2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

17 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Glad I bought it.

by Jonb2501 from Saint John New Brunswick, Canada | February 10, 2015

Up till 2014 I've owned mostly small sedans. I needed a larger vehicle and when I saw the sale which basically amounted to 30% off, I jumped. I had to stick to a specific price point to I took the Canadian Value Package, the entry level van. Not too many bells and whistles, A/C, heated power mirrors, automatic day/night mirror, sirius satellite radio. I opted for the extended warranty and the electronic rust proofing. I have loved this vehicle. 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, roofing tiles, or 7 people and lots of stuff, this van does it all and does it comfortably. Front seats are very comfortable, even the 2nd row bench (in this trim level) is comfortable, the 3rd row is nice, you're kind of cocooned with cup holders and nooks and crannies for stuff. The 3.6 L six is rated one of the world's best engines. Lots of power, no hesitation even with 7 people and the cargo space behind the 3rd row seats full of gear. I'm not a big fan of the 6 speed transmission, although it works better after the local Dodge dealer did a firmware upgrade. Winter time up here means lots of cold and snow, and this van has a great heater, and with a good set of winter tires and the included traction control, it's actually pretty good in the snow. The Eco mode for the transmission is a wasted effort, the transmission shifts to the higher gears quickly and is noticeably reluctant to downshift, so I'm not a fan. A fuel efficiency gauge or light would've been better. Fuel economy is normal for vehicle of this size, almost 17 ft long and 6050 lbs. To sum up, more comfortable than the competition, big, powerful, roomy, versatile, I'll go for the back up cameral the next time, otherwise, it's an great all purpose vehicle.

Dodge Grand Caravan Bought at Majorworld

by Ignacio C from Queens, New York | January 23, 2015

Bought my Dodge Grand Caravan from Major world. Excellent van, reliable and lots of nice features. The stow and go seats are awesome.

not recommend

by seattle** from tacoma, wa | July 29, 2014

Mine (2013, 14000 miles) has problems on engine and transmission, and I have been waiting for 70 days for fixing parts.

transmission

by transmision from brampton,ont. | April 19, 2014

When shift into drive ,the transmission slipped. IT is not always happend.But most time in winter, eventhough i warm up van for 5 mintues.

Power Doors and Sto'n Go Rear Seats are the BEST

by tkster from Tracy, CA | April 1, 2014

My wife is so pleased with the Power Doors. This is a great feature especially the rear door. The hide-away seats are great for security. Very comfortable car. Only issue we have had was the transmission. It was replaced under warranty but should never have happened. Still love the look and the 3.8L really performs on the highway. Excellent for the long trips and vacations.

Grand Caravan Again!

by Larz from | March 28, 2014

This is our third or fourth Grand Caravan. We love the stow and go design...so we overlook weaknesses in durability.

Great Van for the Price!

by Mom from Puyallup | March 27, 2014

We bought a slightly used ( less than 4K) 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. We laugh that with Stow-Go, we actually have a covered pick up. We've transported children, sports gear and sheetrock. Love the interior and power gate & doors. Yes, it's a minivan, but it's a great minivan.

should have known better

by DMW from Ashland, Ky | February 27, 2014

transmission retrained no improvement, 2nd to3rd shift chatters 4th to 5th engine revs, water pump stiff in cold weather starts. front & rear suspension parts changed still rattles, dealer says can't find, engine at times flat or dead.. ride is good gas mileage is vg. I like the appearance of van

Fantastic ride

by shelseekr from Nipomo, ca | January 28, 2014

Enjoying the scenery while driving thanks to the big windows! Interior space is well done and no bumping into elbows of passengers and good head room for a tall driver 6'... The cloth seats are well made to support my lower back. I no longer need the back support made for me to drive in my old car. Smooth handling in the steering. I get 19 mpg in the city and 23mpg with air con. Running on freeway. Must use 87octane gas. 5000 miles till next oil change. Plus I'm saving 40$ a year on insurance! Go figure. I love this car...the ease of the fold-down seats is incredible and we love the "well" with the grocery bag hooks to keep stuff from sliding around. Plenty of cup holders and hidden compartments for stowing things make it a warehouse on wheels.

most for the room

by mini van family from wahiawa, hi | November 23, 2013

I have owned an suv, but since having kids I just can find any other style car like a van to compare the room. 3 row seating and still be able to put things in the back end like coolers, chair and groceries. also I love the fold and stow seats and turns into the sixe of a truck for cargo. love love love