1998 Dodge Intrepid

Available in 2 styles:  Intrepid 4dr Sedan Base shown
$415–$5,663

19 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Huge interior and trunk, a few bugs...

by mike from Colorado | December 18, 2012

The interior is enormous. With a 6-ft tall person driving, another 6'3" person can still cross their legs behind the driver! I store my hockey goalie equipment in the trunk and still have room for my player equipment. The large wheelbase made this a very stable car in the turns and switchbacks in the mountains and had no troubles with the snow/ice of Minnesota or Colorado. One negative is the blower motor resistor. I've replaced it more times than I can count (heat/ac only has high or off settings). Luckily, I figured out how to change it myself ($20 part, $100 to install at garage). Changing out the blower motor itself should fix the problem, but now, I don't drive very much.

Dependable, Work Horse

by Born Again Believer in Jesus Christ Acts 2:38 from Daly City, CA | September 7, 2011

I have heard so many negative things about American cars,, even my mechanic tells me to buy a toyota, or honda etc., my husband owns this car and it is more than 13 years old and it is a true work horse, we drive it everywhere it is a smooth and quiet rider, can't even hear the motor noise, very comfortable and roomy.. We love our American car...

got a bad deal

by need a new car from SC | July 23, 2010

bought this cAr used in 2006. It was in the shop 2 weeks after I purchased and has been in the shop constantly since then. I am djust now getting rid of this terror in my life. Oh yeah problems were: -we rebuilt tranny -replaced battery -replaced belts, hoses, shocks, struts, There is too much to list!! we have spent more money repairing the car than it is worth. And the biggest problem is that it has some sort of computer problem that no mechanic can figure out. It will not start after I turn it on and off four times in one day LOL. So I have to plan my days around that. Can't wait to be rid of this thing.

Just keeps on going........

by Cruiser from Toronto | March 13, 2008

Bought used in 2000 with 40KM. Now has 315KM on the original transmission and engine. Repairs have all been of normal wear and tear. It was our family car for 5 years and my daughter has been driving it since then. Huge comfortable interior and the biggest trunk I have seen. We have the ES version which has all the bells and whistles and the 3.2 engine. Iwould recommend this engine as I have heard of some problems with the smaller engine.

Great Deal!

by kb09 from Huntsburg, OH | July 18, 2006

Looks great and drives great. It would be a good first car or a run around car. Looks sporty and look fairly new. New transmission, runs like new.

Featured Services for this Dodge Intrepid