2004 Dodge Intrepid

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2004 SE

by Hmmmmmmmmmm from Pocatello, Idaho | July 5, 2014

. Bought my SE 3 years ago at 101,000 miles. Comfortable enough. Huge trunk. Stylish on inside and out. Some road noise. Loved it until it hit 110,000 miles (yes, I drove it only 9000 miles in three years) and then everything seemed to hit the fan. Starter is going (had that looked at by a mechanic who said that it had already been replaced once), needs new power steering pump, passenger window can only be controlled by driver (already had that fixed once), and sometimes speedometer doesn't work. Time to trade it off.

Only good for 150,000 miles

by Garlynne from Walnut creek, CA | November 28, 2013

When I read that some people have had their Intrepid's for over 400k miles I am quite shocked. Either they love the car so much and are willing to pay loads of cash to have them repaired, or they are fibbing. I bought my Intrepid in February of 04' and kept it till August of 2012. Starting in 2012 all of my problems erupted at once. All my belts needed replacing along with my Tie-rods, heating core, radiator, thermostat, water pump, valve body, etc. This amounted to over $4,000. Since I knew I couldn't sell the car for that much, I decided to ride it out until it died. At 154,000 miles it finally did. I have to admit that my total cost of ownership (.38 per mile) was very low and proved to be a sound economical choice. The car was reliable up until a point.

Love this car

by Little Miss Traveller from Toronto, Ontario | November 3, 2012

I bought this car to replace a van. I have never regretted buying this car. Not even once. Most reliable car I have had. Rarely put money into fixing it. Lots of space for me and passengers as well as plenty of cargo space. I work at trade and consumer shows. So cargo space is very important as well as comfort. No complaint there. This is one of my favourite cars that I have owned. Gas isn't so great, but not terrible.

Great car

by laura from Corona | June 11, 2012

Really happy about it. Had the SXT, sport car but gas saver at the same time. Really good look and performance. No problem with it.

Great handling car

by Dodge man from Clinton, Maryland | April 23, 2012

The performance and handling of this vehicle makes it a pleasure to drive. Acclerates quickly and handles the curves without leaning. Has a very secure feeling. Sports car handling while enjoying the room of a family sedan.

Would own more

by Dodgelvr from Washington, DC | March 28, 2012

Our Intrepid treated us very well, with only standard maint. it kept us going as our family grew we had no need to buy a different car. with the extremely large truck, large back seat and roomy front seats it is the best of both luxury and practicality. The only gripe we ever had was the cup holders are in a bad location and very close together and there are none for the back seat. in my book if the worst you can say about a car is it's cup holders then its a very good car!!!!

avoid like the plague

by stuck like chuck from Orlando | September 14, 2011

This is worst vehicle I have ever owned. Engine went at only 90k. Since its so common can't find one.

Junk cars are better

by hard worker from kissimmee,fl | June 13, 2011

I have had issues with my car for years. I have had the check engine light on for 5 years now and everytime i check it out all i get is that it could be one of 3 problems. the car still drove fine until my transmission went and i had to have mine rebuilt at a cost of more than 4 grand total. when one thing is fixed something else goes out. dont think i will ever get a dodge again

gets the job done

by rjn from connecticut | March 27, 2011

i agree with someone who previously mentioned putting el cheapo gas in this vehicle might trigger the check engine light and mess with the tranny a little. when i got this car all i have done is give it oil changes and put 93 gas in it. just for the heck of it i replaced the transmission fluid. 140k + miles and still going strong!

I love it

by NewDodgeFan from Dallas, TX | July 29, 2010

I bought my 04 Intrepid in 2006 with 58,000 miles on odometer. It is a reliable car that i've ever owned. In only 4 years, I've put 110,000 more miles on the odometer without any problems, except the routine maintenance. However, check the coolant outlet housing for leakage. I replace once in 2008 and change the Dex-Cool to regular greenish coolant. I like the performance and styling of this car, and it is still my good buddy on the roads everyday....

Featured Services for this Dodge Intrepid