2006 Dodge Grand Caravan

Available in 3 styles:  2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Van shown

Overall

The Second Time Customer

by The Cara Van Family from Detroit, MI | March 18, 2014

I just recently purchased this vehicle for the reputation that it has with my household from the last one bought just up graded!! The seats fold into the floor and it has power doors! Although only one side works due to it being used all that needs to be replaced is the motor. This is a great feature but not mandatory unless you have young babies or senior citizens they may be handicap. The current features of the power locks, windows, and the sense of direction w weather is a great feature that was in my older van as well. It serves as a great feature when locating places and temp changes outside. The power seats are a great feature for the driver to utilize and the radio tell you some of the music info (artist/song) and the station without having to find out with your cell phone!

Used 06 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Limited Edition

by LJKittyKat from Bel Air, MD | January 29, 2014

I had owned a 00 Chrysler Voyager before purchasing this vehicle. The extra 21 inches is great for storage. The stow-and-go is genius if you don't have storage for unused seating. But I wish the third row could be moved forward, or interchanged w. the captains chairs in the second row. I could do that w/ the 00 Voyager. The stow-and-go is standard; I wish it was optional. The stereo has no aux feed, soI can't plug the ipod in and listen through the speakers. Needs remote start standard!! All cars should! I purchased from a dealership in DE, and when I got it home, it wouldn't pass inspection. They worked with me, and sent me a good faith check to get it inspected. I probably don't need to tell you to never buy a car on the first day you look at it. It wasn't detailed to my cleanliness standards, and the salesperson was pushy!!! But it is totally my fault, purchasing it in the dark, in the cold, and just wanted to get it home. If it seems too good to be true- IT IS!!! The vehicle performs nicely. Since I mastered backing in from the Voyager, I don't have any problem. I wish the mirrors tilted down when I backed up. My husband's 03 Chrysler 300M's do. He also has automatic climate control, but it's more expensive to fix. At 75,000 miles, the power steering hose needed replaced, the radiator was leaking, and the front rotors needed replaced. I was looking for a Chrysler, but this Dodge is comparable, and they made many of them, so the price is right. Be wary of buying in flood prone or storm ridden areas. Carfax all the way!!!

Excellent car!

by Harmony from Salt Lake City, Utah | July 4, 2013

I have had this van for almost 3 weeks and it is doing wonderful! I would recommend this van to anyone who has children as it is a very comfortable van as well as it drives awesomely! Thanks!

Features are worth the price

by Soccer Mom from Orlando, FL | December 23, 2012

We purchased a 2006 Dodge Caravan SXT and love the features, especially the dual power sliding doors and the folding third row seats. At 100K it is making some strange noises, but what car isn't at that many miles?

Good van

by youdaman from New York, NY | April 26, 2012

We've had this van since December 2005 and have since racked up 65,000 miles on it. We have had minor problems with the air conditioning and power sliding doors not working. Hoping the van will last to 100 K relatively problem free, but don't expect it to last as long as my Toyota.

Great vehicle for a hard working mother!

by Hard Working Mother from Dallas, TX | April 4, 2012

I have owned two Dodge Grand Caravans and each one performed like a trouper. This 2006 had the Stow and Go seats which I loved because it made it easy to convert it to a hauling lots of cargo when I needed it for my work or home life. I typically got 20 to 22 miles per gallon on the hwy and 18 to 20 running around town. It is a wonderful vehicle for a mother or father who has to run a home and business.

Transmission issues

by innercritic from Chapel Hill, NC | December 28, 2011

I bought this same model two years ago for $3,600 at a used car dealer. Mileage was 138,000. I thought it was a great deal at the time until the transmission died one year later, with absolutely no warning. I found out that transmission problems are common in these cars. While the car has been perfect for transporting elderly parents, enabling them easy entry and exit, and is a comfortable ride with reclining back seats, plenty of rear room for walkers, the buyer should beware of possible transmission problems and should consider the possibility of a $2000 plus repair while negotiating a fair price.

Good minivan

by Bigdog from Boston, Massachusetts | October 7, 2011

This is a good minivan. It is spacious and well-designed. It can seat six comfortably and seven if needed. There is also an abundence of cargo space, and the stow n go and seat folding features are handy. The minivan is relatively easy to drive, with carlike handling, but it is a bit hard to park. The engine accelerates fairly well, with adequete power for highway merging and passing. The steering wheel is hard to move if you aren't in motion first, or when your foot is on the brake. It is a good van overall.

4th GRAND CARAVAN

by JOE KOOL from PHILADELPHIA | April 2, 2011

I HAVE OWNED 4 GRAND CARAVANS AND I LOVE THEM. THE FIRST ONE I GOT USED AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM. HOPE THIS ONE LASTS FOREVER BECAUSE ONE OF THE BEST THINGS THEY HAVE IS THE INSIDE STORAGE ROOM THAT IS NOT THERE IN THE NEWER MODELS. BEHIND THE FRONT SEATS WITH THE STOW-N-GO SEATS DOWN THERE IS ABOUT 160 CUBIC FEET OF STORAGE SPACE AS OPPOSED TO THE NEW ONES WHICH ONLY HAVE ABOUT 143 CUBIC FEET OF STORAGE SPACE. THE ENGINE RUNS GREAT. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FOR A FAMILY GUY WITH 4 KIDS WHO NEVER THOUGHT HE WOULD END UP IN A MINIVAN.

It could be improved

by Will from Canada | November 8, 2010

This car is very smooth, the steering and acceleration however had me dissapointed ; the brakes are pretty good. But when it comes to styling, it's hideous! the inside with the fat chubby centre controls to the smiling bubbly outside. As one person said, a Honda Oddysey could be more reliable and more stylish and sporty while the Toyota Sienna with style and luxury. i recommend you test drive all of them to your taste but for now, i hate this car.