1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

not reliable

by UUUGGGG from Frankfort, KY | August 14, 2012

we bought it as a test drive car , styling is okay, Performance is alright, reliability is what makes it Garbage. a recall on the first year, a leaking transmission when it was about 2 years old, leaking antifreeze about 7 years old, but the worst was when it would randomly die on you, just driving and the engine dies on you, you also loose power steering, we sent it to the dealership to get fixed then it happened again, in total it happened 3 times, third time fixed it, finally at 11 years old, sometime it wouldn't even start, so we sold it and bought a toyota

Very comfortable

by Packer Fan from Alpha, Mi | November 12, 2011

I bought this van to haul my grandkids around. Nice smooth running van. Very easy to take out the rear seats when not needed to haul bigger items. Very happy with this van.

amazing vehicle

by lamboguykyle from akron ohio | September 29, 2011

my mother bought this car in 2008 used. she previously had a 1996 chrysler town and country that had a bad transmition. we all love this car,it gets great gas mileage, it gets you where you need to go every time, and has no major problems. the only problems we had were with the starter and a bit of transmition trouble (just because we were low on transmition fluid). it runs great and starts every day. This is one of the best cars we have ever owned.

Been a great vehicle

by Dobby from Rust Belt, PA | May 11, 2011

Bought used in 04 to haul our 2 kids, their friends, and a 100lb dog. It has plenty of room and handles and runs like a car. The 3.3l and 4spd ran strong right up to trade in day at 165,000 miles. Fuel mileage dropped a bit near the end : 26 highway down to about 22 or so. Although I couldn't keep up with the rust toward the end, it has been a very reliable car. I would recommend it to others as long as it comes with 4spd, V6 and NO SUNROOF!

After 185000 Miles

by Billsxtz from Greenwood,DE | June 25, 2009

I have been driving this vehicle forever it seems and the only breakdown repair required was a new fuel pump(in the gas tank) at 65000 miles. I do all the regular maintenace and change the oil every 5000 miles in engine and every 10000 in transmission. The front brakes usually get replaced at about 15000 miles, but the back brakes seem to last more than 50000 miles!

So Far We Love It!!!

by Fast and then there's fast. from Lakeville MN | February 14, 2008

We just bought our '99 Grand caravan last week. I'm all about performance with my vehicles. Our last van was a '96 Gr. Caravan with the 3.0 V6 and the minute I drove the 99 with the 3.8 V6, I was excited to own this van. It has the power when you need that extra boost. We have 4 children ages 7,5,and 14 months. Having twins, its nice to have the captains chairs. It makes it alot easier to get them in. I like everything about this van. I will continue to buy this van as long as the one I buy has the 3.8 V6.

A great all-purpose family vehicle.

by Cool minivan dad from Central Valley | January 4, 2008

The Dodge Caravan is a well thought out, family friendly vehicle. It can seat 6 in comfort and also has plenty of room for the kid's school gear. It has adequate power and mine got 21mpg on the hwy with the 3.3 6 cyl. The interior is laid out so that there is plenty of room for people to get to the rear seat. There are cup holders everywhere. With the rear seats removed there is a huge area available for cargo. Vehicle maintenance is a must with this Van. Check the brake pads often, they'll last about 25-30k. Service the transmission every 30K and keep the oil changed and this should prove to be a good van. My three kids which are known for destruction and my not-so-neat wife have spent 13 years in Dodge Caravans, and for the price of a used one they can't be beat.

Has been a great family vehicle.

by rozsmne from Visalia, CA | September 18, 2007

I don't quite understand the low ratings on this site for this vehicle but I've owned two Chrysler/Dodge minivans and they've been solid reliable vehicles. Decent gas mileage, drive/handle well and comfortable on long trips. Have travelled all over CA with them with onboard payload of up to 1500lbs and climbed up to 11K without a sputter. Would recommend this vehicle without qualms.

alright

by joe from dallas tx | September 12, 2007

although this car is some what fun to drive it lacks in reliability but it is very good when you have a big family this car is good if your not going to be putting alot of miles on it dont do it

Featured Services for this Dodge Grand Caravan