2013 Dodge Dart

Available in 3 styles:  2013 Dodge Dart 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

25 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Great for the money but you get what you pay for

by Downisar from Bremerton, WA | February 25, 2015

I leased a 2013 SXT with the Turbo option. First off, I would like to say that the power is definitely not an issue. I love the feel of the duel stage clutch. It definitely makes driving a lot more interesting. The seats are extremely comfortable. After living in two different apartment complexes the car is dented pretty decently. I have never had a car dent so easily in my life! I haven't even had it two years and I have 4 really good door dents. I am not a careless driver, and I don't park just anywhere. I feel like its a magnet! I have always had heavy cars (98 mustang, 89 BMW 5 series) so it is just shocking to have a car that dents so easily! The other big problem I had was with the bluetooth. I went into the dealership many times to complain and they blamed my iPhone! After all the wheel controls started completely dying when I would have trouble with the bluetooth they decided to change out the thing that receives the bluetooth. I haven't had much problem since. As I said in the title, great car for the money, but you really do get what you pay for. Now, to get some paintless dent repair..

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye

by alexp123e from St. Paul, Minnesota | February 22, 2015

This car is amazing. Quite frankly for the price, it's easily one the best options for people looking to get a lot of car for the money. It handles well, looks great, feels great and gets great gas mileage. There's nothing I don't like so far about this car.

not convinced

by Portia from Trenton | February 22, 2015

After 8 months of driving this car, ee are not happy with the extremely low 1st gear - not ideal having to change gears in the middle of an intersection or going around a slipoery snowy turn from a full stop! Gas mileage is nowhere close to our previous 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer, nowhere close! In addition, we have had several hesitations from the engine. It will revv for no reason, run high but no piwer goi g to the drivetrain, blacking out the computer screen on the dash and restarting for no apparent reason. Finally yesterda, the check engine light as well as the ignition issue warning lights came on. NOW they can check, as the computer has registered what's wrong! Fine, but what do I drive to get to work now? Hopefully I get a loaner! It is also very "chasy" on winter roads. Same tires as the Mitsubishi but nowhere near the control on snow. Actually wish we hadn't changed!

Famously Dodge Dart

by J from Kapuskasing ontario | February 21, 2015

When buying this car we were told it would do close to 60 mile to the gallons after going back to the dealer and only getting on or about 30 to 32 miles to the gallon we were told the car wasent broken in yet. There is almost 55000km it is still getting the same. Now living in the north when the temp. Reaches in the -40 the engine light comes on the remote start won't work and blue toot stops working. Car has to go in for service. When asked the dealer what will happen when the warrenty is over I'm I gonna have to pay for this every time it get cold we were told the dodges arnt programmed for the -40 degrees that we have.

Best Mileage Vehicle I've Had

by John in Michigan from Brighton, Michigan | January 20, 2015

Aero 1.4 turbo model gets 40 mpg on a consistent basis, purchased new in March 2013, It now has 20K. The only problem I've had was a code relating to the grille louvers , and I disconnected the battery to clear the code and it hasn't come up since. This is the most practical and economical vehicle I've ever bought.

2013 Dodge Dart 1.4 Litter Turbo Aero Style

by jjscholar from Cocoa, Florida | December 6, 2014

So far so good. I love my Dart. While I have heard that people are having problems with the 1.4 Litter Turbo engine, so far my car's engine is performing quite well. It has the power I need when I need it. In fact the only problem I had was the simple fact that I had run over a small nail which I hate to say was just simple bad luck and nothing more... Also, the interior looks much better than some other cars that cost about $10,000 more. At least with the model I have to dashboard area has wonderful black trim and the 8.4 inch UCONNECT screen is far better in appearance than most other new cars that I have seen. The audio system is also pretty good for a factory installed system. I love the fact that I can connect my cell phone via 3.5 mm jack to my car's audio system. Furthermore, I have to admit that it handles very well. So well that in my opinion at times it almost seems that it can drive itself.

Great Vehicle

by Drivewell from Oregon | November 17, 2014

I've had my 2013 Dodge dart GT for a year and a half now and 15,000 mi. My overall experience with the car has been excellent. The dart has been trouble-free and I get compliments on the car often both from passengers and strangers. I have owned a couple different compact cars and this has been by far the best vehicle.

