1997 Dodge Intrepid

17–19 city / 25.9–26.9 hwy

Overall

One GREAT car

by Mopar Muscle Fan from Greenville, OH | November 9, 2014

My parents bought it used in 1999 and have it to this. It has been handed down to me and it still runs like a dream. 109,700 miles (all city miles) and hasn't quit for anything. Ignition switch had to be replaced and a couple hoses here and there but still runs great. Wouldn't think twice about hopping on the interstate and driving across the U.S and back. This car is a mini tank on wheels. My dad got t-boned a couple years ago at about 10 mph and there was a small chip in the paint!! Structurally sound! Highly recommend.

Best Valued Car I've Ever Owned

by Mechanic and Gear Head from Riverton, WY | February 28, 2013

I make my living buying restoring and selling cars. I first bought a 95 Intrepid with the 3.3 to fix up and sell. Later I bought my 97 Intrepid with the 3.5. I used it to run around town in alternate to my diesel, I got 30+ MPG for 100,000 miles. I then got a new run-around car and added a twin turbo setup with an intercooler and the engine has held up to the extra stress wonderfully. I would recomend this car to anyone, it's safe, comfortable, reliable, and can be fast if you want it to be!

1997 Dodge Intrepid

by Intrepid Owner from Bryant, Arkansas | November 19, 2010

Bought it new in 1997 and I still have it to this day. It been a great car. It has about 198,000 miles. The only thing that went wrong with this car is the basic things like the starter, ETC. I plan on keeping it for a little while longer. But the hard part is trading it in for another car. Because its been such a great car. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Dodge in the Nick of Time

by Vintage Car Enthusiast from Allentown, PA | April 15, 2010

I purchased this vehicle from an ad that I found for another car I saw, when I got it to the car was sold. The seller had another car and sold it to me for a very reasonable price. it has a few repairs that need to be made but it rides nice over all. The seller was great to me and I would recommend this car seller and his cars to others.

Great Performing, Great Value

by Erik in KC from Kansas City, MO | January 15, 2010

I've owned my Intrepid for about 4.5 years, and it is a great-handling, great performing large American car. The 3.3 litre is a strong engine, and everyone I've talked to who knows engines said if I take care of it it will last a long time. I've had to do a some repairs, but you have to do that on any 170,000+ mile car. Its a champ, and I plan to keep it a few years longer.

Best Car I've had.

by Alex from Cincinnati, OH | June 16, 2009

This was my dad's business car and I inherited it in high school, driving it for three years. I had the ES with the 3.5L V6, and it was the best engine I've driven with. There weren't many luxuries on it (no sunroof or leather seats, etc) but everyone who rode in loved how comfy and roomy it was. Plus, I easily got about 28- 30 mpg on the highway. It also had a massive trunk and huge amounts of legroom in the back. One drawback: it was a boat when it came to parallel parking, but I loved my Beast.

Just Bought !!

by Rachel knows cars from Burlington, IA | June 15, 2006

i just bought one. it is a beautiful purple /plum color and handles very nicely though the 3.3 V 6 engine in mine could be better i'm not at all complaining. It handles nicely oh highways and city roads. But mine wheres out brakes fast.

Featured Services for this Dodge Intrepid