtexgeo from Houston | November 20, 2008

I've had my Dakota SLT for about 6 months and couldn't be more pleased. I considered the Tacoma and Frontier along with the Dakota and it came to getting the most truck for the least amount of money, and Dodge was certainly willing to deal. I gave them my list of specs and they were able to find an exact match and get the truck delivered in a few days. I was going to stay bottom line, but being used to some features in previous vehicles, I decided on the SLT extended cab and I haven't second guessed my decision. It handles well, has plenty of room, both inside (behind the seats and with multiple cubby holes and drink holders) and outside with a near full size bed. The truck came with a bed liner and Dodge's adjustable tie downs/utility rails which I've used many times. The SLT comes with a lot of nice features (check their website) and the 3.3 L V6 has ample power, even when towing a trailer. Mileage is pretty much as advertized, about 17-18 in the city and mid 20s on the highway. With the lifetime power train warranty it's one less thing to worry about. Absolutely no problems so far.

I don't need a full size truck all the time

by GAOLER from BELLEVILLE, ONT CANADA | November 16, 2008

For the last 3 Winters I've commuted 35 km each way to work leaving hjome at 0430 hrs. Most Winter mornings the roads are not plowed and it's hard to tell where the shoulders begin.This fall I had a chance to pick up a Dakota 4x4 withtthe crew cab that had been a short term lease. No longer do I slide all the way to work the drive in and out is as relaxing as on my bike in the summer. The interior is functional, simple and the gauges and instruments are easy to use and understand. for those of you that would like a fancier interior please remember it's not a yuppie SUV it's a working truck. I can carry coca bean mulch from the nursery, take garbage to the dump, haul the lawn mower to the shop, and this winter for the first time we'll head to the cottage in Quebec in the dead of winter to go cross country skiing.

Featured Services for this Dodge Dakota