2011 Dodge Journey

2011 Dodge Journey

Available in 9 styles:  2011 Dodge Journey 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Good for the money, but not best

by 2011 Journey Driver from Aberdeen, Maryland | June 11, 2014

We own a 2011. My wife views. Drives pretty good. Right size for everyday use. Has a sporty look. Gas mileage is average. My views. Transmission is awful. Shifts to the highest gear way too fast. Constantly having to downshift on the slightest of grades. Headrest from rear seats blocks view of rearview mirror. Creates serious blindspots. Best to remove them. Brakes (front & rear rotors and pads) wearout too quickly. Causes annoying vibrations when braking. Cost to replace front and rear rotors and pads from dealer, between $400 and $500. 3 replacements in 3 years.

Going Back to Chevrolet

by Unhappy Camper from Indianapolis, IN | August 21, 2013

Although I love the inside of my R/T and the options that came with it I am unhappy with the performance and the number of times I have had to have it serviced. This is my Dodge and will be my last. When I shift from reverse to drive it jerks and makes a noise (I am being told nothing is wrong with it). My back window gets stuck as I roll it up. My backup camera went out. I have had this vehicle for less than six months and it has seen servicing once a month for the last five months due to issues. Also for a V6 the pickup isn't that great. I have a certified 2011 DJ R/T purchased with 12k miles on it.

Great car....Dissappointing MPG

by journey from Brea, CA | November 2, 2012

I really have no problem with this car other than the miles per gallon. I have 4 kids who are very busy and the many storage compartments and convenient 3rd row are fantastic! We've had it for 2 years exactly and have had no real engine trouble. The only thing about this car that gets on my nerves is the MPG. I usually drive streets and I can't seem to get above 15 MPG no matter how I drive. My previous car was a Honda Element which gets awesome MPG so it's very frustrating. The highest MPG I ever got was 21 on a 500 mile camping trip we took last summer. If you value the money in your pocket book, you may want to look for a more fuel efficient SUV. But if you don't mind the extra trips to the pump, it's a great car.

Love it!

by travel lover from illinois | July 16, 2012

I have owned this vehicle for about 10 months and after the initial shock of switching from a Town and Country I am really happy with it. The bluetooth and touch screen are great. I had a hard time getting used to looking out the windshield at first, but worked it out after a couple months. The biggest minus I would say is the delay in "Pick Up" when you ask it to move out. I have the 3.6 engine. It gets about 20mpg in daily use with lots of short trips and in the 1000 mile trip to the beach it got 25mpg fully loaded with 5 people, cooler, etc. I would definitely purchase again.

perfect vehicle

by pico from WINDSOR ON. | May 1, 2012

I'VE HAD MY DODGE JOURNEY FOR A WEEK AND I LOVE EEVERYTHING ABOUT IT I GOT THE R/T RALLEY IN RED IT SURE IS AN EYE CATCHER YOU SIT HIGHER THAN OTHER SUV'S BUT NOT HARD TO GET IN THE NAV. IS THE BEST. CANT WAIT TO GO ON A LONG TRIP TO CALIFORNIA.CHRYSLER IS BUILDING BETTER CARS THAN BEFORE.

Lot of Car

by Bogz from Central Ma | March 19, 2012

Dodge did a great job with the remake of the Journey 2011. 2010 model is not even close. Lot of car for your money.

better than expected

by woodmark from athens, ga | December 18, 2011

I rented an SUV over T-giving. I expected a Chev Equinox but got a Journey. Pleasantly surprised with the handling, comfort, storage, gas mileage (avg 26 mpg). Put on over 1400 miles in a week. Handled various weather and terrain. Bottom line - would I buy one to keep for 5 yrs - no. Lease one - yes. My only complaint is fit and finish of some exterior body panels. For the right price it would be very useful. For me as a daily driver not so much.

Love my new Journey

by mel from Kansas City, MO | October 30, 2011

I love this car. Seven seater with plenty of room. I do wish it had better "pick up" when getting on highway.

let it snow!!!

by family man from madison,wi area | September 23, 2011

have journey awd v-6 model. enjoy great power,nice seats cargo area has decent room we have the 5-passanger version. love the big screen for info. Gas mileage is what you except for a 4000 lbs car with awd.

Great Trip Vehicle

by redtomatoman from New Mexico | July 19, 2011

I have had my Journey R/T for 1 month. Reliability is TBD. I have a 1991 Dakota with 212K on it and its still going strong. I suppose that influenced by purchase of the Journey. The exterior styling is right on. Strong muscle feel to the appearance like the other Dodge muscle vehicles (Charger, Challenger). The interior is to die for. Literally better than both an Acura and Mercedes that are owned by friends. The Uconnect is perfect, except that it does not allow me to play my iPod playlists. I can play all the songs but only by artist. Not a big deal. Phone, climate, audio, nav are all right on. The engine is strong. The Journey has muscle but its computer is tuned with MPG and not performance in mind. BUT, I have had my Journey up to over 100mph with two mountain bikes on the roof, and it didn't hesitate getting there either! Love the space. More space than all competitors that I drove. Gear? No problem. Great vehicle. Again, only had it for one month, but I am VERY happy with my purchase.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)