2004 Dodge Grand Caravan

2004 Dodge Grand Caravan

Available in 5 styles:  2004 Dodge Grand Caravan FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

For the most part a good van

by pamrojo from Port Orchard, WA | July 30, 2014

I love my Dodge van. However, when we moved to WA state we began having a problem we did not have in GA. Apparently the gasoline "separates" in this climate and humidity if you leave the van sitting for any period of time. The van will then sputter, hesitate and oft-times after filling it up it will cut off as you begin driving it. This is very dangerous if you are pulling out into traffic and it has happened a LOT lately. We took it to the Dodge dealership and they said they could drop the fuel tank, empty it, clean it and it would help - for a while. Cost $500!!!!! We did put some HEET in the fuel and it helped some but now that we are using SUPER unleaded it's better though not completely fixed. At least we don't shimmy and backfire as we are going down the street.

Nice second vehicle

by wildweather from Milwaukee WI | November 19, 2013

The Dealer for this vehicle did alright by us would definitely go back. This vehicle is fabulous so far. It has things we never had in the 2000. Like adjustable sides of the heater or air conditioner. I don't have to freeze in any weather any longer. Great gas mileage also came with this vehicle. It is just a great van.

most reliable car i' ve bought

by grand caravan se from freeland pa | March 5, 2012

I love the room I have 4 children and one on the way so it' s exactly what I needed. Very comfortable and stylish I would definitely recommend it to others I had a dodge stratus prior and I just love dodge they make very reliable vehicles I am very happy I bought this van and my kids love it too!!

Awesome Van!

by Grand Caravan Man from Tyler, TX | October 20, 2011

'' This was my first minivan and I love it! It is in the SXT trim and has it all! The 215 hp, 3.8 liter V-6 provides more than enough power, and it gets very good gas mileage for being so big. The transmission is also smooth and powerful. Handling is downright sporty compared to a large SUV.The 4 captains chairs are quite comfortable, and the third row bench can comfortably seat 2 adults or 3 kids. The power sliding doors are nice, the cargo room is large, and with the seats out you can hall a ton! The only bad thing I can think of is that the second row windows don't roll down, but the 3 rows of air conditioning take care of that. It has over 80,000 miles on it withou a major repair. Good work Dodge!

Caravan is so-so

by Mom's ride from Chicago, IL | February 10, 2011

I've had the Grand Caravan for 6 years now and it's a pretty good family car. It has been reliable, aside from one of the sliding doors chain breaking 2 times. It has plenty of room for my 4 kids and gets them to all their activities safely. That is my primary gripe with the Caravan. The dash is laid out to be easily reached while driving and several controls are directly on the steering wheel. The trunk is roomy enough for a double stroller so space has never been a concern. My biggest complaint is the lack of a shoulder belt in the middle position of the 3rd row. There is a lap belt, but the seat is useless without the shoulder belt. Also there are no latch connections in the 3rd row for car seats. The Caravan is a good family car, the 2004 was the last year without the storage in the floor which would be a nice addition to this model. I'd recommend purchasing the 2005 model or newer so you have the benefit of the stow-and-go system.

SIMPLY THE BEST

by VAN MAN from | September 27, 2009

I own two Grand Caravan's , a 2001 ES with 180k,and also an SXT with 65k. Had the ES for 8 years and did not have to do a repair (alternator) until approx. 110,000 miles. We are a family of six that makes many long trips,usually to Florida and sometimes Canada. Comfort and ride are superb and the power is plenty. Currently shopping for a third one..maybe the 2009 model since the wife test drove one and loved it..of course. Staying loyal to Dodge from now on.

Descent Van

by Soccer Mom from Hendersonville, TN | September 8, 2009

I bought this van in 2004 (used). It was great at first and I really like the comfort on our long trips. However, I have had several issues with this vehicle. Starting issues several times. The rear tail light assemblies have fallen off of both sides (two consecutive summers). The adhesive melts and it slides right off going down the road. I also have some small issues with the leg room in the third-row seat.

Ride is superb

by New Grand Caravan SXT Owner from Edmonton, Alberta | February 14, 2009

Purchased this in the SXT flavor and couldn't be more happier. 5 Stars on the Sunroof, 6 CD/DVD system, Power everything (sto n go seats on later models not as confortable as full size mid row captains chairs), Traction Control on Canadian roads is well done, wife loves adjustable pedals and nice to hav a full size spare ready on trips!

Wouldn't drive anything else...Almost!!

by Not too Van Enthusiastic from Palm Coast, Fl | December 29, 2008

I always hated the idea of owning/driving a van, but as the family grows, you gotta do something. I purchased this as my first van and I love it. It gives you the most for your money and handles great.It rides/drives smooth. The space it has in it , it is so verstile. I like the removable seating and storage space.

AWESOME MINIVAN WHAT MORE CAN I SAY!!!

by LOVE MY MINIVAN from Reading, PA | March 5, 2008

I just purchased this minivan less than a week ago. I have wanted a van for so long and i test drove this one and LOVED it. There is so much room inside. Middle bench seat can be removed and 3rd row bench seat can be moved forward and you now have a 5 seater mini van--LOVE IT. It looks great too. Handles great features are great. Will be awesome this summer for vacations and camping we can now all go in one car including all our gear. I dont know what else to say other than drive and you'll take it home--I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Services for this Dodge Grand Caravan