2003 Dodge Intrepid

2003 Dodge Intrepid

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

stay away from any intrepid fo matter what year

by deeder from michigan | February 26, 2014

by far the worst car I've ever had. the looks of the car last forever, however that is because you'll end up replacing every piece of the car. to cool the transmission the geniuses at dodge decided to run a line through the radiator to cool off the transmission fluid. well that line is made of cheap plastic and cracks under the pressure of the radiator, your transmission will act up slightly at first then when you check the fluid it will look like a strawberry milk shake. after this your transmission will blow out and leave you on the side of the road like it did me. after you replace that, and the camshaft sensor, and the crankshaft sensor. the heater will only work on full blast, once that is replaced its time for tires and the normal maintenance of a vehicle. try this, call a junkyard and ask how many transmissions the have for a 2.7l, then ask how many engines the have for it. you can see for yourself these cars are made to fall apart. save yourself and pick something else

2 and 1/2 year and no issues so far.

by Jokermx from Harrisburg PA. | September 14, 2011

I bouth my intrepid 2 and a 1/2 years ago with 106 k now it has 128 k and I've never been with a mechanic. I think it's a great family car.

A Good First Car

by NikoMackey from New Port Richey, Fl | March 16, 2011

Although I have some gripes with the performance, I am impressed at how well such a big car handles. I'm not a big fan of the powertrain; the 2.7 liter is weak and it takes a while for the car to register full-throttle. Every once in a while, my transmission takes extra rpms to change into second gear, almost feeling like it is about to stall. The steering is lazy too, making such a large car difficult to park and maneuver in parking lots. There are, of course, some pros to the hangling. The steering wheel offers great feedback, which is important for such a heavy front-wheel driver; when the front tires slip, I notice instantly. Although the handling may be garbage on a much smaller car, it feels feline-like on this behemoth. The Intrepid does handles like a lazy mid-size sedan, which is great considering its size. On the roads, I am quite confident behind the wheel, as long as I drive it like the full-size sedan that it is. Although the steering could be quicker, the ride height is low and the long wheelbase keeps the car planted. The interior is enormous. Three adults can sit comfortably in the back, despite the middle-seats obvious faults. The trunk is more than spacious, offering plenty of cargo room. I am not a big fan of the front seats, which do not offer lumbar support, which is almost necessary for someone like me. Another complaint is that I can't quite see all the in front of the hood, making parking guesswork. This car is great for traveling or people-hauling, as long as the driver is content with the seating. For city driving, much effort is needed. Although the car is not perfect, it is a good first car as long as gas is not a problem. As a young driver, I have the confidence and potential to push the car to its limits to gain precious experience in maneuvering such a large and lazy car. Driving the Intrepid leaves me more prepared for large or bad handling cars in the future as well as a pre-determined mastery of smaller and nimbler cars.

Great car minus poor gas mileage.

by Evora7 from StLouis/Illinois | February 8, 2011

Bought my 2003 Intrepid Se second hand. Has the 2.7L V6 Auto/OD. Doesn't run too bad - purchased with 104K mi on it, has 115K now. Dependable, but I'd definately look into purchasing an engine block heater .... cold starts are miserable. Solid running vehicle, haven't had any trouble with it so far - well apart from poor gas mileage; runs about 17/23.

BAD ENGINE

by car_fan7 from Chicago, IL | December 21, 2010

Whoever doesn't know that the Dodge Intrepid is a bad car, you don't know cars. These cars are really bad, the engine anyway, but if the engine doesn't work, why buy it. The engine will make a horrible knocking sound on the header. If you want a good running car, this isn't it. If you like the styling and are willing to replace the engine, go ahead.

Nearly 140,000 miles and still going strong.

by daves from Manchester NH | January 12, 2010

This car has impressed me with it's overall quality design and reliability. It's a car that just seems to do everything well and almost never complains. It is extremely roomy yet handles fantastic in hard corners. Mine has the 3.5 liter engine so its got plenty of power and still delivers good gas mileage. My only criticism of this car is that the engine is a bit noisy under hard acceleration and road noise is not as well managed as I'd prefer, but otherwise a great car and a real sleeper used car value.

"THE INTREPID"

by THE INTREPID from TACOLMA, WASHINGTON | May 27, 2008

This is the best full-sized 4-door sedan I every owned and driven. It has plenty of power for its size. I bought the car in VA and drove it down to GA and drove it to WA where I am stationed. Only problem I had was transmission went out at 91,000 miles. I had to get rebuilt. Couple of problems, but still the best car!

Great Car

by Bobby from Hampton, VA | November 17, 2006

I've loved my Intepid! It has been a fantastic car for me and my family. There is tons of room and it is very stylish. I tinted the windows and it made a big difference in the summer. We've taken it all over the east coastand its very comfortable.

Featured Services for this Dodge Intrepid