2008 Dodge Magnum

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Dodge Magnum 4dr RWD Wagon shown

Overall

Great choice

by demodregon from | April 2, 2012

I just drove from el paso to austin and back, then to odessa and back, and it was one of the most comfortable trips in a car i have ever driven. the deal from the dealer was great, aside from the "as is" clause, but a great deal nonetheless. The response from the site was spot-on. I put in the request and had a response within 24 hours, and an offer within 4 days. I will be using this site again if I choose to purchase another vehicle.

I like

by Mommy Magnum from Minnesota | November 15, 2011

I like the room in the interior. I do not like that the flashers stay on even after you turn, you have to manually turn them off. i dont like the fact that there aren't over head lights on the interior that light the whole car, there are some in the front and some by the doors in the back seat, that is not enough lighting. I also do not like that there aren't more heating vents in the back. These are all minor the major dislike is no awd, which would have cost a few thousand more to purchase. Overall I am happy with the car, it seems safe.

Muscle Car with utility

by Muscle Car for Dad from Noblesville,IN | October 4, 2011

I bought Magnum after owning many SUV's, a sports sedan and a crossover. This car has performance, a great sounding engine and you can fit the dog, 2 kids and your wife! I get as many compliments on the Magnum as I do for my Ragtop Mustang GT. With cylinder deactivation Fuel economy is good on the highway at about 22 but subpar around town at 15. It probably doesn help that I use the 0-60 automatic timing feature standard on the RT. The all wheel drive handles well for performance and in poor weather conditions. The fit and finish is typical mediocre Dodge type stuff ( if you are familiar with imports tighter gaps, softer materials and less rattles). However there is no import that looks, sounds or has the utility of an RT AWD Magnum. They should've never cancelled the model as those of that have the unique look, fun and practicality they offer over almost anything.

going to get me in trouble

by Weapon_X from Salida CA | July 7, 2011

Got the car about a month ago from carmax which was the the biggest mistake of the whole deal...... However I love the car very quiet ride and there are no creeks or rattles to speak of. We got the 08 R/T mainly because of the interior change. The cruise control lever is in a much better spot then the 05 to 07 models. Also the interior is much more refined and more thought out then the older ones. The Hemi is very nice has great power but i'm not a big fan of the lifter noise. Everyone says its a normal noise for a Hemi. its just kinda annoying when its idling. If anybody is thinking of an exaust system i put magnaflow dual exh. on mine and it just sounds wicked at hi RPM's but not so great when the mds kicks in. But i hear it sounds alot better then the flowmasters. The magnum has a very smooth ride, and good brakes for such a big car. overall i would highly recommend this car to anyone with a new family, its got lots of storage room :)

Bring it Back!!!!!

by MoparGuy from Orlando | May 14, 2009

This is a car that Dodge should not have let go, it has SUPER GREAT LOOKS, handling, performance, and utility. They only need to add backup sensors and up improve it quality. There is only 2 other cars on the road that can be tricked out as much as this car, The 300 and Charger. Toyota is even building a station wagon, but it is no where as Good looking, or performs as good as the Magnum. Bring it back, base on the new Chrysler 200C platform, just modify the rear view and a contoured waist a little, with the same engine options.

My Lowrider

by Starchild5477 from Watsonville, CA | February 28, 2009

I love my Magnum. I bought mine used due to the fact it was a rental. It came with 22" Boss rims and lo profile tires which gave it a style that caught my eye and my sons heart. I enjoy the ride and it is so comfortable on the freeway. I agree the turn signals are not in view due to the cruise stick being in the way which makes it hard to tell if they r on or if the check engine light comes on. The V6 has very little power and when I need power I have to put it in low gear to power away fast. I wish I had bought the V8 but gas mileage is important to me with my commute. The rims and tires I have give it a style I enjoy and could not see driving on anything else. I see others that lower the car and I believe the ride is severely affected negatively even though it looks good.

Sublime! Glad I got the last one.

by Mirada81 from San Francisco | February 22, 2009

This car performs so well, it's totally satisfying each time I drive it. Bought an RT w/road & track pkg. Stamp on the gas and the car just blasts off. And the braking is just as strong. The highway ride is very quiet and stable. Recieving 25+ mpg hwy 13 city. The MiGig system is fantastic, and can't do without the Uconnect. Zero mechanical problems. Only three lows. The shallow windshield makes it difficult to see traffic signals. The dashboard turn signal indicators are too small and poorly located. And the Zenon headlights are not adjustable. The last of the line, production ended 3/08.

Great Car

by Gatorbob from Melbourne, Fla. | December 13, 2008

I love Station Wagons and this is almost that. Good road car and fun to drive. The SXT is not high on the "Bells and Whistles", but enough to make it comfortable.

MPG Disapointment

by Angel Fan from Riverside, Ca. | August 2, 2008

I bought the 2.7L V6 thinking it would be the best choice for good MPG's but so far my avg. is around 20mpg. Setting that aside, the car grabs the attention of the young and older generations. Very comfortable and fun to drive.

Cumbersome

by Weekly renter from NY,NY | March 27, 2008

I rented this car in Salt Lake City Utah, where I was able to experience how this car handled in a variety of conditions, from mountain roads, highways, and city streets with long blocks. While I like station wagons, I didn't like this car. The biggest thing about this car is its size. Both in weight (4950 lbs) and length, this car is really big. This translates to scary braking and handling. I was really scared by how much braking force it took to stop this vehicle. Gradually stopping the vehicle required heavy braking pressure. It is difficult to gauge where this car ends, both in the front and the back, so parking and backing up is a little difficult. The most annoying thing was the turn signal/wiper stalk. It was very stiff once set to signal in one direction and getting it to move back to the neutral took way too much force. In the long run, I bet drivers would just stop signaling their turns and lane changes. Also, the wiper control is on the left (on the same stalk), where many manufacturers put headlight controls. On the roads up the mountains it was ok, but not good. It was slow going up hill because of the weight and hard to slow down on the way down because of the same reason. It didn't accelerate as quickly as I imagined it would on the highway, but since it's hard to stop, that's probably better I was surprised that I averaged 19-20 mpg in mostly highway driving. At least it's still better than an comparable sized SUV. Cargo space was pretty good. Shorter skis fit in the rear cargo area diagonally. Longer skis went from under the front seat diagonally up to the rear cargo area.

Featured Services for this Dodge Magnum