2001 Dodge Durango

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Sacrifice MPG for Safety

by Team Pit-a-Full from Denver, CO | September 11, 2013

I owned a 2001 Dodge Durango for about a year. In that time, the vehicle tackled snow with ease, climbed the Rocky Mountains here in Colorado, and saved me from a triple head-on collision with a concrete center divider when I hydroplaned in a rain storm. Though the vehicle's front end was 110% totaled, the cab and its contents with untouched. Ive just purchased a new(er) Dodge Durango and know I will get the same results should tragedy strike again.

4x4 and more

by Ms Rozenut from Norwalk, CT | October 25, 2011

Excellent service!! I am very pleased with my purchase!! Customer Service helped with my credit and even got me a very low rate for my payments each month, to fit in my budget!

Great vehicle...if you find a good one.

by Love my Durango but... from Illinois | March 10, 2011

1998-2000 Durangos/Dakotas had major problems...engine sludge, faulty transmissions, terrible ball joints, steering shaft issues... I've owned my 2001 Durango Sport for 2 years and have only had the issue of the intermediate steering shaft going bad. I regularly change all of the fluids...yea, that's cost me some money but the truck has been more than worth it. So why do I not recommend this vehicle to a friend...poor gas mileage and the possibility of buying a Durango and dealing with the above listed issues. Dodge never lived up to taking care of the issues that were noted by thousands of owners and therefore have lost a lot of buyers. My truck has been great but I also did a lot of searching and I've maintained the vehicle as I do with all of my vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I love my SUV and it has been great to me BUT with all of the noted failures with the 4.7 and 5.9 motors that were put in the Durangos and Dakotas, I wouldn't want anyone taking a chance on this vehicle.

'01 Durango

by Dodge Fan from Dowling, MI | January 30, 2010

I have put a lot of hard miles on my Durango, and it stood up to the test. Plenty of power from the 4.7 V8. Plenty of room for my family. Great little truck.

Very durable, excellent snow vehicle!

by Durangogogirl from Kennewick, WA | January 12, 2010

I lived in Northern Idaho where 6' of snow is the norm in the winter. My durango powered through it like it was nothing, excellent handling and performance, even though its now 9 years old, any problems I've had with it have been very inexpensive and easy to fix. The third row seat is a dream come true for the busy mom on the go! I highly recommend the 2001 Dodge Durango SLT to anyone! I would definetly buy a Durango again!

best car i've owned

by lonnie from cuyahoga falls ,oh | November 19, 2009

I bought the car with 100,000 miles on it . I had to replace the transfer case control module and the crank triger .I drive it like a rental and have few problems .It does eat the gas though .

Not very reliable

by Timithye from Maine | April 25, 2009

Bought this for my wife used, 5 years ago. Very poor gas mileage, had mechanical troubles almost from the start, nothing very easy or inexpensive to fix. The biggest that come to mind are both rear leaf springs (within 18 months of owning) had to replace a steering knuckle in the column, front driveshaft failed, water pump and air conditioner compressor failed and the latest is a check engine 1740 code for transmission troubles. The best part of the vehicle is the comfortable ride and all the bells and whistles, but they do not make up for the issues we have experienced.

KING ON ROAD

by THE SUV KING from Dallas TX | March 22, 2009

This is a Great SUV . Drive to feel it . Major design advantege is it is east to work on . Everything can be chaged fairly easily. Looks great like a HUMMER . Runs like a Toyota Its a Buy

Ram Happy

by DerrickC from Toronto, Canada | February 24, 2009

First Dodge I've owned and have been very happy ever since I bought it. Would definately consider buying another.

Uses car for Towing

Great Vehicle

by Durango enthusiest from Fort Worth, TX | July 27, 2008

Can carry almost anything in the Durango from 6 adults very comfortably to bikes, and anything else you can think of in the back. Sometimes use this verses the truck to carry things.

Featured Services for this Dodge Durango