2006 Dodge Durango

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Dodge Durango 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Walked Away ...

by Alive and well from San Antonio, Texas | April 10, 2013

Owned an 04 Limited. Loved it. 165000 miles with no major issues. Driving home from work, tire blowout at 65mph. Head first into concrete divider, rolled over once. When the world stopped spinning I got out and said I survived without a scratch. Built like a tank and saved my life.

Amazing vehicle! Sad to see her go!

by nurse on the move from Tucson, AZ | June 1, 2012

My husband and I bought the 06 SLT 4x4 durango in 2011. It was love at first drive for me. I have always driven big, lifted trucks. Then I became a mother and needed something practical. This Durango made me feel like I was in a big truck and could go ANYWHERE...AND IT DID, we took this up the mountains to camp/off road it did great, Daily driving was even better, we loved that we could pack the baby, family and still have room for the luggage, groceries etc. I have a long commute to work (47 miles one way) so I am getting a sedan...but will miss my durango very much. it was a great machine! IF you treat your vehicles right, service them when you are supposed to they will reward you with lots of fun!

Trouble free for over 5 years

by Durango Owner from Phoenix, AZ | March 8, 2012

Everyone I know who has owned a Durango loved it. Purchased ours new in 2006 and have had to do only routine maintenace. It drives like a car, the turning radius is amazing. Very comfortable.

Great for the price

by recent durango owner from Sheboygan, WI | January 17, 2012

For towing capacity, comfort, power, and styling it's a 5 out of 5 stars. The only down side is it is a gas hog, but if you want the horsepower you have to expect to feed the ponies. Great deal on used ones most likely because of this though.

Hemi

by osuops from kissimmee | June 29, 2011

I bought this knowing the gas mileage would be bad, I don't care I just wanted a nice big SUV for my wife and this is the one. Drives great and has plenty of room and options. Uses regular gas and gets around 15 mpg.

Very good vehicle

by Randy from Powell OH | May 11, 2011

I needed a larger truck to pull my new boat. The Durango has a 9200 lb tow capacity, with a WDH. The Durango rated fairly highly in the reviews I read, with no major problems or recalls. I bought mine used, and I was looking at the SLT & Limited pkgs, the 5.7L Hemi comes standard with the Limitied pkg. I bought the Limited due to the price I got on this one. The heated leather seats, NAV system, pwr sunroof add nice touches to a very comfortable ride. It pulls my 8700 lb boat & trailer easily. When hooked up, it squats down evenly, rather than being tail-heavy, due to the independant leveling suspension. If you're looking for great gas mileage, this is probably not the SUV for you, it does not fare well, but it is a heavy vehicle. I've only owned this vehicle 4 months, but it's been a great truck so far.

Uses car for Towing

One of my best cars so far

by Sky from North Carolina | March 29, 2011

I bought this car used, and I have no regrets so far. IT comes fully loaded with DVD player, navigation system, and multi-discs cd player. It has the form of a luxury vehicle.

Nice SUV

by Gary from Philadelphia, PA | November 11, 2010

I purchased my loaded 06 durango limited new and have only had it in the shop for routine service and new brakes. Very reliable, handles great like a much smaller SUV and the suspension is great. Love the power from the Hemi. Remote start and power liftgate are great. Friends with luxury SUVs that don't have these options are always jealous. Interior design is nice, but softer materials in key areas would be appreciated. Very roomy, including the 3rd row. Feels very secure in all sorts of driving conditions. I rent lots of cars/suvs for work and not much compares. Expedition was nice and has a smooth ride, but handling can be a little cumbersome in comparision.

Most powerful vehicle I've owned

by Hemi Enthusiast from Abbotsford British Columbia, Canada | September 12, 2010

I leased this 2006 Durango LTD new and I can't part with it. I love the power and the AWD kisses the road. The premium leather is very comfortable and I look forward to long road trips. The MDS has allowed me to get 25 MPG Highway but only when when grandma drives. I have test drove the new 390 hp Hem's and can't notice much difference in power. This vehicle is very fast off of the line.

GREAT SUV

by Flash from | August 19, 2010

I bought it brand new in Nov 06 and treid out the Hemi along with the Magnum and for the money(5k Hemi) I would still take the Magnum because speed wise they are baout the same.Gas mileage was 20mpg highway driving to S.W. Florida from New Hampshire.I have had many SUVS since 1980; Blazers,Eplorers,and Pathfinders.I love the Durango better than the rest and I have kept it longer 4yrs this November than any other SUV.I highly recommend it,but they no longer make them.BIG MISTAKE!