2013 Dodge Dart

See Photos & Videos

Overall

worst 1st car ever

by upset buyer from St Louis | July 22, 2014

Bought it brand new barely any miles on it. Once it start getting more than 5,000 my air bag light came on. Find out that I had three recalls on it since december... never was I reminded that it had these when the recall was issued. And now my spedometer needle keeps getting stuck at 20. This car ran well when I first got it now it just seems like it keeps getting crappier.

2013 dodge dart

by Princess from iowa | July 17, 2014

I have had nothing but problems with this car and only have had it 10 months. Its always at the shop. First was the censors then spark plugs and now the fuel injection and only has 29k miles on it. The check engine lite is always coming on.

A Decent Sporty Car

by Richard from Sterling Heights, MI | July 8, 2014

I've owned my Dodge Dart for 11 months now and I'm very happy with it. I own a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT 2.0. I chose the automatic over the manual for several reasons. One being I'm not the best with a stick-shift, yet anyway. Second is that turbos on first year models tend to have issues and I wasn't willing to gamble with that. I took the tradeoff of higher MPGs for more reliability. I was surprised by how much I enjoy driving the Dart, it's really a breeze to drive around. I get the 25 MPG that it is rated at, but I never really got up to the 36 Highway, probably because I don't drive on the highway much. You can probably do better on the MPGs if you're a little more light on the foot, I tend to be a little more heavy wanting to hear the sound of the engine. The look is great, I clearly see the roots of Alfa Romeo being put into this vehicle. Some don't like European styling, I tend to see many car manufacturers are designing cars like those across the pond. The seating is more comfortable than some other sedans I've drove, such as the Cruze. The interior looks nice, it isn't perfect, but for the money you can't really insult it. Some plastics and fabrics don't line up perfectly, they practically come apart if you tug on them hard enough. The issues I've had so far are nothing too serious. The engine module I originally had was defective and stopped functioning completely after a couple months of owning the vehicle rendering the electronics useless. The second issue I've had was a tire, which hit a pothole. I don't remember hitting too many large ones, then again in Michigan you can't really avoid them. I give this car 5 stars for the money. You're not spending 30,000-50,000 on this car, for the class this car is in I give it the full rating. I'm enjoying my experience with the car and plan on keeping it for a long time.

Love That Car and Salesperson!

by Dad Buying Graduating Son a Dodge Dart! from Lawrenceville NJ | June 12, 2014

Jacqueline Stanton provided the most fantastic service and sales experience I have had for a "long time." Her tremendous knowledge of the industry, her Dodge product line and ability to engage during the sales process to explore customer needs and satisfy all levels of the buying experience was "outstanding!" She was a pleasure to work with as we discussed the type of vehicle that we wanted to purchase. Not only did she provide the most positive experience she was able to craft a marvelous deal with rebates and savings for a fully loaded vehicle that met our specific needs and all with an honesty and dedication to customer satisfaction! If you have a chance be sure to look her up! I am certain that you will be as pleased as I was! I am definitely sending everyone whom I know who is shopping for a quality new or used vehicle for a great price to Jacqueline Stanton at Route 1 Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Lawrenceville, New Jersey! Dr. Phil Orlando

BAD

by MATT from San Diego, CA | June 10, 2014

I got a 2013 Dodge Dart and once again it is the worst car ever it has shut off while i was getting on the freeway lucky i was able to get it to the side and later to the dealership after 2 days they told me nothing was wrong. a week goes by and the same thing happens i lose all power and i am forced to the side of the road. i get it to the dealership and they say it is my MAP sensor they replace it after 4 days (i wasn't given a rental car) and now 2 days ago as i was driving it back to San Diego i lose all power on the grade and i was forced to go 30 mph because the car wont go any faster!!!! THANKS A LOT RANCHO JEEP AND DODGE YOU HAVE REALLY HELPED ME OUT!!! IM COMING BACK SEE YOU SOON!!! THANKS A LOT FOR THE LEMON OF A CAR!!!

Traded this car in after 4 months

by Chris from Canada | June 1, 2014

Thank goodness I only paid $18k for this vehicle as it was the worst experience I have had with a new car yet. I have never owned a Chrysler product before and my dad when he was alive told me one thing over and over again.....never buy a Chrysler product. I should have listened to him. The road noise was was unbearable, the fuel economy was at best 36 MPG and I have a light foot. Zero to 60 was about 12 seconds....really slow for a so called sporty car. I traded it in for a Hyundai Elantra. Yes I probably blew about $5000 in this loss, but this car is not even in the same class as the Hyundai Elantra! Listen to me folks.....never buy a Chrysler product, absolute JUNK! I am shocked that Chrysler hasn't gone bankrupt yet with their pathetic products!

2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4 Liter

by Loyal Chrysler Customer from Virginia | May 31, 2014

I purchased this car in March and made several trips so far. I have not seen any issues that matter other than the UConnect operating system does not support the Blackberry 10 operating system so I cannot do the messaging on screen but all of the other functions such as voice controls work fine. I have gotten up to 42 MPG driving 55 MPH. I have read the reviews of some of the folks who had issues but the dealerships are a large part of their problem. They sell the car and tell the customer "Good Luck Sucker!" That is so wrong. I didn't have that experience nor did the majority of the owners here. I say if you have an issue contact the CEO at Chrysler if your dealership refuses to help you.

Unreliable and unimpressed.

by Brad - Family Car from Seattle, WA | May 29, 2014

We bought a SE (manual 6sp) new as we wanted to get a new car without spending over $20k. We also had transmission issues from day 1. We had a rattle at idle with the clutch depressed and were told it's normal. At 9k miles I was adamant they needed to check it as it had grown very loud. After inspection the dealer found there was transmission issues and needed replacement. We were without our family car for 4 days with no options. No sympathy from the dealership and only "Dodge doesn't offer Rental Cars". With this base model car I wasn't expecting a race car but this car offers no performance. In order to get it up to speed you have to take it to higher RPMs. At times I feel like the Fred Flintstone and want to get out and push. (This car is slower than my 1987 Toyota 4Runner.) Besides that the clutch on this vehicle is unbearable. I have driven various cars throughout my years and this clutch's friction point wanders. I've also driven other CVT vehicles and never experienced this. It's my wife's daily driver and she still isn't used to it. They are stylish cars but that's about all I'll give them. We are already looking at a different vehicle and will not give Daimler/Doge another shot.

Ruining my life

by seashell from Waterford, MI | May 17, 2014

Had to replace 5 tires in a 3 month period. Front end is too heavy for the 17" low profile tires. I have a list of about a dozen people I know that are going through the same thing. Chrysler people will not even respond to the complaints. I was told by a Director at Chrysler, "We build some good cars and we build some bad cars and, unfortunately, you got a bad one."

Nice ride!

by Roni from Oklahoma | May 8, 2014

Really, no complaints. I've had my 2013 Dart Rallye for a year and it has had no problems. Very comfortable and I love the interior. I also want to add I've had more head turns for this car than any other one I've ever owned.