2003 Dodge Durango

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Another great Durango

by Suv Fan from Salem, Ohio | November 4, 2013

We own a 98 Durango and were in need of a second vehicle and because the 98 is so dependable we decided to look for another one. We found an 03 which has been just as dependable as the 98.

Loved my 2003

by jim bob from milwaukee | August 22, 2013

I have looked at this truck,there is no record of if but this truck as accident damage and was repaired.....I had a 2003 and loved it..Took a beating and kept running,until I t-boned a delivery truck that ran a red light.messed up the truck pretty bad,but no one was hurt

nice so far

by flyfisher from Brevard, NC | March 26, 2013

Didn't know any thing about this car or anyone that had owned one. Bought it on faith alone. So far, so good. The styling is good and rides very nice. It was a one owner and they seemed to have taken good care of it. It only had 87000 on it...not bad for that yr car. Not the best gas milage, but I knew that going in. I needed something easier to get in and out of...so you make choices. Overall I am very pleased with it and my wife loves it.

LOOKS GOOD DRIVES GREAT 4X4 SO FAR DEPENDABLE

by THE BIG SAL from PARMA OHIO | December 18, 2012

BOUGHT 2003 DURANGO USED 97'000 MILES HAD A FEW PROBLEMS AT FIRST TO PASS E-CHECK LOVE THE WAY THE FRONT GRILL IS DONE SAME AS MY RUMBLE BEE CAR LOOKS GREAT OUTSIDE COULD HAVE HAD MORE DONE TOINTERIOR GAGES ECT. BUT OVERALL I AM PLEASED WITH IT GOOD USED CAR FOR THE MONEY WAS ONE OWNER AND THEAY TOOK CARE OF IT

Absolutely Solid SUV

by Provisio from Sacramento, CA | February 22, 2012

I think this is the best body style of the Dodge Durango's thus far. Plus the 2003 was the last model before they changed it. The benefit of that? All the recalls, mistakes, kinks and mishaps had been worked out by the time they made the 2003. And because of that, it's one of the most consistent and reliable cars I've ever owned. Just a solid SUV.

Gass Guzzler

by Mother of 2 from Phoenix,AZ | September 9, 2011

I bought my Durango brand new with only 50 miles on it in 2003. It has been pretty reliable for the most part. I I have already had two window motors replaced and two are broken now and I have them rigged to stay up. The a/c doesn't blow out good. There is no rear a/c in mine. I have had issues with it feeling like its going to stall when I stop at a light. Some times it feels like it isn't kicking into gear, it makes this loud engine roaring sound and has no power until it stops making the sound. The Dodge dealer said nothing is wrong with it,but other cars don't do this.

Sweetest truck Ive ever owned

by Pappas from Albany Ny | May 4, 2011

Nicest suv out even the new durango's are no match that why you always see these things with 130kmi cause people love em... 2005's and up people are gettin rid of them left and right. They just dont make em like they used to. Love My 03 Durango ride real nice great for snow big and heavy but gets going when you need it, and they look sweet .

2003 DODGE DURANGO SLT PLUS

by PA RAM FAN from LANCASTER, PA | June 5, 2010

I HAVE OWNED MANY SUVS OVER THE YEARS, BUT THE 2003 DODGE DURANGO PLUS IS BY FAR THE BEST,RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, 3RD ROW AND LEATHER ARE OPTIONS I WOULD NOT DO WITHOUT, OVERALL GREAT VEHICLE IN EVERY WAY.

Biggest waste ever!!!!

by mtbiker from PA | May 10, 2010

I bought my D lightly used w/ about 40k miles three years ago. In that time, it has nickel and dimed me to death. Transmission issues, ball joints, tie rods, idle issues, fuel delivery issues. I now have 70k on it and traded it for a Tacoma w/ 149k. I know that the Tacoma will treat me right! The D was never comfortable on long trips and was very noisy. It needed frequent tire rotations and alignments. Mileage was horrible, around 11mpg for a small V8 (4.7) blows. The exterior styling looks rugged, but buyer beware!

Love my little gas guzzler

by Durango Kid from Smithville, Mo. | February 25, 2010

I bought my 2003 Durango R/T as it was the last year for that body style. I don't like the new look. I had a 1998 Durango and loved it as well except I had to replace the water pump and rebuild the transmission. I just had the water pump replaced on my 2003 at 110,000 miles. I wished I had checked the differential gear ratio before purchasing though. It is a 3.99 to 1 and my mpg is only 14 on the highway. Other than being a gas guzzler I love this tough little SUV.

Featured Services for this Dodge Durango