2014 Dodge Grand Caravan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love what they've done to the Grand Caravan

by Van Fan from Lansing, Michigan | April 10, 2014

This is my 2nd Grand Caravan. My last one was a 2007. My new one is the SXT 30th Anniversary. I love the changes and they have addressed some of the weaknesses of my 2007. They finally have the handles in the right places which makes it much easier for elderly (and the not so elderly) people to get in! We looked at other vans but none can compare with the ease and convenience of the stow-and-go seating that drops flat into the floor literally as easy as 1-2-3. The seats are comfortable. There is storage galore: the center console has a lot of top storage but it also has a big drawer under it. There are 2 glove boxes. There are lighted pockets in the front doors. Pockets on the back of the front seats (though I wish they were solid and not netting). And there is hidden storage where the middle seats drop into the floor which is great for my cloth shopping bags, emergency kit, air pump, blanket, etc. There's even a place for my umbrella by the driver's door. I have the back up screen, hands free phone thing, and a mini computer that stores your CDs and USB device info. You can even store photos on it. I love this new technology! If you get the telescoping foot pedals and stearing wheel along with the power driver seat, it's the best I've found for fitting short people like me (I'm 5' 2"). I tried MANY cars at the Detroit auto show and none fit as well and get me up as high as the Grand Caravan. We opted not to pay extra to get the garage door opener or compass but they were a cheap, easy add on. We also added after market front seat heaters which they installed at the dealer's and they work great and were a fraction of the price of buying the whole package just to get them. We also added after market running boards that the dealer installed for $700 because my elderly parents have a hard time getting in a van so high. They work great, especially with the better placed handles of the 2014. (You just have to be careful about taking tight corners over a curb because you can scrape more easily.) I also added adjustable stick-on mini blind spot mirrors to the side view mirros, which I think should be a standard safety feature on all vans. The only things Dodge hasn't addressed yet is a waste basket, because every car needs one and there's not a good place to put it. And they should put arm rests on the outside of the front seats because the door arm rests are in the wrong place for short people. I can't reach the steering wheel if my arm is on the door arm rest.

Built for camping

by Stow N Go Fan from Salinas,Ca. | March 26, 2014

No other van manufacturer has stow n go seats.I had a job selling V.W. vans,but there is no comparison. Dodge builds the best van in the world. Stow n go seats give you a passenger van and a cargo van both in one, the best invention since sliced bread.

Tremendous value in the Dodge brand!

by Don from Fernandina, FL | March 26, 2014

The Dodge Brand is sharply superior to other Chrysler products, and of real great value....has all the features of the Town & Country and a much lower price point. A very attractive price point and a great vehicle.

Excellent Interior Design for a Van

by dgh from Fishers, IN | March 17, 2014

Only Chrysler Dodge has Sto-N-Go seating. I was tired or hauling the seats in and out of my old van and my daughter's Honda Odyssey. The Dodge Grand Caravan is the best priced Van on the market, has lots of room, looks good, performs well and has the required modern creature comforts.

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan

by matthewkiddo from White Oak, PA | March 16, 2014

The Dodge Grand Caravan is awesome to me. It has the same exact shape as the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country. I have a red 2014 Grand Caravan. I love it!

Mostly OK

by FisherRog from Oak Creek WI | January 22, 2014

We think the Grand Carvan will be adequate for transporting my mobility scooter. It was very disappointing to receive a booklet touting Sirius XM Radio and then not finding it when we looked more closely. It also could not be upgraded to the XM radio by Dodge, being told to go to Best Buy if I wanted Sirius. No booklet hyping Sirius should be given to the new owner if it isn't in the vehicle.

new van

by Potter from Waynesburg PA | January 1, 2014

Just purchased a new Grand Caravan. Had a great experience with salesperson Mike Smith at Waynesburg PA Ron Lewis Auto Group.

First van for my family

by MiniVan Dad from Denver, CO | December 11, 2013

Just recently got our first Dodge Grand Caravan 2014. So far it has turned out to be a great choice for our growing family. You get great value for your money with this van, as well as some serious pick up from the engine 270hp( dads like that). It has a real comfortable ride and very little if any road noise. If you are looking for your first mini van and think that the only good ones are from Japan, think again. I have only owned nissans, mazdas and Hondas so this is my first American car and I am glad I picked Dodge. Shop around and you will see who that there is no better value out there and remember Dodge invented the mini van so they really know what they are doing. Our van was the AVP SE package (21,600)which is entry level without power sliding side doors but s still very easy to get family in and out no problems. This van is still very nicely equipped with leather steering wheel, satellite radio, Bluetooth and much more. Go check them out you won't be dissatisfied, plus the mid to high end models are outstandingly equipped.

Minivan for family

by Marc from Ottawa Ontario Canada | October 27, 2013

You need to understand that if your going distances and need room, a minivan is for you. This van gives way more than previous generation I owned, I now have CVP and am blown away by how much you get. My kids are the real test and so far A+. You need to take in consideration that for the look at me generation this is not it, I really have no care on spending 300 to 500 more a month to make people think I don't drive a minivan but a SUV which has no storage and is the little brother of a pickup truck. BTW the van actually can pull 3600lbs. Price is negociable to a limit but the extras and frills you can buy as extras (dvd). Do your research on your needs. Why I give 5 on 5 reliability? You buying a dodge get an extended warranty, well worth as a hedge to any issues and still way less than Toyota or Honda. 5 years bumper to bumper nothing comes close.

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

by Waggy901 from Central Wisconsin | October 10, 2013

Overall I'm pleased with this van but there were a few things I would have done differently if I wasn't under time restraints. 1st thing would have been to negotiate a Compact Spare Tire in the purchase. This vehicle came with an Inflater kit instead of a spare. Not my idea of being prepared especially seeing that it already was equipped with the winch system and the upper spare cover already installed. I would have also gotten a few more 'options' such as autodimming mirrors, Power adjustable front passenger seat and a few other electronic options.