We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2012 Dodge Journey

2012 Dodge Journey
Available in 7 styles:  2012 Dodge Journey 4dr AWD shown

Overall

only car i didn't pick apart immediately.

by realtor moma from memphis | April 19, 2016

I bought this car right off the delivery truck at the dealer. It had one mile on the odometer. After four years of owning this car, and using it as a real estate vehicle I can say I have never owned a car that I didn't really find fault with. It is modern, comfortable and versatile. I have three teenagers and a husband and we comfortably drove to Florida from Memphis in it. and I have plenty of room with the seats down to haul real estate signs and flyer boxes. the only issue in four years was the dash screen went out and had to be replaced. My husband doesn't like the wide door posts and says that it has too many blind spots. i can deal with that knowing it has so many airbags. I feel like that's because he is used to a backup camera on his dodge caravan. the pick up is a little slow for city driving, but once in traffic, handles well. I do love my Journey and have no plans to upgrade as of now even after 4 years.

Paint falling off

by Dave from Tampa, Florida | December 28, 2015

I dont know if I got a bad one but the paint above the rear tire started falling off and it appears there are no primer under the paint, maybe in this area? or maybe the whole car? my car is not under warranty at this time but I am asking Dodge to fix this and waiting on a response, I will update later.Also my palstic had busted in the instrument panel

Roomy car

by Semilla-Monica Ann from San Antonio, TX | September 17, 2015

We were looking for the right size to fit our active family. So far so good. We love that the kids can easily get in and out of the third row seats and if we choose to allow them to control the a.c. knobs then they can control it on their own. Only down side is no bluetooth, but we'll figure out a way around listening to our music I'm sure. User friendly as well as far as finding out any and all functions going on with our vehicle inside and out. We're hoping to continue to enjoy our purchase.

awesome suv

by jay from edmonton,alberta,canada | August 11, 2015

i have 2012 journey rt .i am driving journey for more than 3 years now i am living here in edmonton alberta and all knows our winters are very challenging it last for more then six months. and in these six months our normal temperature ranges between -20 digrees to -40 digrees.so we use show tires for six months and we need remote starters to start our cars 10 to 15 minutes prior to our trip. my journey never miss a single command coming from the remote starter every time it starts either the temperature is -22,-28,-31 or -40. and i never face any problem regarding the door locks. i love my journey.

Car was good value for the money but no power

by Joeyig from San Jose, CA | August 1, 2015

I bought the 2012 SE model Journey brand new and liked it at first but it has an antiquated 4 speed automatic, and a pretty large 4 cylinder engine that has small numbers for hp and torque. Struggles to get up hills. one day I was putting down the sun visor and it fell into my lap. The passenger seat side plastic part broke thank god it was under warranty.

great car except......

by 2012 Journey owner from Savannah, GA | February 20, 2015

bought the journey new in 2012 & it's all in all been great. moved from florida to Georgia and with some cooler to colder weather started having problems with the clicker not unlocking the doors. so I used the key - no biggie. clicker unlocking doors is still intermittent, but I've noticed that the colder it is the less the clicker works. now today, at 28 degrees, the clicker is in the car with me & after buying gas the car can't detect that the FOB is there so the car won't start. I locked & unlocked the doors several times, opened & closed doors, "warmed" the FOB up in my hand & pocket for about 5 minutes and yahoo....it was again detected. Don't wanna be stuck in the cold with a car that won't start but we'll see how it goes.

Fan Bleepin Tastic Car

by Fun Driving from Wheeling, West Virginia | August 30, 2013

Wow did I get lucky, I bought it new in May of 2013 BRAND NEW leftover 2012 model. Love this vehicle, bought the V-6 Crew, I'm 6'2" and the seats are great, they conform at the right areas by that I mean the power seats work in so many directions it easy to get comfy. The motor has a lot of power and the 6 speed slap shifter is a must if you drive in and around the mountains and city. Also YEAAA THE BACK WINDOWS GO ALL THE WAY DOWN !!!! Great Car DODGE

New 2012 SE

by New Journey Owner from Chicago | April 11, 2013

We had a 2007 Saturn VUE and wanted to get something a bit bigger with more comfort, with a 3rd row, and yet keeping similar gas mileage. I sat and drove a Pilot and didn’t like the feel, too much like a truck and too boxy. We saw the 2013 Journey at an Auto show and loved it. We did a ton of research and found that the 2011, 2012, and 2013 were all basically the same. We then drove several 2011 and 2012 models. We found a used 2012 SE and purchased it. We love it. It’s very comfortable in the 1st and 2nd rows, nice room in the 2nd row and plenty of 3rd row room for a 4 year old. He loves sitting back there. There are so many standard features. Keyless entry, remote start, cooler storage in the 2nd row (haven’t used it yet), MPG tracking, heated mirror, illuminated cup holder, Ipod and MPG connections, easy to use touch screen for the radio, climate, etc and much much more. It’s great. I did have a hard time deciding on the V4 vs. the V6. The V6 is quieter and gets better reviews, but we went with a V4 model. I have no complaints. It has enough pick up for highway travel with no issues. We are getting great gas mileage too. 1st tank we averaged 23.5, the 2nd tank 25.5. Take note that the maintenance does suggest to change the spark plugs every 32K miles. (not on the V6) I will miss the automatic lights. I have to get used to turning them on again, but no big deal there. Yes, with the 3rd row up it is difficult to see out the back, but the side mirrors work just fine. It’s way to early to tell how reliable it will be. Hopefully it will be as good as our VUE, which had no problems over 6 years. So far could not be happier and would recommend it.

end of yr sale

by dipstick from frankfort il | March 25, 2013

picked up this 2012 sxt 3.6 FWD for 6500 off sticker and not disapponited. 8.4'' screen, upgraded alpine sat radio, LED interior/exterior lighting and 3rd row seat. great ride and plenty of power if needed.

great family vehicle

by Jen35 from Shelbyville, IN | March 24, 2013

So pleased with my Dodge Journey Mainstreet. It has a lot of impressive features. I feel very comfortable in it. My 4 Children also love it.