2002 Dodge Grand Caravan

$933–$7,589

Overall

Paradise for family

by Bob from NY | January 23, 2013

I drove this car for few months when staying in the US. A real good family car, lot of space, very reliable, a real pleasure on the road. I'm more used to manual transmission, so automatic always seems less efficient to me, but for a so big car, the performances were very good

Most reliable car ive owned

by professional from Milwaukee, Wi | May 7, 2012

bought this car in 2002 drove it to and from work daily and now it has 223,000 miles on it!! Great car a/c still works everything still works. Nothing broke, just a tad of rust on front but what do you expect from a 10 yr old car. very comfortable for long rides.

Great Vehicle!

by "Doc" from Grand Junction, CO | January 12, 2012

Purchased used (2 yrs old) w/ 36K miles. After 8 yrs, now have 200K on it. Use for general getting around, utility (lots of cargo space w/ rear seats removed), travel , & family (take grandkids fishing - w/ rear seats in). Usually use w/ only one rear seat in, so lots of leg room for back seat passengers. For travel, take rear seats out & have a mini-RV for sleeping 2 adults + room for storage! Worked great for trip of a lifetime to Alaska via ferry and AlCan highway. General wear & tear maintenance, nothing major; gas mileage up to 32 mpg highway (usually 27-29 mpg highway; keep tire pressures at 40 psi w/ tires rated for such); original transmission still in it. Used synthetic oil only since purchase (5K oil change schedule) so engine remains strong. Great vehicle; will be sad when time comes to replace it. But I will look for stow & go rear seats in my next van (possibly quicker & easier to switch rear seating) arrangements)!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by 2002 Grand Caravan Fan from Houston, TX | December 12, 2011

Great value, and very dependable! My 2002 now has 216K miles on it, and is still going strong - some of the usual maintenance items are required over 100K but all in all, the engine and transmission are very sound on this model. I would buy one again 100 times over!

Best Van Ever

by Chris from Maryland | November 3, 2010

My mom bought a Grand Caravan ES AWD (a 2002 model) in 2001 (for around $37,000) and it's still a champ! It has 150,000 miles on it, original transmission. I've been driving it since 2007 and the only thing I had to do was replace the brakes for $150. This car was definitely worth the money! My family always jokes about how cars normally don't survive my mother but this one has for almost 4 years now! I love the AWD on this van. I drove through a record blizzard last year with no problems. My mom has a new T+C Limited and she had to take my van to get to work in the snow! It has a great layout and is very comfortable for 7. You could even fit 8 if you buy a bench for the middle. I really like the shelves in the cargo area. It doesn't have stow and go but the middle and third row seats roll out very easily- I can do it on my own in a few minutes. This makes the back seats much more padded and comfortable for long trips. Also has way better leg room in the third row than the newer generation of Dodge/Chrysler vans. We take it to the beach many times every summer and drove to Connecticut from Maryland when it had 130,000 miles on it, no problems. Great family hauler with lots of room for people and cargo. The video system is great for long trips and the sound system is really nice. My sister's nice Volvo has poor speakers compared to the van. This has been a very reliable vehicle. It's never once left me hanging. Definitely one of the best vans out there!

Only vans i own

by Drive alittle of everything from Landover, Md | August 28, 2009

I have owned an 87,90,92,96,98 and now a 2001 grand caravan. Wouldnt trade it for the world. Great van use it for work {cable installer} and personal. Just have that tranny money ready at 80 to 100k miles. No complaint tho. Drive the van any and everywhere.

Mini van economy with SUV all weather abilities.

by Multiple mini van owner from Richmond, VA | August 3, 2009

I have owned a 2000, 2001, 2002, and a 2003. All were purchased used and were equipped about the same...All wheel drive, 3.8 liter V6 engines, Sport Package, and about 60k miles. Yes, All Wheel Drive. Many people do not know Grand Caravans can have AWD. After purchasing I had all of the fluids changed, even the ones most people ignore like transmission fluid. I also have the tires balanced and rotated, the alignment checked, the engine tuned up, and then state inspected. Doing these things alerts me if there were any issues I did not catch when purchasing and catches up any maintenance not done by the previous owner. I have run the vans to a minimum of 100k and have had very few issues outside of expected maintenance/repairs. I drove/drive the vans around town and regular road trips at speeds of 75-80mph. The vans drive and handle well, good visibility, have good room for carrying people and stuff, and the AWD provides excellent traction in heavy rain, snow, and ice. If you take care of it, they seem to hold up well.

so very worth every penny

by mini enthusiast from wellington | June 27, 2009

loads kids, groceries, luggage, with ease, and unloads as easily. very reliable, I LOVE THIS MINI VAN, so do my kids :)

I love the room but worried about tranny

by Just one more dog from Brunswick, Ohio | January 1, 2009

We had a 2002 Grand Caravan donated to our rescue group and after transporting three or four dogs in a Tracker I love the room I have in the Caravan. The only thing that worries me is when I slow down and get to around 28 MPH I feel a thump. Last thing I want is to have 4 to 8 dogs in there if the tranny goes. But it is alot more quiet for moving dogs or cats than my Tracker. I just wish the interior was a little different so I could get two X-large kennels in the back.

Great van for the money

by Josh from Pacific Northwest | November 22, 2008

Great family car. For the money it has the comfort and styling that most families need. Great for hauling to soccer games or swim meets. Can be used for a fuel efficient work van too. (seat are removable and foldable.)

Featured Services for this Dodge Grand Caravan