2014 Dodge Journey

Starting MSRP

Overall

Always an issue

by Mad Mom from Statesboro, GA | May 10, 2015

I had a 2013 Journey for 16 months...only to find out that it had a loose left front drive axle and it hurt the car. I needed my car, so I traded it for a 2014 Journey. at 4.5 months old, it had to have a left strut replaced. It rattles, the dash goes black sporadically when you brake, and now, at 14 months old, has an emissions issue. I will never buy another Dodge.

Worth a Test Drive

by Happy in Michigan from | April 5, 2015

I bought my new 2014 Dodge Journey last August. I have the stx, 2.4 liter, five passenger and front wheel drive model. I have put 5,900 miles on it so far and have had zero problems whatsoever. This was not my first choice of car as I wanted something sportier but my Dodge Journey has been more than I had hoped for in a car. It drives so very smoothly with one exception. If I drive with JUST the back windows open, the inside rattles and there is a very loud, fast continuous thumping sound. It goes away if you have only the front windows down or all four windows down. That is the ONLY fault I have found. My Journey is the best deal for a new car that I have found. The interior is incredible. Sure there are two speedometers, one digital and one regular which seems an overkill but the touch screen and sound system are fantastic. It took me some time to get used to the push button starter but even that has become nice to have. If you are looking for a new SUV or crossover, the Dodge Journey is worth a test drive.

My wife likes it

by Pat from North West Indiana | March 19, 2015

We have the v6 AWD. I am not thrilled with it. Yes it has power, but more than necessary. Most of the controls are buried in the electronic display. Forgive me, but when I'm driving I don't want to wade through menus trying to change something when my eyes and attention should be on the road. The dash has a nice sized speedometer and tach. Then in between is this large digital readout. Why? wasn't the two analogue gages good enough? The console is wide and can't be moved. That makes it difficult to do up the seat belt. This all leaves a cramped feeling. The seats feel light and unpadded but are more comfortable than they appear. Would have liked more lumbar support. The seat belt doesn't cut my neck. Leg room is good. It is a good thing there are roof racks. Using the rear seat and there is no room left for anything. in the back. The middle seats are for youths. The rear seats are for little children.

I love my Journey

by Traveler from Sparta, Tennessee | February 9, 2015

So Far I absolutely love Journey. I have had it for about 3 months. I went from a Grand Caravan and Grand Am to the Journey. Don't miss the Grand am at all and only miss the little extra room in the Caravan. Has plenty of Power with the 3.6 6 speed Auto with manual. If something where to happen to it I would go get another one. very pleased and I am very picky very picky!! when it comes to a car.

Almost 20,000 miles and zero problems

by Former Toyota and Chysler Owner from Baltimore, MD | November 20, 2014

I bought this vehicle new last March and have driven it close to 20,000 miles. I learned how to drive in Manhattan (New York City). I am not easy on my vehicles. So far, I have no problems to report. Engine, brakes, transmission all are working as they did the day I took possession of it. The vehicle handles well and rides very smoothly. Its exterior and interior design is excellent, particularly compared to previous Chrysler and Dodge models. My only problem with the vehicle is relatively poor gas mileage with the larger engine. But I knew about that issue when I bought it. All in all, I have found it a very good value for the money, so far.

Extremely good SUV value

by Retired from Oklahoma City,OK | October 19, 2014

My 2014 Journey Crossroad is the third Journey I have purchased since Dec 2011. I chose the crossroad mainly for the external appearance, and am very satisfied. The 4 cylinder is slightly underpowered, but a compromise for the mileage. It is an extremely good highway vehicle, very easy to drive. Actually, my only real complaint is the quality of Dodge dealerships in my area - if I only could avoid any contact with them. Don't guess Dodge would develop a direct sales program?

Problems, problems, problems

by Frustrated with journey from Florida | September 4, 2014

Bought the 2014 Dodge Journey brand new and now only have 6,000 miles on it after 8 months. Check engine light has come on 3 times and now the screen goes out sporadically when applying brakes. Two visits to the service department for this latest issue and they think it's the screen so will need to schedule a third visit. Plan on going back to ford and regret this purchase.

Looks and handles nice when it isn't in the shop

by Big sexy from Myrtle beach, sc | August 22, 2014

I bought a new 2014 journey 2.4L 4 spd trans for reliability and better fuel mileage than my old truck for my family. While the roominess and fuel mileage met my expectations reliability has not. I have just over 6000, yes 6k, on the odometer and had my check engine light on for a Sensor that went bad at 4000 miles and now it has been in the shop for over a week having the transmission rebuilt. If I knew I was gonna have these problems with a new vehicle I would have just gotten a used SUV and worried about the repairs myself. Chrysler quality has gone down the tubes big time. I wish it was a better vehicle. Because I am a fairly big guy 6'3" 300 lbs but for a small SUV I am very comfortable in it.

My Journey

by The Golfer from Aberdeen N.C | July 21, 2014

I traded my saturn in at the dodge dealer expecting to get a dodge ram truck. But I test drove some other vehicles and the journey was great for the grandchildren, And the comfort is really nice. The vehicle is very tight know noice very smooth ride. This journey has the 4 cylinder has alot of power I dont gun it and race like my younger years. I have about 300 miles on it at this time I am very pleased with the journey so far.

Extremely Happy with my 2014 Dodge Journey

by Frederick from Brooklyn Park, MN | June 25, 2014

The choice to purchase this vehicle was excellent!!! 2014 Dodge Journey Limited AWD w/ 3rd row seat Stylish/Comfort/Technology/Roominess/Performance/Storage Elegant Tan Leather Seating/Heated Seats & Steering Wheel/Sound and Cruise controls convenient/Extra storage in floors of passenger and cargo area. The only thing it lacked when purchased was trailer towing pkg., Got a class three with instillation & wiring $ 400.00. This vehicle out-shined Ford, Buick, GM and Chevrolet Combined Rebates and Discounts $ 8,000.00 Chevrolet/GMC/Buick could not even be driven because of recalls... Dealer couldn't allow test drv. Ford Grossly Over Priced... My Dodge Journey out performs all of them and far less money than the others. Only negative is fuel economy, but the others were the same...