2013 Dodge Dart

25 city / 36 hwy

Overall

2013 Dodge Dart 1.4 Litter Turbo Aero Style

by jjscholar from Cocoa, Florida | December 6, 2014

So far so good. I love my Dart. While I have heard that people are having problems with the 1.4 Litter Turbo engine, so far my car's engine is performing quite well. It has the power I need when I need it. In fact the only problem I had was the simple fact that I had run over a small nail which I hate to say was just simple bad luck and nothing more... Also, the interior looks much better than some other cars that cost about $10,000 more. At least with the model I have to dashboard area has wonderful black trim and the 8.4 inch UCONNECT screen is far better in appearance than most other new cars that I have seen. The audio system is also pretty good for a factory installed system. I love the fact that I can connect my cell phone via 3.5 mm jack to my car's audio system. Furthermore, I have to admit that it handles very well. So well that in my opinion at times it almost seems that it can drive itself.

Great Vehicle

by Drivewell from Oregon | November 17, 2014

I've had my 2013 Dodge dart GT for a year and a half now and 15,000 mi. My overall experience with the car has been excellent. The dart has been trouble-free and I get compliments on the car often both from passengers and strangers. I have owned a couple different compact cars and this has been by far the best vehicle.

WARNING DO NOT BUY!!

by Jtier from Missouri | September 1, 2014

I bought a 2013 dodge dart rallye turbo charge 1.4 last October. I really loved the car at first. But that quickly changed this year. This car has been nothing but problems. 3 weeks ago my turbo charger went out, they replaced it only to have the part go bad ONLY A WEEK LATER. It is currently in the shop. My clutch pedal also sticks, I've had to get the slave cylinder, master cylinder, clutch, and flywheel replaced as well. I will never be buying a Chrysler product again. My car only has 34k miles on it. I understand this is a new make and model and there will be glitches but this car is nothing but a LEMON.

pros and cons review for my 13 dart areo 20ks in

by all you need 2 kno@dartforums from philadelphia | August 7, 2014

I first will start my review by letting you know I currently own two cars, my 2013 dodge dart areo and my ol' reliable 2005 mitshubishi Lancer evolution, which I do all regular maintenance myself, which will help a turbo dart owner very much since top of the line expensive parts are mandatory., ex spark plugs, unique viscosity fully synthetic oil, don't pay some mechanic for easy jobs. That being said I keep with my cars maintain in tip top shape and catalog EVERYTHING and have runned by several issues, factory faults and other concerns involving longevity of my dart for years to come. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY TURBOO DART, WITH ITS TINY YET POTENTIAL TURBO. For the past year almost I have never really gotten tired of driving the dart. So let's start the pros and cons: PRO: It's true! The dart is great in mpg, I drive 90% in center city philly bumper to bumper traffic. And stopping and going every block when there's no traffic. Mpg has ranged from 16.2-29.6 depending on how I drive. - handling for this car is perfect across the board, no matter terrain nor speed you have nothing to fear, your dart goes smoothly in the direction you want. - the entertainment system is a blessing, from u-connect, blue tooth, audio, etc, mostly everything can be controlled from the steering wheel. Make sure you get the whole package entertainment wise it's a must have. - overall the dart, specifically the areo 1.4 turbo, has everything you want. if comfort style entertainment aftermarket upgrades and high mpgs are what your looking for then look no further.. CONS: Sadly my research and personal exp. with my dart, I have noticed issues with that I GUESS must be due to the fact that dodge has reintroduced the dart in 2013, joined FIAT, to mass produce a car that has been built using an enlarged fiat compact platform, same as Alfa Romeo Giulietta is built and many other unique features. Basically I'm saying 2013 models are like the trial and error year so to say, dodge sells moderately tested car, consumer put cars threw all types of scenarios, consumers notice bug in system or defects, dodge fixes bugs/glitches/any problems for next year's release of 2014 dart. So yes there are risks when buying models just hitting the market. -list of issues in my dart: dome light unit falls when hitting big pot hole/bumps. Gas cap door had to be replaced bent outward. A lag when pressing gas pedal of about 1,2&3 seconds which get annoying. Turbo lag sometimes. Shifting from park to drive/reverse transmission would slip and engine reeves6,7rpms well after releasing pedal. Noticed about quart or so of oil just disappeared /burnt well before third oil change was needed. Screen would sometimes just freeze or turn off then restart. Finally AC this summer was not as cold as it shouldve been for a new car, my evo blew air 2x as cold seriously. Although I might have made the Dodge dart seem kinda unreliable and iffy at the end of the day I truly do love my dart in looks, audio system, turbo 1.4 multi air setup that has a great potential for modifications from air intakes to plug and play ecu tunes. most issue with your dart can be resolved by the dealership by being persistent. As of today I have only the lag at the pedal that's an issue. All other problems I had dealer update ecu to fix electronic related issues. I enjoy the darts performance and will soon be buying mods that will stop the lag in performance and jump hp to tire as well as torque to tires. Maybe, JUST MAYBE THE DART WILL BEAT MY LANCER EVO WITH THE RIGHT TUNEUPS & CARE!!! LOL The only way to know if the Dodge dart 2.0 2.4 or 1.4 turbo is for you is by simply test driving each one and remember there's no time limit when testing and purchasing a dodge dart lol. Goodluck

