1998 Dodge Grand Caravan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Solid vehicle

by Loves Caravans from Westchester NY | September 22, 2012

Owned an older Grand Caravan for 10 years. This one is smooth and solid. No rattles. Love the dashboard and controls. Easy ingress and egress. Great all around vehicle.

The Most Reliable Van I have owned

by CountryGal from Batavia,NY | September 19, 2011

This van was built in Canada, and bought here in the states. I only had to put on new tires, and ocassionally brakes , and shoes, Other than that this van owed me nothing. It has been to California and Back to Batavia, NY 6 times in the last 4 years. The van has 250,000 miles on it and is still in tip top shape, mechanically sound, but a bit of rust. I now have down sized to a PT Cruiser, and not really happy with the PT Cruiser. The Van would get 34 miles to the gallon then and now.... and I wish I hadn't sold the van...and was worth the 18000 I paid in 1998.Safe and very reliable.Great for a growing family.

I don't recommend it!

by Disappointed Minivan Driver from San Francisco, California | January 27, 2008

This car has antifreeze leaking at about 20K miles driven. It had 2 recalls in the first two years. The brakes have problems. The front window inside is falling down. I do not recommend this vehicle to anyone! It was a big mistake that I made back then.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

by Practical car/van fanatic from Hilton Head Island, SC | December 4, 2007

I bought a fully loaded ES new in June of 1998. I went with this van instead of the Town & Country Limited because they were essentially identical and had the same options & I was able to get the Dodge for $1000. less. My wife and I have driven this van 105,000 miles and since I purchased it I have never had it back to the dealer for ANYTHING! Total repair cost in almost 10 years was $65. to replace the outside temperature sensor. I did my first tune-up at 100,000 miles, my second set of tires still have most of their tread left, and I replaced the battery once. The paint job on the van is the best I've ever owned and I've driven top of the line Oldsmobiles & Lincolns. When I pick up new golfing buddies, they often ask if the van is brand new. I wouldn't hesitate to get into this van tomorrow and drive it across the country.

Comfort and Economy in a Mini Van

by Now loving Mini Vans from Portland, OR | July 13, 2007

Although I was reluctant to buy a big white mini van, especially since I'm only 30 and don't have any children, it turns out to be the most reliable and most comfortable vehicle that I've ever owned. I've never been one to care much about appearences but if your somebody that wants a distinctive looking vehicle or something high performance then these definitely aren't right for you. However if your looking for comfort, descent fuel economy and storage space then this van comes highly recommended. Although I purchased a 1998 model which is now almost 10 years old it still runs like new and has had to have very little invested in repairs. It has an extremely spacious, comfortable interior that seats seven if you don't pull the seats out. Although it's seats don't remove as easily as some of the newer vans with the stow-and-go seating, its still possible to get them in and out in under a minute and are fully removeable which is great for storage. It's also really nice when you want to extract a seat at the beach or fireworks for comfy outdoor seating. My V6 3.3 model can exceed 25 miles to the gallon on the highway and seems to average about 20 to 25 even in city driving. Although it's definitely not a trendy vehicle and can be hard to find in parking lots because between Plymouth, Dodge and Chrysler there seems to be an overabundance of these vans in any supermarket parking lot there seems to be good reason for their popularity. The only major fault that I can find with it is it's appearance which was quickly resolved after I put an ample number of bumper stickers on it:)

Over-protective Mom

by Stay home mom from San Francisco | November 17, 2006

Beautiful van! My kids grew up with this van. Good reliability, children friendly design, and very reliable for an American built car.

Reliable, good value

by some guy from somewhere out there | November 15, 2006

I own a '98 Grand Caravan and have put 178,000 miles, and counting, on it. I've had a few repairs on it which is to be expected for this many miles, but for the most part this vehicle has been very reliable, and a great value for what I originally paid for it.

Most reliable and family friendly!!!

by Family-Man from Los Angeles | November 14, 2006

Great car! No problem for 8 years of driving. Comfort, reliable, good handling and nice styling. A great car for family.

Featured Services for this Dodge Grand Caravan