1998 Dodge Durango

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Excellent

by NCOR Durango from Thomasville, NC | June 13, 2014

I have owned 2 1998 Dodge Durango SLT's with the 5.9 liter engine. I loved both of these beautiful SUVs. For the fuel mileage I get awesome gas mileage as long as you keep it tuned and taken care of it will take care of you. Performance wise I installed a k&n typhoon intake on the 5.9 it only took 30 minutes to install and I get increased horsepower/Torque/and fuel mileage. Overall I am very happy with my choice one purchasing a 1998 Dodge Durango SLT

good large suv

by raytown tow from KC MO. | May 31, 2011

have had this suv for 7 years and it has never left me stranded.. I have towed and hauled people as well as towed people out of ditches and it still keeps running well. The only problem with a large suv is the gas mileage 13 city 18 hiway.

it's reliable

by rea from DC | May 1, 2011

I own one it's a nice vehicle to have and it wont let you down on the side of the road as others has stated. I would buy one again in a heart beat.

best suv ever

by mopar from | March 22, 2011

excellent handling,you can feel the power when you drive,low maintenance,comfortable....1 of dodge best

Awesome car

by Make mine a 4x4 from Lindsay, CA | February 22, 2011

This has to have been the best car I have owned. It was a 4x4 and just could never get it stuck!! It has electric windows, power locks, cruise, 3-rd row seating, grey/cloth interior, back/ceiling air, loads of room for everyone and everything. This one also has a rack on top. I needed to tow, so had a good tow hitch put on with electrical for lights. For getting out and about, this was the best!!

by valentino

by nice truck from ny | January 1, 2010

this is a very good car for the money and it is great at the beach and off road use and it is only 3000 to 4500 dollars this was the best truck i ever had

Uses car for Off-roading

Absolutely Horrible!

by Disappointed Durango from Maryland | August 3, 2009

Purchased my Durango in 2001 and sold it in 2007. replaced the heater core, serviced the ac 2x, replaced the computer, it ate through brakes, constantly had to get new tie rods, ball joints. Thus the tires had uneven wear and needed to be replaced constantly. Ultimately, the trans was the straw that broke the camel's back. This Durango was such a love/hate relationship. Beautiful body style, excellent for long trips and moving, and a beast when it came to hauling. V8 engine is no slouch. But the constant repairs and shoddy craftsmanship won out in the end. My experience was so bad that I dont think I will ever buy Dodge again. Hope their cars are better than their trucks.

First dodge i bought

by first dodge from canton, oh | February 18, 2008

I purchased my 98 durango used (137,000 miles). I now have 169,000 on it and had some normal expected repairs on it. Replacing the rear shocks now, which i cant complain because we have used off road and for towing. The only major down fall I am having is the transmission just starting slipping. it slips when i first take off (doesnt wanna go into second gear) but after it warms up it shifts fine. Aside from the crazy gas i have to put in it I can say i honestly love my durango. Definitly when i get rid of it will get another durango or ram! LOVE DODGE!

NLHJacob from PA

by NLHJ from PA | July 30, 2006

I bought the Durango to be safe, and my kids and I are safe. The Durango drives beautifully, very comfortable, very high up and the 4 wheel drive can handle anything! The other person who reviewed this truck said "good on gas"...NO, it is not. Very poor actually. 25 gal. tank...$3.07 per gallon...I got 244 miles on a full tank...that is NOT good. 12-13 city miles per gallon. An 8 cyl. vehicle is a lot of weight...therefore uses a lot of gas. I love my Durango, feel great driving it, but trading it in for a 21 city mile per gallon mini van. Would I recommend it, yes I would...if you can handle the gas! Great truck...will miss it!

Owner

by La Ronda Murphy from California | May 18, 2006

I like the Dugango's body shape and the inside interior is nice but under the hood it's a different story. The Durango's life on a tranmission isn't long 4-5 years top and the steering isn't good at all. Sometimes I feel like the wheels are going to fall off if I hit a bump to hard. It's good on gas and it makes a lot of nose. I would never recommend a Durango to none of my family & friends

Featured Services for this Dodge Durango