2001 Dodge Grand Caravan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

bad brakes

by babyman from seattle, wa | December 19, 2011

the brakes are diificult to push. you must always stay away from the car ahead of you because pushing the brakes takes that much longer. definitely test drive the brakes before deciding.

Awesome

by Lotsa Miles Momma from St. Louis, MO | November 18, 2011

200, 000+ miles on my Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and going strong. I drive--ALOT--and have no problem depending on this van to get me there and back everytime. Hoping for another 100,000 before I get a new one, and it will be a Grand Caravan also!

Tim

by Great family van from owa | July 26, 2011

i used to have a 2001 Grand Caravan with the 3.3 in it. it was my moms daily driver till she got herself a new Pontiac. i kind of stole it from her as it just sat. and i did like it more than my own car so i just parked mine and drove the van it got 16-20mpg in it. depending on how heavy my foot was that week. good amount of power. good stock audio. i thought it had the premium cuz it sounded so good. she took it from me and sold it when it had 180,000 miles on it and i wasnt happy about that cuz then i had to go back to my car. its wasnt as reliable and didnt get as good mpg. it was getting bout 15 if i was nice. overall its a great van with minimal repairs needed. i do highly recommend that you look into the van to haul family, other cargo, or just to get around. also very good in the snow with FWD. very pleased. i am a fan of Dodge becuase of this van. reliable and tough

most reliable van i've owned

by family van guy from sacramento, ca | May 29, 2011

i think the 01 grand caravan is the most reliable van i've owened. now the van has about 126 000 miles. no major machanical and transmission problem.

Exceptional Van For The Average Driver

by Gook from Fairfield IA | April 20, 2011

Our Dodge Grand Caravan EX was bought back in '01 brand new. Since then, our family has gone through a lot with this van - both good and bad. To start off, the exterior and interior is pretty exceptional for its time. Smooth lines on the outside and easy access on the inside make the van very appealing. Performance is there, but jittery. A little too much gas will jerk you back, but normal acceleration seems a little laggy. Overall, it's a very smooth, fun ride. Both you and your passengers will be comfortable. On to reliability- we have had a couple mishaps with our van over the years. We have had the hardest time with the huge blind spots in the back. We have ran into a pole two times and had to replace a light because of it. A popped tire on the highway, occasional rust, and electrical problems pertaining to the main lights have come across once or twice. We also had to replace the transmission at 96,000 miles. Now at 97,000 miles, the van still runs like a charm and is happily welcomed back into the family. I bet we will get another 100,000 miles in it and will be remembered for a long time.

Could be a better van

by Driving mom from Olathe, KS | March 23, 2010

This van looks fantastic from the outside and on the inside! I love the captains chairs in the middle, it makes it so much easier for my kids to get in the back! The seats all fold down very nicely and there's plenty of trunk room! My main problems with this van are the gas gauge not working (it will suddenly run out of gas when it says over a quarter of a tank), and on cold days it feels like I have no power steering. It's strange, but after it warms up it runs fine! I love the 4 disc changer for the cd player and the option of a tape player. It's a great van if you can afford it! Yes, it does have the special keys, so you have to pay lots for that, but it has an automatic door! And the trunk would be automatic if it worked. Strangely enough my parents' Chrysler Town and Country had the same problem.

A Wonderful Vehicle

by Willy from Austin, TX | January 28, 2010

Bought our loaded 2001 Grand Caravan ES in the Fall of 2004 from the Dodge dealer that sold it new; it had been driven 90,000 miles by the first owner and except for the odometer, was just like new. Also bought a 24 month/ 30,000 mile $200 deductible warranty from Chrysler for 1200 dollars. I paid $9400 and new the MSRP was about $35,000. We now have about 123,000 miles on it, mostly highway, as we have other vehicles for town use. The reliability issues were taken care of by the warranty; the front-end required about $1600 of work just after we bought it and the transmission about $1600 at the end of two years -- Chrysler did both. There were a few other smaller issues also covered by the warranty. In the past 3+ years no repairs have been needed; we have our fingers crossed. The best gas mileage has been 32+ several times each more than 200 miles. A 3000 mile round trip to CA from TX in 2006 yielded over 26 mpg. I'm generally an easy driver though quite a bit of 80 mph driving was done on the CA trip. Also, I was alone when getting these good mileage results. With two on board, he mileage drops 3 mpg or so. The vehicle weighs about 4200 pounds, so I think these results are quite decent. The town mileage results have dropped a bit lately, 15 - 16 in town with two on board; seemed to drop when I bought new tires. Very happy with this vehicle! If I could only have one vehicle, it would be a minivan.

Best Caravan YET!!

by 4 minivans and counting from Minnesota | March 15, 2009

I've owned four Caravans, and the '01 was the best of the four. Reliable, comfortable, solid and the perfect family vehicle.

my second grand caravan

by mglII from chicago (suburbs) | April 26, 2007

my 2001 grand caravan has over 140k miles on it and no major issues. had a radio replaced under warrenty only had 12,000 miles on it when it happened and has had brakes and struts replaced.

Good Family Vechicle For An Excellent Price!

by masterpaul1 from Chicago, IL | August 17, 2006

We have the DGC EX bought used in Sep. 2003. For the most part, it's been very reliable. We had to replace both driver and passenger window motors and regulators. Had the lift gate latch replaced. (Repairs done under the extended warranty.) I love the nice quite, smooth car like ride and handling. We only have the passenger side sliding door, which works great, as does the power lift gate. Our van handles good in bad weather, and traveling long distances is a joy. The tinted windows are nice too. We have the 3.8L engine, which has more than enough power for merging on highways with a full load and going through mountains. My favorite characteristic is the exterior styling and the alloy wheels just adds to it's beauty. I like how all the dash and window switches light up at night. The seats in all rolls are comfortable. The rear cargo organizer is a must have and is very versatile. There is plenty of storage space with all seats in, behind the third row. The 4 wheels disc brakes are excellent. The visibility through the big windshield and side windows are very good. The removable power center counsel is nice with it's cell phone holder and lockable storage compartment. We even have a lockable drawer under the passengers seat. (Plenty of storage). The AC is great and I love all the vents in the floor, mid level and over head for all rolls. The heated front and rear wiper packs works good. The triple zone AC/heat is a must have, as is the over head counsel with outside temp. I really love our van and we have had no major problems at 78K. Everything works as it should and it still looks like new, both inside and out.

Featured Services for this Dodge Grand Caravan