2011 Dodge Durango

Available in 10 styles:  2011 Dodge Durango 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Durango in the clutch

by FSUgard from | June 13, 2015

Just recently purchased the 2011 durango after an 09 Jeep. Love the interior and exterior design and features…super comfortable. WIll definitely be taking this puppy on the road for trips

Durango Crew.....AWESOME !

by Country Boy from Upstate New York | May 24, 2015

I have been driving Durangos since 1998 when they were called the Ram Charger. Just traded in my 2007 Durango with 113k mi. for a 2011 Durango Crew with 40k mi. & a 6 cy engine. Plenty of power with the 6 cy & this Crew is fully loaded , leather heated seats , sunroof , navigation , many extras. Smooth & quiet ride with plenty a power (not going to do any towing) room with seats down to carry equipment. Handles really great local or highway with good gas millage. I heard that Dodge may discontinue the Durango in 2016 ...I hope they don't because I will be looking for another one in maybe 6 or 8 years.

Amazing performance for a truck this size

by 11'Durango from NJ | February 19, 2015

Nothing beats a big powerful American truck, looks great. I purchased this truck recently and love everything about it. The 5.7 Hemi picks up extremely well and get up to speed very fast for being a 7 passenger SUV while sounding great. Love the sound system, has 9 speakers surrounding the truck and an Alpine sound system. The truck has great space. Having a Crew trim, it doesn't look like it has a Hemi, unlike the R/T, and I love it. Great truck overall, excellent value for all the things you get (Navigation, back up camera/sensors, premium sound system, etc.)

Full sized performance, mid sized package

by Finally bought her an SUV... from Lake Orion, MI | February 10, 2015

7,500 lbs towing capacity? Check. 365 horsepower with a nice juicy flat torque curve? Check. Seating for all 5 of your brats? Check. Something that doesn't require its own area code and actually fits in a garage? Check-mate!
What's not to love about the Durango? It has the best power and tow rating of any mid sized 3-row SUV. Only the full sized Chevy (Yukon) and Ford (Expedition... yes, they still sell those) offer more, and their improvements are marginal at best. This Durango is simply a stretched version of Chrysler's flagship; the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Lots of development work went into this platform, it's a solid performer.
The interior is very comfortable, but the infotainment system in the earlier non-integrated center stack vehicles is sometimes flaky. Hey, it's a Chrysler... you learn to live with these small annoyances (i.e. the bluetooth sometimes syncs, sometimes not). Two of the vent knobs also broke off rather easily early in its again. Again, it's a Chrylser. Deal with it.
While not a rocket ship, the 5.7L Hemi has no problem getting out of its own way. The 3.6L V6, on the other hand, is barely adequate. If you want fuel economy, you're buying the wrong vehicle. Just get the 5.7L already and sleep easy at night knowing you bought the proper engine.
Performance of the 5.7L Hemi is solid but let me warn you, she's thirsty. 13 mpg around town is a "good" fill up. On the highway with the (adaptive!) cruise control set, it's possible to see 20 or even 21 mpg but she'll immediately start dropping once you get her into stop and go traffic.
The optional 2-speed transfer case is really, really, really cool... but I'd bet the majority of people who have these (often found in the Citadel versions) don't even realize what they are. If your Home Owners Association is complaining about that overgrown rose bush in front of your $500,000 McMansion, the Durango will have NO PROBLEMS ripping that sucker right out of the ground with the transfer case in low range.
Overall, the wife loves hauling the offspring to soccer practices and I've got a machine that will still tow the boat / race car / dead rose bush on the weekends when I need it. A++++ car, would buy again.

TIPM

by Johnny from yucaipa ca | July 22, 2014

Dodge has a opportunity to make the TIPM Problem part of a recall. research before buying a 2011-2013. 2014 I believe resolved the problem. BUY an EXTENDED WARRANTY! it has saved me a couple of thousand dollars.

Drives like a sport car with the comfort of luxury

by Comfort from Chicago, IL | May 9, 2014

Great truck. Drives smooth and has the power when needed. Averaging 23 MPG so far and plenty of room for everyone.

My experience with my Dodge:( So many issues!!

by Brittany D, owner 2011 Dodge Durango from Tracy, Ca | January 29, 2014

I purchased a 2011 Dodge Durango in May 2011. I've kept up with all the regular maintenance & oil changes. At 41,000 miles my rear axle began leaking, my alternator went out & my serpentine belt had to be replaced. Of course, since I was 1k miles over the warranty I had to pay $1,100 to have the alternator & belt replaced. Thank goodness the rear axle was covered by the power train warranty of 100k miles. These problems occurred in September of 2013. My car was repaired at Stockton Dodge in October 2013. On January 28 2014 my alternator goes out AGAIN! Yet Dodge doesn't feel this part needs to be recalled. I've had to obsorb the cost of towing & rental car while they have had my vehicle both times. While I love the look of the exterior & interior of my vehicle, it drives smooth, I have the entertainment package so the rear back up camera & sound system have been wonderful. With that said, so have so many mechanical issues on a 2011 vehicle with only 41,000 miles seems obsurd. I would not purchase another Dodge, nor would I recommend them to any other family.

great ride - so practical

by large-family mom from Buffalo, NY | November 29, 2013

I had a 2000 Dodge Durango and was sad to see it have to go in 2011. I loved the practicality of having a stylish, tough-looking, wagon-type vehicle. Having a large family, 7 seats have been a 'must-have' for us - and then we got even bigger and needed 9 seats, so we had to go with a long conversion van for awhile. Some of our oldest children are now driving on their own, so down-sizing became an option. We loved our first Durango so much - and once the Durangos were so nicely re-styled for 2011, we were excited to once-again purchase a 7-seat Durango, with tons of room in back. The new Durangos are just beautiful, and handle that way too! Great features, and very user-friendly as far as controls. I am not sure how the reliability will go - but so far, so good, and our other Durango was a solid car as well so we are expecting only better!

Enjoying my Purchase

by Niki V. from Westerville, oh | July 25, 2013

I went fom the lot to vacation and we have enjoyed all the features. The DVD was perfect for the kids. Plenty of leg space for grandma. Cargo room was plentiful for the dog, kennel and 5 people's luggage. Both me and my husband enjoyed the easy to use navigation system and satellite radio. Gas mileage was great too!

Dodge Review

by Drive me there from Inland Empire | September 22, 2012

Loving our new 2011 Dodge Durango. I love our newer used car, however the gas tank is 24 gallons, so filling up with these gas prices is a little painful. The car iteself has a lot of room and the seats pop up nicely and lay down easily... The amenities are great, auto trunk open/shut from the cabin, the cargo area and the remote control. The auto seats for up to 2 people and more. The 7 passengers is pretty cool too.... I am very happy and the value, is great for a full size 7 passenger vehicle.