2005 Dodge Magnum

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Dodge Magnum 4dr RWD Wagon shown

Overall

2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD

by Cappy from Wilmington Illinois | October 31, 2014

I love my Magnum, she is roomy, stylish, fast, and she is fantastic in the winter. And you can haul pretty much anything you want

It's a shame...

by Jepstr67 from Minnesota | January 8, 2014

that they don't make these new any more! This is a great versatile vehicle. For those of us who hate both minivans and sedans, the magnum is just what the Dr. Ordered. With AWD this is as sure footed as an SUV and with the lower center of gravity, actually much safer in icy conditions. It is roomy and comfortable with extra capacity for long items like boards and pipes. I was even able to bring home a chair and ottoman in the back one day. The 3.5 V6 has plenty of power if you are looking for a little added MPG. I average in the low 20s. I've had 2 of these. The previous one had the 2.7 V6 which did get 26 MPG. However, it was not available paired with the AWD option I wanted for Minnesota winters. The car is very reliable even in sub zero cold. (-25f) Long story short, if they made new ones, I go to the dealer and order one.

2006 Dodge Magnum

by without a nickname from Vermont | November 3, 2013

I recently bought a 2005 SXT. It has 44k miles and I paid 10k dollars for it. I average right at 20 mpg. It is very roomy I really like: the comfort, space and styling. The cons are: it is sluggish - despite it's muscular appearence - and the transmission is sometimes clunky. Because these don't particularly bother me I don't see them as significant negatives. Mine is a base model and so the actual seat could be more comfortable. I've had additional padding installed in the driver's seat (the cost was $100) I am eager to experience it's 4 wheel drive through a Vermont winter I am also eager to experience what its reliability will be

Station Wagon on Steroids

by KIm from Maine from Hollis Center, Maine | September 27, 2013

I love my Magnum. I only have the SE edition but I was looking for the looks without the gas consumption. I too have had to replace the front suspension, but over all it's a great car. One other thing that happened was that the speakers in the front doors fell down inside the door so I've got to have them replaced. It's black so it's got that devilesh look to it. My son has to tried to buy it off me for years.. It has 135,000 on it and I'm hoping for another 100,000. I recover boat seats so the back has been a great help. I wish Dodge still made them. I'd buy another.. I've had this one since 2007.

Satisfied used car owner

by Muscle car enthusiast from Cherry Hill NJ | June 30, 2013

Cars.com really help narrow down dealerships with the selected car I was looking for, the convenience to travel to and the price that fit my budget. Plus a dealership I could trust, thank you sincerely.

Reliable Car

by Bryan with a 'Y' from Salinas, CA | March 15, 2013

I bought my 2005 Dodge Magnum in Aug 2005. I have 352,000 miles, YES, thats correct. Every 100,000 miles I change out the timing belt, water pump ect... This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I drive for a living and used the vehicle most of the time driving all over California. Very comfortable car. Some have complained about blind spots, but ya just need to know how to adjust the mirriors just right. My only complaint is the cargo space is a lil tight. hard to get luggage and A GOLF BAG in there at the same time. thats my only complaint. I am, unfortunately going to sell my baby, but with all the highway miles it will be a great car for a high school or college student or anybody... it even has the original windshield...

Excellent Vehicle

by Magnum Enthusiast from Edmonton, Canada | March 10, 2013

I bought my 2005 AWD RT brand new in 2004 (from the serial number, it was about the 20th AWD RT off the assembly line) and I'm still using it as my daily driver. It now has over 130,000 miles (210,000 km) on it, and I've had almost zero issues with it. Fantastic power, an amazing highway cruiser, lots of room, and looks great. In AWD trim, this thing is a tank that will get through anything in the winter, and far better than my wife's AWD Yukon Denali. The only downside is the less than stellar gas mileage, but you can't have everything. I would wholeheartedly recommend this car to anyone.

reliable car

by wibatu from Milwaukee,WI | January 7, 2013

good service, was very good on Internet description off car we was looking, absolutely recommend to buy a car from this dealership.

Great car!

by MiaG from Boston, MA | July 10, 2012

My dad bought me my Magnum R/T as my first car and, initially, I wasn't too thrilled with a station wagon. But over the years I've come to love my wagon. The power delivery is excellent and I've come to appreciate the space this car provides now that I'm married with two young kids. It's a big car but not so big that I can't parallel park it here in Boston. The fuel economy is less than desireable on this car, which truly is its only down-side. I'v held on to this car for five years and I intend to keep it for another five if possible!

2005 Dodge magnum SE

by former dodge lover from Chicago, IL | May 4, 2012

I'll start by saying that this still is the coolest looking car on the road. BUT if you arent going to go for the sxt or better DONT BOTHER. I bought my 05 with 60,000 miles and by 65K I had already dumped nearly $1,000 into this thing. The front suspension is GARBAGE! Three sets of tie-rod ends and upper and lower control arms in 5000 miles is unacceptable. not to mention rack and pinion, wheel hub assemblies, countless sensors, EGR valve twice. Come on Dodge put a little pride in your vehicles not just the models sporting your gas hungry HEMIS!!!!! Oh and whoever had the idea to put a 2.7L engine into a 5000+ lb car should be shot I need to shave after my 0-60 time. Anyone who tells you the SE model is a good car hasnt got to 63000 miles yet.

Featured Services for this Dodge Magnum