2004 Dodge Durango

Available in 6 styles:  2004 Dodge Durango 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Love haste relationship

by Jstone from Springfield, MO | September 8, 2014

I own the 04 limited hemi version of this vehicle. I love the interior, infinity sound system, power of the hemi and the smooth quiet ride. While pulling a 1000lb pound UTV on a trailer, I had to keep backing down from 80 mph. Now for the bad. Plagued with electrical problems, transfer case motors 1300.00 (5lb part) are in high demand, intake and cowling issues resulting in hydrolock. Mine seems fine, I've driven in down pours, auto car washes, etc. Why take a chance? I'm parting ways with Dodge, they have stuck it to way too many of their customers with vehicle.

Best Tow/Family SUV For The Frugal Driver

by American Made from Denver, CO | May 1, 2014

After doing a lot of research I bought the 2004 Dodge Durango AWD with the 5.7l HEMI. This SUV is a BEAST with a tow capacity of 8,950lb and third row seating I've been able to take the family plus friends to the lake while towing our boat and had room for the dogs! I've owned my Durango for 4 years and haven't had a single problem with it, although if you are in the market keep in mind this vehicle drinks a lot of gas (as do all 8 cyl SUV's).

04 Durango SLT 4x2 Hemi

by A little disappointed from St Louis, MO | June 10, 2013

The Bad: The 04 Durango has an issue w/ the engine (at least it does on the 5.7L Hemi engine). It appears as if the intake manifold gaskets break down and the windshield cowl allows water to seap into the engine, often causing a thrown rod, etc. It is evidenced during moderate to heavy rain as the engine will shake and sputter or even stall. There are several examples of this throughout the net, so please do your research before you decide to purchase (consider running the prospective vehicle through a car wash before purchasing to see if the engine shudders). The Good: The issue described above seems to have mostly only affected the 04 model. The cowls can be replaced with better models to limit the amount of water that gets to the engine (to varying degrees of success), and I imagine with a gasket replacement, this should solve the issue. I really like the Durango...so much so, that I am planning on purchasing an 05 model. I've enjoyed everything about the vehicle save how it runs in the rain. It rides very well, and is capable of carrying mixed loads of passengers and cargo easily. I use it as my daily driver, and have used it to tow various loads. So long as you take care of the issue described above, I think you'll find it to be a great vehicle at a bargain of similar sized vehicles.

Good ride Bad on gas

by Good Girl from Virginia | March 25, 2013

The car looks good and rides good. I have the v8 Hemi so it definitely is not the best on gas. That's the only down side. I recommend this car if you don't have a problem forking out gas money!

worst dealer ever

by guitar from | January 13, 2013

I do not recommend this dealer not even for a dog they are really bad on business I call then ask for a car was listed for 3000 and when I get there for my surprise the car was totally different from the picture showing at cars.com I travel from NJ spending gas and tools I feel like idiot. if you want buy a used cars this is not a good place.

Its pretty good

by Dur123 from Kentucky | December 15, 2012

The car is really pretty and powerful. It is very fun to have. The only thing i dont like is i just had to have it fixed because of a pint problem, these cars are too new to have rust and ive seen some with the same problem. Best car ever overall, i like it better than the Yukon.

Best car I have owned!!!

by Guru from atlanta GA | August 4, 2012

The durango has exceeded my expectations...I used to have a sports car but needed a SUV since I had a baby on the way I was looking into durangos for some time I LOVE THE WAY THE 04s AND UP LOOK! I found a great deal on one for 6500 dollars with 99,000 miles it was just awesome looking so I bought it. It drove so strong so smooth so quiet it was the best ride of my life I have driven big SUVs and pick ups but this vehicle surprise me...and for 17 miles to the gallon is not bad for a "tank" looking SUV this is by far the best vehicle

BEST SUV THERE IS

by SLT from South Lyon, MI | July 19, 2012

From its beautiful,curvy,modern design to its amazing reliability and comfort this style of the Durango is the best. While driving one of the newer styles of the Dodge Durango I was amazed on how smooth, and quiet the ride was. Also on how much easier it was to drive than other Sport Utility Vehicles. Seats for up to seven with this much leg room and comfort was amazing. After all this what really made me just say "thats it im buying" was the high quality sound system! I didnt even get the one with the premium sound system and it was still the best!!!!!!!!

04 Durango worth every penny

by Dodge Hemi Lover from san jose | January 9, 2012

This is dodges best suv. The 5.7 liter V8 can haul a house and still get 21mpg. We use this to go skiing and family playtime. Tons of room inside with third row seating and storage. Great for kids too with limited editions dvd and wireless headsets for movies and video games. Awesome sound system from Infinity. Amazing control in snow, ice and rain. 6000pounds of protection on these crazy california hwy's is great for the family too.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2004 Dodge Durango

by HEMI fan from Hanover, PA | August 23, 2011

Good fit and finish. Great styling. Decent storage room for it's class, but much smaller than a Grand Caravan. Leather seats are too firm and lots of hard plastic throughout. VES video and Infiniti disc changer system are awesome! Digital dash controls on the LIMITED are nice. Split third row much better than the full seat. Tilt mechanism for rear seats not as friendly as Chevy EXT with third row but OK. Hemi guzzles around town at 8 to 14 mpg. Highway cruising with loads gets 22-23 mpg thanks to low final gear ratio. (We average about 15-18 with our routine). Overhead console with trip timer, economy meter etc... is a must to help get good mileage. Overall very pleased.

Featured Services for this Dodge Durango