1999 Dodge Durango

$25–$8,085

Overall

Never buy a dodge again

by dede from nj | May 17, 2014

this suv is the right size but the oil pump is not the right one for the size engine and would not dodge will not recall and fix the issue every thing in this suv has been fixed from engine to heater and air. and if rains will not start. DODGE WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR SUV

Big Family Mountain Powered Beast

by raw24 from Akron Ohio | September 17, 2012

Took this truck on many trips with up to 8 people through mountains and flat lands across America. My 1999 Durango SLT has 129k miles and still going strong. The computers in these give many people problems due to heat issues. I recently replaced the original at 128k miles. The hood scoops in many I believe help to solve this problem through improved air flow in the engine compartment. If your throwing crazy engine codes this could be your problem. I been keeping maintenance up and this baby drives great and sounds awesome with lots of power. The leather seats are very comfortable and premium sounds system is great. Lots of room with third row seating. Only negative I would say is that the steering is controlled through a gear box instead of the newer rack and pinion design. One side of the gears are starting to wear on mine and giving it a bit more play than I would like but not bad after 130k miles. Overall I would rate this as one of my favorites all time SUV's.

im kind of biased. i like dodges.

by pleased from spencer, tn | June 4, 2012

I owned a Dodge Durango many years ago and I am just as pleased with this one as i was with that one. They are the same years just different motors. I will check this website again when in the market to buy another vehicle. Thank you cars.com. Sincerely, Pleased

Gift for dad

by Ford Man from | May 2, 2012

A great SUV. I bought it from my father after he got it from the scrap yard after some idiot junked it instead of just fixing it.

Great SUV!!!!!!!!

by mother_of_three from | August 26, 2011

I went from a 2000 Honda Accord LX, which I loved to death, to a 1999 Dodge Durango SLT. I unfortunately totaled my Accord and I was devastated. I wasn't looking into an SUV after the accident, I was originally looking for a Volvo XC70. When I had finally found one that I loved I went to the dealer to buy it. I'm VERY glad that they had sold it the day before and that they had directed me toward the Durango. I bought my Durango in July of '05 and have loved it ever since. My husband loved it so much he went out and bought his own this year (also a '99 SLT)!!!! Sadly the expenses of all of the work that it needs is too much for me. My Durango Has given me a great 6 years and I don't think I'll ever go back to a sedan.

Original Durangos are still Great

by Yehafs from OC, CA | April 15, 2011

I have two Durangos and they are both still real work horses. Both have nearly 200K miles and just keep running. The R/T gets poor gas mileage but it tows well.

most reliable vechile

by todd from racine,wi | February 4, 2011

this vechile i bought used but made it even nicer upgradeing everything its so reliable and works great

Hardest vehicles to sell on my lots

by Auto Hunter from San Antonio | November 29, 2010

This SUV is a low grade production of Dodge. There are numerous problems that come attached to this vehicle from mechanical to electrical. I avoid buying this vehicle and have purchased only 2 in the past 8 years that were in exceptionl condition and had less than 100K and still sold for less than 4000. At 164K this SUV has about reached its' lifetime. Do not be fooled by off focus picture with glare from the sun and foo foo rims that you can buy at a flea market for 400.

Great Vehicle

by Doug from Copperas Cove, TX | February 20, 2010

Bought used 7 months ago and haven't regretted it at all. Had 142K miles on it at the time. Since then I had to replace the water pump due to bearings going out, but that's the only problem. The vehicle was obviously well maintained by the original owner. The 5.2l engine provides good power. Changed to a K&N air cleaner and it boosted the hp. Gets poor gas mileage, but you can increase it some by being careful starting - keep it under 2500 rpm while accelerating. Very roomy and comfortable.

Totally satisfied

by Dodgeman from Kansas City, MO | January 15, 2010

I bought this brand new in 1999 & have put over 115K on it. I had only needed to do standard maintenance until this year when I had to replace the freeze plugs. Its not the best on gas but it has hauled everything / everyone I've needed it to. It has held up better than most Chevy & Ford SUVs. I intend to drive it until the wheels fall off!!

Featured Services for this Dodge Durango