1995 Dodge Intrepid

Available in 2 styles:  Intrepid 4dr Sedan shown
$48–$5,872

20 city / 28 hwy

Overall

A fun way to get from point A to point B

by 95Intrepid99Kid from | December 17, 2012

Lets just start off with the 3.5L V6 Engine that comes as an option for the Intrepid. I have this in my car (which was purchased new in 1995) and will say, as long as you use the proper spark plugs (gapped to .035 for anyone who needs to know) This car will start nice and easy, not to mention it will heat up the interior quite quickly. It struck a deer one month after we bought it, and still drove home. Needless to say, this car is well worth the money.

This car is okay

by SableFan from Rockford, IL | July 14, 2012

I purchased this car used, in 2009, with (I think) about 110,000 miles on it. I'm still driving this car, but I will be upgrading soon as it has recently begun to nickel and dime me and I plan to be doing some pretty regular out of town commuting. I'm pushing 146,000 miles now. Its roomy interior and cushy seats sold me. Being a nearly 6 foot tall woman, I need the seat to move back far enough--and it does. The after market stereo in it was stolen shortly after I purchased it, but it didn't work anyway, so haha, thieves. I replaced it with another after market stereo and it works (even though you can't just plug the wire harness into this Dodge, you have to connect each wire yourself). I will say that the ease of installation isn't bad (it helped that I had a friend that knows his stuff). The car runs. I will give it that. Maybe not well, but it does. This car reminds me of the old cartoons where a car is bouncing down the road and springs, bolts, and various pieces of car are falling out with each bounce. Somehow, one manages to get to a destination, however. Hmm, so what have I replaced in three years? I've replaced the front/rear pads, rotors, calipers, and brake fluid lines (sigh), the starter, a battery, some part of the exhaust system (pipe), a fuel regulator thingy (I don't remember what it's called, but it regulates gas pressure into the engine, I think, and it was leaking gas everywhere--fun). Not too bad, right? I mean, this car is old. What does it still need? Ha, okay, sway bar links (in the front for sure), passenger side mirror, driver's seat, horn (really? yes, really), and air conditioning. Oh, and a wheel bearing. Also looming? An ever increasing oil leak that I haven't addressed (and won't on any car this old). There's probably more. Luckily, whoever owned this car before me replaced the transmission, so yay for that. This car is okay. It's exactly what I expected from a mid-'90s Dodge. On the plus side, now that I replaced that fuel regulator thingy I'm getting around 30mph highway and 26mph in the city. It's a little hard to me to judge that because I live in the country-ish outskirts of a big city, but the gas mileage isn't bad for a Dodge this old. All I can say is, be diligent on your maintenance of this vehicle. As soon as you notice something clanking, banging, leaking out, or falling off (and you will)--take care of it immediately. Good luck.

Best Car I've Owned

by Intrepid Lover from Wyoming | January 17, 2010

I bought my Intrepid in 1999 when it had about 60K miles on it. I traded it in in 2006 with 250,000 miles, and it was still going strong. The car is incredible roomy, and very comfortable for long road trips. It handles better than most smaller sedans, and the V6 has plenty of power for passing. Finally, I can say from experience that it's a very safe car! I hit a deer on the interstate doing about 80, and the airbag deployed. If I'd been in a smaller/weaker car, I might have been injured, but the Intrepid held up well. A 1995 model will be about 15 years old now, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for my son. I'd highly recommend this as a first car for someone you care about, or as a commuter car for yourself.

Fab 1st!

by Dodge Driver from Long Island, NY | May 5, 2007

I just purchased my first car, a '95 Intrepid from a neighbor. It doesn't have much by way of bells and whistles, but it seems to be a good, reliable, well-built car. There were a few small problems, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. As always, prudence is key when purchasing a used vehicle, paticurlarly from a individual as opposed to a dealership. Also, make sure that the owner has dealt with any recalls, and if they haven't, they should give you enough money off the price to compensate. The initial test drive lasted 45 minutes, during which time a tested handling, performance and performed a variety of manuevers at both high and low speeds, all which were handled by the vehicle very well. Overall, a great vehicle!

Great cars

by saph from central wisconsin | March 27, 2007

I didnt think i was going to like intrepids very much, but i can tell you they re great cars! i had to take mine to florida, and i went srtaight down and back up, never haad one problem, was very comfortable, didnt spend much on gas, was a very enjoyable experience! i would reccomend an intrepid to anyone!

not even close to my dodge charger

by pittsburgh dave from pittsburgh | February 17, 2007

the dodge intreped has had a name for its self for about 13 years now so i came acrosed a little old lady who sold me her 1995 dodge intreped with only 1,124 miles on the car it was garage kept for the entire time she owned it she bought it new the back seats still wraped in plastic brand new shape so i took it out for a cruise on the interstate 0-60 in 8.9 seconds Not impressive then took it down some windy roads did not handle that great almost wrapt it arount some trees about 7 times and by the way it had brand new h-p low profile tires on it the same that i use on my dodge charger so i know it was not the tires the car is not balanced correctly so dodge should recall every one ever made and fix the suspention so dont ever buy one

Extremely Reliable

by I Love DODGE INTREPIDS from Hartford, MI | May 30, 2006

The Dodge Intrepid is extremely reliable. My brother in law drove his dodge intrepid to chicago every day for a year and now i drive that car. The only thing is that it does need a check up to keep it in tip top shape.

Featured Services for this Dodge Intrepid