2014 Dodge Dart

Available in 5 styles:  shown

Overall

My review after buying a 2014 in 2013 (27,000 mile

by DartGuy from Centreville, VA | May 4, 2016

Positives: technology-back up camera-sound system-U connect- heated seats and heated steering wheel-safety-remote start-looks cool-value for the money is there if you never plan to sell it-beaten a newer v6 camaro in it once. Love the interior and exterior looks. Negatives: car is worth about 12-14k now (horrible) for what a max out Dart has in it. Some cars don't even have the same stuff and are worth more. Engine noise gets louder while idling then calms down. Electrical power drains on car when windows are moved at once. Trans feels like it pulls and then lets go at higher rpms. Why would they make a Dart with such low horsepower? Not even AWD or RWD . Who comes up with this stuff.. shame on you. 23mpg not that I care but.. Chrysler still doesn't have the parts to fix the break recall issue. Wearing down my breaks faster. Some days I love my car and others I think its horrible. Overall the car is okay. I bought mine on a whim \spur of the moment. Thinking I made a big mistake. Go buy a Camaro or Mustang, WRX, Golf R, FRS,BRZ, v8charger or challenger instead with an extra 3-7k. Save yourself from trouble.

2014 Dart GT

by Augi from Syracuse, NY | March 28, 2016

My Fiance needed a new car because her old Saturn died on her finally back in August 2015, so at this time we need to get her a new car. We decided that getting a Dodge Dart would be nice because we enjoyed our Dodge Charger a lot and enjoyed the Features our charger had. We didn't want to get a expensive car due to other expenses so thats why we got the Dart. Our Dart was used only had about 5000 miles on it and was a good deal for being fully loaded. We love the heated seats and steering wheel in the cold climate up here in NY so that was a must for my fiance along with the remote start. Our dart comes with nav and sunroof which my fiance loves also. We have only had a few minor issues with the car the first being the windshield wiper fluid stop working one day and the racetrack tail lights LED's died only in 7 months of owning the car. We had them both replaced under the Dodge warranty which covers a lot of parts for if this happens. Other then those two issues the car has been great and I would recommend for someone to get if they don't want to spend a lot to get a lot of features. I personally got Dart GT for myself after getting on for my fiance because the Charger is stored during winters and the Dart is just loaded with so much for the price. Just remember to always check the car history if you can so you know it could be a problem car. Also I would recommend getting the Dart SXT trim and up only because the SE trim is very cheap. Lastly get the 2.4L engine it is the best of the 3 engines eats more gas but has the best performance.

Cool car but not good

by Agcool Car expert from Minnesota | March 21, 2016

The Dodge Dart is a good looking car but it has its issues. Lets start with proformance the bace engine is a 2 liter non turbo witch has poor proformance, so you might see the turbo and think that it would be better. That would be the wrong answer because it would probably be the 1.4 liter turbo, which in my opinion is worse then the 2 liter. So i suggest you go for the 2.4liter turbo which is only available on the SXT or Limited for extra but standard on the GT. My next complaint is don't get the sunroof if you're 5"8 because your head will hit the roof. My final complaint is the CD player being in the all ready small center council. On the other side of things it is based off an Alfa Romeo so it has a very good ride. To finish it off it's well equipped, has clever storage solutions, and good looks.

Issues in the 13 models

by Kinne1 from Hastings ny | November 10, 2015

There are several electrical issues in the first year Models... Lemoned my 13 and collateral swapped for a 14. Have had minimal issues with the 14.. Such as radio u connect shut down and sunroof malfunctions. Car is loaded but they should revamp the engines to a 6 cyl due to weight of car. Could use a sportier version... I have the gt and I had to add spoiler and other items to give it the gt look. Resale/ trade values are terrible! A $24k vehicle now only worth about $14k... Chrysler needs to start paying attention to their work and take care of the issues faster. I'll never buy a new model year car From them... Have to wait till the following year for them to get things right. Should also offer nice incentives to the people that stay true to them... They are losing out on loyalty fast.

Dodge Dart

by Black Car Enthusiast from Gorham, ME | November 2, 2015

I bought my dart of Lee Dodge in June 2014! My car buying experience was the best yet! Drew Hutton the salesmen over there got me exactly what I was looking for and went above and beyond for me! I would recommend Lee Dodge to anyone looking to purchase a car!

Engine Problems

by Dirk from Atlanta, GA | May 28, 2015

The cold air intake is very close to the road. Be careful not to drive through ANY water. With the air intake at the bumper level it will suck-up water from the road in heavy rain and ruin the engine. Dodge will not replace it nor will the insurance replace it with a new engine which result in you losing some of your warranties. So be CAREFUL

2014 dart limited

by up in British Columbia from Britich Columbia, Canada | March 24, 2015

We have had the car for 7 months. It has been an ongoing problem that the trunk latch opens by itself for no reason. Had the latch replaced under warranty about a month ago. This morning it opened 3 times by itself while I was in or outside the car.

Best Bang for ur Buck and fun to drive!

by dodgy from Dublin, Georgia | March 5, 2015

I bought my Dodge Dart Limited one year ago. Since I have had it I haven't had the first issue. Great gas mileage, great technology and user-friendly. I have gotten up to 42 miles to the gallon, of course you have to drive according to the speed limit to get the best mpg. I wanted all the bells and whistles and a good solid car without having to break the bank. Well this car doesn't disappoint. Remote start power seats dual climate control, 8.4 touch screen display with heated seats and steering wheel, steering wheel controls for everything almost (Wich is a great safety feature), Bluetooth, accent lighting all through the car for night. And alot more!!!!! The only thing I regret is not waiting for the 2014 model so I could have the 2.4 tigershark engine instead of the 2.0 tigershark that was only available for the 2013 model. I am a Sales consultant at a dealership that sells New and Used cars. I highly recommend this product!

DID U GET THE MEMO?

by JB from Antioch, California | February 14, 2015

New 2014 (Limited). A real 'Dream Car', BUT: All satisfaction surveys need to be delayed for at least 90 days! By then, it's true colors may surface: No 'weekend Warranty Mechanics'...so: plan on missing many days from the job for the following: Sun Roof malfunction; Check Engine light (possible defective PCM Power Control Module...as per Dodge Memo)...estimated number of returns to Service Department (Every other weekend...like clock-work)! Going to the Drive-In for a movie?...Powers-Down every 20-30 minutes, and head lights flash others & movie screen with each re-activation of Accessories....not adjustable!!!!!....oops, I ran out of space! GOT THE GIST?

2014 Dart Limited with technology group

by awsviking from florida | January 24, 2015

I love how well this car handles. The cabin is very quiet the ride is comfortable. It doesn't feel cheap yet its not expensive. I like the auto on and dimming lights. I like the duel climate controls.