2007 Dodge Grand Caravan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Multi Purpose Vehicle

by Gradpa's Taxi from Winnipeg, Canada | May 3, 2014

I'm up to my 15th vehicle now and this one has been the best all round vehicle I've owned. It's not the best out right vehicle I've owned but it is the best all round. It's an SXT with the 3.8L engine, gas mileage has been better than expected with tons of power when needed.I own a computer sales/repair business, I have grand children and taxi them and their parents around, I do my own house repairs and upgrades to my own house and my kids. Can fit a 4x8 sheet in the back and close the tail gate. I even got rid of my truck. So this van gets a lot of use, I'm up to 154,600 miles or 248,804 Km and in that time both power sliding doors had to have their drive systems repaired with upgraded systems under warranty. I also have had to replace the coil pack, first one I've done on a Chrysler, I've done tons on GM V6's. And I've just had to do the water pump and belt, I concider this a maintenance item, factory brakes changed at 33,000 miles to better after-market ones. Other than maintenace items, repair bills have been very low for this vehicle and it has been very reliable which it has to be. Has failed to start only once all this time, it was -36 and not plugged in, my fault. Dis-likes: The horn buttons, ther are 2 of them under the pad and are really hard to use in a panic situation. Side moudlings on mid seats could be designed better, 2 have broken loose. Hard to find a really good dealer. Likes: Excellent power when needed and gas mileage is as claimed or better, except in winter as expected. Great for long trips even up to 1,200 miles, quiet and smooth. Shifting is better after a reflash. Great seating for kids or adults. I can do my own maintenace easily, even change the rear sparkplugs. If you need a realiable every day do everything vehicle then I would highly recommend this mini-van.

Worst decision ever

by No More Dodges EVER! from | May 5, 2013

The Dodge is nothing but junk. List of problems: DVD diement s when you change the battery, Dodge knows about issue and still does nothing, Power doors have broken on both sides. Dodge knows about and has done nothing. I did talk to a Dodge help line for an hour and received at least one door fixed free. Makes a horrible screeching sound, Belt just started whining for some reason. No kidding this winter. Drivers side heat was 90 degrees and passenger side was 40 even though both were set at 70. The air conditioner just broke as well this past week. Why did the government bail this company out?

Perfect Family Vehicle

by Family Guy from Atlanta, GA | January 21, 2013

I am now on my 2nd minivan and my first was an Odyssey (over priced and less storage/more haggle). You will not find a Minivan with more storage space, easier to take down seats, or more realiable than this vehicle. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone looking for a car. I have 116K on my car and not one issue!

Extremely reliable car - van

by Patrick from Houston, Texas | September 26, 2012

I have had this van since new - we have taken many trips with it - there has never been with the exception of maintenance any problems with the van. It rides comfortably and is economical.

Right car for most jobs

by An Active family man from Coral Springs FL | January 14, 2012

I can tow a Seadoo, 6 kids, plus stuff and still have a roof rack. Visability is great and storage is the best.

Bouncy Ride

by knowumsayin from | July 28, 2011

Great, but the ride will get you sea-sick, especially on long trips, although I've pretty much gotten used to it. Mechanic told me today that a larger wheel size and springs would make for a smoother ride. Right-side sliding door lock motor failed, and had to be replaced (a common issue with these vehicles). I've had no issues with anything else. Owner's manual says not to use synthetic oils, and always use 87 octane fuel. O'Reily's seat covers are a perfect fit, and about 6 of Lowe's $1.00 black door mats will keep the interior floors from being wore out. In the past 20 years I've had 5 different new vans - of those the quickest, most powerful, quiet, and smooth ride was the Chevy Van.

DVD player stinks

by Family man1 from Indiana | July 13, 2011

The DVD player would not work after changing the battery and the power doors have brooken twice. Brakes were completely at the rotor at 30,000 miles. It makes a horrible screeching sound when turning that no one can figure out. A nice van but it is just not reliable

Worst vehicle since the 1995 Chevrolet APV

by Unhappy Dodge Owner from Marysville, MI | August 25, 2009

This is the 4th Dodge Caravan that I have owned. It by far is the worse that I have ever owned. The entire front suspension had to be replaced. The automatic sliders sound like they are going to jump track and fall off. The carpet peeled up. The rear seat belt was the wrong one for the vehicle. Constant power steering issues. Poor performer all together.

Great van

by Scuba from Colorado Springs, CO | December 18, 2008

This van has been the 2nd best car i have ever owned, the best was my current 2008 Audi A4. This van has so much room, I hauled a full size washer and dryer and still had room for groceries. Never had a problem.

caravan & T&C

by mr picky from grand rapids mi | December 8, 2008

can't stand the way the thing shifts. step on the gas & sometimes it goes all the way to first. take off normally, thing up shifts way too soon, bogs down. what a pain in the but. and look at where the seats connect to the floor, come on and finish the details like most others, and whats that rattle sound the dealer said was normal when idling, sounds worn out.

Featured Services for this Dodge Grand Caravan