2013 Dodge Dart

25 city / 36 hwy

Overall

PLEASE! Do not buy one

by rosebud from bucks county, penna. | April 18, 2015

I bought a 2013 dodge dart sxt new, on june 13,2013. Within 4000 miles, I had bent struts, bent wheels and blown sidewalls on khumo tires. Mind you, I am 62 years old and my days of thrashing cars are over. Any bump I hit sounded like the front end was going to fall off. Dodge refused to cover it. Said it was road hazard. Everything seems to be road hazard to dealers anymore. Had to turn it in to my insurance. $1800. big ones. 3 months later it happened again. I finally dumped the car on march 24,2015 with 7800 miles on it. stick with subarus. you get what you pay for!!

I was dying to get ride of my dart

by Nelson from Bronx,ny | March 21, 2015

As someone who wasn't in the market for a car in 2013, but was force to go car shopping when my last cars engine died on me the Dodge Dart seemed like a good option, price and gas mileage wise. Which it was, I suppose. My biggest beef wit the car was comfort, the bucket seats didn't allow me to rest my back fully flat in the seat due to the angle of the head rest. I'm a 6 foot man and long trips, or traffic jams became difficult. The back seats were also very uncomfortable for passengers. Other then comfort issues my 1st year was pretty solid. After a year I had a few tecincal issues. Sunroof button would stop working, navi screen would go black for days at a time, battery died, climate control stopped working and stood stuck on high heat! I also had to replace the two front tries. 1 due to a bubble and the other one poped due to a bubble. I'm just traded in my dart for a 2025 chysler200s, hope I have better luck

Great car no complaints!

by Gleason from Fruitland, ID | March 19, 2015

I bought my 2013 Dart SXT 2.0 in July 2013 and have racked up 50K already. This is my commuter car, and I have no complaints. While the car looks like a sports car, it is not and should not be driven that way. I have had no problems of any kind with the Dart. It is definitely a warm weather car though. If the temperature is above 50 I can consistently get 38-39 mpg hwy, but if the temp drops below 32 I only get around 33-34 mpg hwy. Other than that I get the oil changed and tires rotated every 5K. Great little car for the money, but you have to drive it like it's a commuter and not a Challenger!

Great for the money but you get what you pay for

by Downisar from Bremerton, WA | February 25, 2015

I leased a 2013 SXT with the Turbo option. First off, I would like to say that the power is definitely not an issue. I love the feel of the duel stage clutch. It definitely makes driving a lot more interesting. The seats are extremely comfortable. After living in two different apartment complexes the car is dented pretty decently. I have never had a car dent so easily in my life! I haven't even had it two years and I have 4 really good door dents. I am not a careless driver, and I don't park just anywhere. I feel like its a magnet! I have always had heavy cars (98 mustang, 89 BMW 5 series) so it is just shocking to have a car that dents so easily! The other big problem I had was with the bluetooth. I went into the dealership many times to complain and they blamed my iPhone! After all the wheel controls started completely dying when I would have trouble with the bluetooth they decided to change out the thing that receives the bluetooth. I haven't had much problem since. As I said in the title, great car for the money, but you really do get what you pay for. Now, to get some paintless dent repair..

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye

by alexp123e from St. Paul, Minnesota | February 22, 2015

This car is amazing. Quite frankly for the price, it's easily one the best options for people looking to get a lot of car for the money. It handles well, looks great, feels great and gets great gas mileage. There's nothing I don't like so far about this car.

not convinced

by Portia from Trenton | February 22, 2015

After 8 months of driving this car, ee are not happy with the extremely low 1st gear - not ideal having to change gears in the middle of an intersection or going around a slipoery snowy turn from a full stop! Gas mileage is nowhere close to our previous 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer, nowhere close! In addition, we have had several hesitations from the engine. It will revv for no reason, run high but no piwer goi g to the drivetrain, blacking out the computer screen on the dash and restarting for no apparent reason. Finally yesterda, the check engine light as well as the ignition issue warning lights came on. NOW they can check, as the computer has registered what's wrong! Fine, but what do I drive to get to work now? Hopefully I get a loaner! It is also very "chasy" on winter roads. Same tires as the Mitsubishi but nowhere near the control on snow. Actually wish we hadn't changed!

Famously Dodge Dart

by J from Kapuskasing ontario | February 21, 2015

When buying this car we were told it would do close to 60 mile to the gallons after going back to the dealer and only getting on or about 30 to 32 miles to the gallon we were told the car wasent broken in yet. There is almost 55000km it is still getting the same. Now living in the north when the temp. Reaches in the -40 the engine light comes on the remote start won't work and blue toot stops working. Car has to go in for service. When asked the dealer what will happen when the warrenty is over I'm I gonna have to pay for this every time it get cold we were told the dodges arnt programmed for the -40 degrees that we have.

Best Mileage Vehicle I've Had

by John in Michigan from Brighton, Michigan | January 20, 2015

Aero 1.4 turbo model gets 40 mpg on a consistent basis, purchased new in March 2013, It now has 20K. The only problem I've had was a code relating to the grille louvers , and I disconnected the battery to clear the code and it hasn't come up since. This is the most practical and economical vehicle I've ever bought.

2013 Dodge Dart 1.4 Litter Turbo Aero Style

by jjscholar from Cocoa, Florida | December 6, 2014

So far so good. I love my Dart. While I have heard that people are having problems with the 1.4 Litter Turbo engine, so far my car's engine is performing quite well. It has the power I need when I need it. In fact the only problem I had was the simple fact that I had run over a small nail which I hate to say was just simple bad luck and nothing more... Also, the interior looks much better than some other cars that cost about $10,000 more. At least with the model I have to dashboard area has wonderful black trim and the 8.4 inch UCONNECT screen is far better in appearance than most other new cars that I have seen. The audio system is also pretty good for a factory installed system. I love the fact that I can connect my cell phone via 3.5 mm jack to my car's audio system. Furthermore, I have to admit that it handles very well. So well that in my opinion at times it almost seems that it can drive itself.

Great Vehicle

by Drivewell from Oregon | November 17, 2014

I've had my 2013 Dodge dart GT for a year and a half now and 15,000 mi. My overall experience with the car has been excellent. The dart has been trouble-free and I get compliments on the car often both from passengers and strangers. I have owned a couple different compact cars and this has been by far the best vehicle.