WARNING DO NOT BUY!!

by Jtier from Missouri | September 1, 2014

I bought a 2013 dodge dart rallye turbo charge 1.4 last October. I really loved the car at first. But that quickly changed this year. This car has been nothing but problems. 3 weeks ago my turbo charger went out, they replaced it only to have the part go bad ONLY A WEEK LATER. It is currently in the shop. My clutch pedal also sticks, I've had to get the slave cylinder, master cylinder, clutch, and flywheel replaced as well. I will never be buying a Chrysler product again. My car only has 34k miles on it. I understand this is a new make and model and there will be glitches but this car is nothing but a LEMON.

pros and cons review for my 13 dart areo 20ks in

by all you need 2 kno@dartforums from philadelphia | August 7, 2014

I first will start my review by letting you know I currently own two cars, my 2013 dodge dart areo and my ol' reliable 2005 mitshubishi Lancer evolution, which I do all regular maintenance myself, which will help a turbo dart owner very much since top of the line expensive parts are mandatory., ex spark plugs, unique viscosity fully synthetic oil, don't pay some mechanic for easy jobs. That being said I keep with my cars maintain in tip top shape and catalog EVERYTHING and have runned by several issues, factory faults and other concerns involving longevity of my dart for years to come. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY TURBOO DART, WITH ITS TINY YET POTENTIAL TURBO. For the past year almost I have never really gotten tired of driving the dart. So let's start the pros and cons: PRO: It's true! The dart is great in mpg, I drive 90% in center city philly bumper to bumper traffic. And stopping and going every block when there's no traffic. Mpg has ranged from 16.2-29.6 depending on how I drive. - handling for this car is perfect across the board, no matter terrain nor speed you have nothing to fear, your dart goes smoothly in the direction you want. - the entertainment system is a blessing, from u-connect, blue tooth, audio, etc, mostly everything can be controlled from the steering wheel. Make sure you get the whole package entertainment wise it's a must have. - overall the dart, specifically the areo 1.4 turbo, has everything you want. if comfort style entertainment aftermarket upgrades and high mpgs are what your looking for then look no further.. CONS: Sadly my research and personal exp. with my dart, I have noticed issues with that I GUESS must be due to the fact that dodge has reintroduced the dart in 2013, joined FIAT, to mass produce a car that has been built using an enlarged fiat compact platform, same as Alfa Romeo Giulietta is built and many other unique features. Basically I'm saying 2013 models are like the trial and error year so to say, dodge sells moderately tested car, consumer put cars threw all types of scenarios, consumers notice bug in system or defects, dodge fixes bugs/glitches/any problems for next year's release of 2014 dart. So yes there are risks when buying models just hitting the market. -list of issues in my dart: dome light unit falls when hitting big pot hole/bumps. Gas cap door had to be replaced bent outward. A lag when pressing gas pedal of about 1,2&3 seconds which get annoying. Turbo lag sometimes. Shifting from park to drive/reverse transmission would slip and engine reeves6,7rpms well after releasing pedal. Noticed about quart or so of oil just disappeared /burnt well before third oil change was needed. Screen would sometimes just freeze or turn off then restart. Finally AC this summer was not as cold as it shouldve been for a new car, my evo blew air 2x as cold seriously. Although I might have made the Dodge dart seem kinda unreliable and iffy at the end of the day I truly do love my dart in looks, audio system, turbo 1.4 multi air setup that has a great potential for modifications from air intakes to plug and play ecu tunes. most issue with your dart can be resolved by the dealership by being persistent. As of today I have only the lag at the pedal that's an issue. All other problems I had dealer update ecu to fix electronic related issues. I enjoy the darts performance and will soon be buying mods that will stop the lag in performance and jump hp to tire as well as torque to tires. Maybe, JUST MAYBE THE DART WILL BEAT MY LANCER EVO WITH THE RIGHT TUNEUPS & CARE!!! LOL The only way to know if the Dodge dart 2.0 2.4 or 1.4 turbo is for you is by simply test driving each one and remember there's no time limit when testing and purchasing a dodge dart lol. Goodluck

DONT BUY

by Never again from North Carolina | August 4, 2014

This car looks great and comes with fantastic features however you wont know cause it will be in the shop most of the time. Got my 2013 Dart Limited 1.4 turbo. Had the car almost 2 years now and it has been in the shop almost 20 times. 5 times for the cruise control, radio stopped working, door locks seized up locking me out of my car, honestly so many problems i cant even remember them all off the top of my head. As I write this the car is back at the dealership because the electrical is all messed up. Now that i am out of warrenty I just cant wait to get stuck with repair bills for my new car.