2013 Dodge Journey

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very Dissapointed

by 2013 Dodge Journey Arizona Owner from Phoenix, AZ | July 1, 2014

I bought the 2013 Dodge Journey in November 2012. I thought it was the best vehicle I have ever owned, up until a couple of months ago. My check engine light came on and I took it in and they said there was a leak in the seal of the gas cap, so they order and installed a new one. Not even a week later my check engine light came on again, they said there was a vacuum leak. I took it back a couple more times for the same reason with in a couple of weeks. This last time the dealership had it they had it for 2 weeks and when I got it back they said they fixed the problem. Well 3 days later my check engine light came back on. I called and was told that they have to contact Crysler and find out what they are supposed to do for me, that was a week ago and no response. Very frustrating.

So Far So Good

by First Time Chrysler Buyer from Canada | April 27, 2014

I bought a 2013 Ddoge Journey for my wife. Her previous two cars were Vovlos. She wanted a vehicle where she sat a little higher and had a 3rd row seat for the grandchildren. I did a fair amount of research and test drove most of the popular SUV's with my wife and she decided on the Journey. In our minds the Journey was the best value for the moneyy. We have put just over 6,000 miles on it and have had no problems. The fuel consumption was a little heavy at the beggining but is getting better. We have the 6 cylinder Pentastar engine. The Uconnect system in the Journey was the easiest one to use of all the SUVs we tested. I'll report back at 10,000 miles

Leaky Car

by Concerned Consumer from Danville, KY | February 8, 2014

My father bought a new 2013 Dodge Journey in July 2013. In November the car had it first leak. Lot of water ran through the ceiling and down the sides of the interior and collect inside the hatch. At least an inch or more of water was settled in the back end mixing with the wiring and sensors of the car. The service department tore the car apart 3 times to fix the leak. Now the back end of the hatch has scratched parts inside and the headliner replaced 3 times has dirty hand prints all over. Chrysler has not been helpful to my parents who are older and this issue has been stressful to them to say the least. It took a representative about a month to come look at the car and he said it was fixable and doesn't want to replace the vehicle. In extreme cases as this, Chysler/Dodge should quickly take care of the problem and replace the car. Until Chrysler takes care of this matter, I have nothing nice to say.

The right car for us....

by YellowDuck from Guelph ON Canada | January 27, 2014

We wanted something with decent luggage space, AWD, some towing capacity, and preferably with occasional-use 3rd row seating. We weren't really considering Dodge because of the poor interiors in past models, but then we drove a Fiat Freemont (same car as the Journey) in Italy and were impressed. We were also cross-shopping the Nissan Pathfinder but ultimately got put off by all of the reports of issues with the CVT. I see the Dodge Journey as kind of a poor-man's XC-70. Our Journey is loaded and we just love all of the features - keyless entry, remote start, automatic lights, automatic dual zone climate control, rearview camera, satellite radio, nav, rear DVD - just every gizmo imaginable and easy to use through the 8.4" screen with UConnect. Heated leather seats (and steering wheel!) are nice and the car is very quiet. Too bad they can't replicate Nissan's massive sunroof - the one in the Journey is a bit small. All optioned up this car after discounts was in the $36k range (Canada, before tax) so that is not cheap, but you sure get a lot for that money. We only have 1000 km on it so far so reliability is an unknown, but it sure is doing well getting us through this very snowy winter. Perfect car for us! Only real complaint is that the fancy optional "pearl white" paint is not well colour-matched - the plastic bumper covers are very noticeably darker than the rest of the car. Doesn't bother me much but some folks might be annoyed by that. Order a different colour if you are fussy about such things.

Couldn't be happier with Dodge vehicles

by Happy Grandma from St Paul, MN. | November 15, 2013

This is my 3rd Dodge vehicle and I have loved them all. Had a 2008 Dodge Caliber but needed more room for the grandkids so I got a Journey and am thrilled. Just wish it had heated seats like my Caliber. Cold winter Minnesota months!

loser of a car

by Journeyloser from | October 25, 2013

This car is not what i expected in a new car. It's been in the shop 8 times with transmission problems. Found out it had issues before it was even sold to me. Don't get me wrong, the car looks great and drives really good,but it has less the 7000 miles on it and in the shop 8 times?. Come on Chrysler step up and replace this car.

I love that this is my Second Journey

by Lady Di from Ft. Myers, FL | October 1, 2013

I have always enjoyed driving a car like the Journey that has met my needs. I owned a 2009 Journey and recently purchased a 2013. It performs so well and is just the right size and love the design.

Good car

by James from Little rock Arkansas | September 21, 2013

24000 miles good car drives good after an x wife and hitting a deer car has taken a beating. The car runs great uses no oil and will get 26 miles per gallon. Car has no slack in steering, brakes work great! Minor repairs!

QUIETEST SUV I'VE EVER DRIVEN

by BETTER THAN MY CRV from BELLEFONTAINE, OH | September 17, 2013

HAD A HONDA CRV, ACTUALLY HAD 2 OF THEM, AND LOVED THE CAR BUT THEY WERE NOISEY. THEY RODE DECENT, BUT WERE JUST A LITTLE CHEAP AND FLIMSY. SO I BOUGHT A NEW DODGE JOURNEY LUX AWD V6. YOU CAN ACTUALLY WHISPER TO SOMEONE AT 60 MPH AND THEY CAN HEAR YOU. THE DOOR PANELS ARE NICE QUALITY AND THE SEAT LEATHER IS NICE. LOVE THE INFORMATION CENTER THIS IS TOP NOTCH. ONLY COMPLAINTS ARE NEED THE FRONT OF THE BUCKETS TO HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. THE BRAKES HAD TO BE REPLACED AT 50K AND THE ALTERNATOR WENT OUT AT 51K BUT THEY DID A 50-50 WITH ME ON THAT AND I WAS "OK" WITH THAT. I GET ABOUT 25 HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 21 COMBINED. HAD A BUICK RAINER THAT GOT ONLY 16 SO I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I HAVE BEEN A CAR SALESMAN FOR 34 YEARS( MOSTLY TOYOTA AND HONDA) SO I KNOW CARS AND THIS IS A NICE RIDE FOR THE MONEY.

Nice car

by Joe from Mount Morris, NY | August 16, 2013

I traded my Buick Lucerne on this car this week, and I love it so far. This is saying something, because Buick builds a nice car, and I liked mine a lot. I just needed more room, and the Journey gives that to me in spades. I bought the base-model and it is a great-looking, nice riding and handling car, and I couldn't beat the price after Chrysler incentives. Yea, the 4-cylinder engine is a bit doggy and loud under heavy acceleration, but I appreciate the slightly better gas mileage. I love driving it, as it handles tightly and of course you sit higher in a cross-over. So far, I am very pleased with my purchase.