DONT BUY

by Never again from North Carolina | August 4, 2014

This car looks great and comes with fantastic features however you wont know cause it will be in the shop most of the time. Got my 2013 Dart Limited 1.4 turbo. Had the car almost 2 years now and it has been in the shop almost 20 times. 5 times for the cruise control, radio stopped working, door locks seized up locking me out of my car, honestly so many problems i cant even remember them all off the top of my head. As I write this the car is back at the dealership because the electrical is all messed up. Now that i am out of warrenty I just cant wait to get stuck with repair bills for my new car.

Should have kept my old car!

by New Dart Owner from | July 30, 2014

Bought a new 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, DDCT with 1.4L Turbo (had 127 miles at purchase). This car is worse than any used vehicle I have ever purchased. About 6 weeks (1000 miles) after purchase I had 3 different rattles appear, took to shop (dealership) kept for 2 days- they did fix it for now. Week 7- took out of town- about 30 miles in to trip I stopped, shut off car, restarted 3-5 mins. later- awful burnt smell starts coming in the car via a/c. Week 7 1/2- Tire that dealership replaced lost 8 lbs of pressure overnight- warning lights and beeps going off. Week 8- (1800 miles) drove car to work- about 8 mins. - stopped at store- shut off car, tried to restart- took 3 times to get it started. While the mechanical and structural issues are numerous in my car, I do have to say that the interior is very comfortable and the mileage is great- I get 40+ on the highway and about 29 in town.

worst 1st car ever

by upset buyer from St Louis | July 22, 2014

Bought it brand new barely any miles on it. Once it start getting more than 5,000 my air bag light came on. Find out that I had three recalls on it since december... never was I reminded that it had these when the recall was issued. And now my spedometer needle keeps getting stuck at 20. This car ran well when I first got it now it just seems like it keeps getting crappier.

2013 dodge dart

by Princess from iowa | July 17, 2014

I have had nothing but problems with this car and only have had it 10 months. Its always at the shop. First was the censors then spark plugs and now the fuel injection and only has 29k miles on it. The check engine lite is always coming on.

A Decent Sporty Car

by Richard from Sterling Heights, MI | July 8, 2014

I've owned my Dodge Dart for 11 months now and I'm very happy with it. I own a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT 2.0. I chose the automatic over the manual for several reasons. One being I'm not the best with a stick-shift, yet anyway. Second is that turbos on first year models tend to have issues and I wasn't willing to gamble with that. I took the tradeoff of higher MPGs for more reliability. I was surprised by how much I enjoy driving the Dart, it's really a breeze to drive around. I get the 25 MPG that it is rated at, but I never really got up to the 36 Highway, probably because I don't drive on the highway much. You can probably do better on the MPGs if you're a little more light on the foot, I tend to be a little more heavy wanting to hear the sound of the engine. The look is great, I clearly see the roots of Alfa Romeo being put into this vehicle. Some don't like European styling, I tend to see many car manufacturers are designing cars like those across the pond. The seating is more comfortable than some other sedans I've drove, such as the Cruze. The interior looks nice, it isn't perfect, but for the money you can't really insult it. Some plastics and fabrics don't line up perfectly, they practically come apart if you tug on them hard enough. The issues I've had so far are nothing too serious. The engine module I originally had was defective and stopped functioning completely after a couple months of owning the vehicle rendering the electronics useless. The second issue I've had was a tire, which hit a pothole. I don't remember hitting too many large ones, then again in Michigan you can't really avoid them. I give this car 5 stars for the money. You're not spending 30,000-50,000 on this car, for the class this car is in I give it the full rating. I'm enjoying my experience with the car and plan on keeping it for a long time.

Love That Car and Salesperson!

by Dad Buying Graduating Son a Dodge Dart! from Lawrenceville NJ | June 12, 2014

Jacqueline Stanton provided the most fantastic service and sales experience I have had for a "long time." Her tremendous knowledge of the industry, her Dodge product line and ability to engage during the sales process to explore customer needs and satisfy all levels of the buying experience was "outstanding!" She was a pleasure to work with as we discussed the type of vehicle that we wanted to purchase. Not only did she provide the most positive experience she was able to craft a marvelous deal with rebates and savings for a fully loaded vehicle that met our specific needs and all with an honesty and dedication to customer satisfaction! If you have a chance be sure to look her up! I am certain that you will be as pleased as I was! I am definitely sending everyone whom I know who is shopping for a quality new or used vehicle for a great price to Jacqueline Stanton at Route 1 Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Lawrenceville, New Jersey! Dr. Phil Orlando