See Also: 2003 Dodge Neon

29 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Average Car

by Daily Driver Man from | January 6, 2011

Everyone says Neon's are junk or unreliable, but honestly its just because everyone has one. Good Car

Neon Red

by Neon Red from Corona, CA | December 29, 2010

I have owned this car since it was brand new. It has never given me problems. If my husband will agree with me, I want to replace our Caravan with another Neon.

very reliable

by car lover from saratoga,ny | October 11, 2010

We have had a neon sense 2001, loved. Only needed your minor repairs. It was time to get another car so we got another neon.

This is not a Neon!

by CJ from | August 8, 2010

Its funny how all the regular Neon owners seem to be reviewing this car. No where on this car, body panels, interior or even on the engine block, will you find the word Neon. The SRT4 was built for one thing, performance. 270 HP stock, Viper seats, 0-60 in less than 6 seconds - all stock! Dodge built this car to be upgraded by the tuner crowd, even selling upgrade computers, fuel injectors, suspensions, gauges. This guy obviously has installed many of these upgrades and according to his post has taken really good care of this car. If you are going to review something, make sure you know what you are talking about. Calling this car a Neon is like calling a TransAm a Pacer!

Problem Vehicle

by Krash from Chicago, IL | May 22, 2010

I bought my 2003 Dodge Neon brand new. I've owned the car now for 7 years and I have experienced nothing but problems with my car. I've had to replace the transmission twice, I've had to replace the gas caps on it three times, and the car has had multiple other problems. It constantly stalls and sputters. The only positive thing I can say about this car is it has a great fuel capacity. I average about 32 MPG, and on the long road trips that is very helpful. As far as overall comfort of this vehicle; if you are one whom drives long distances, this car is extremely uncomfortable. The seat design will leave your back in feeling stiff and sore even well after your drive. As far as the heating and cooling goes; it's either too hot or too cold in these cars. There is no comfortable temperature. Another problem with this car is the overall design. The car has quite a few blind spots on it, which makes it really hard to see out of the side windows even. If you need a car that has pick up, the neon is NOT for you. It takes forever for this car to get from 0-60, and once you are there, expect the drive to be extremely uncomfortable. The only other positive thing about this car is the ability to turn well. Other than that, the Neon has been probably one of the worst investments I have made.

Love th3 car

by dev from Cleveland | May 21, 2010

I love this car. i bought it from thedealership and nothing has gone wrong with it in over 3 years! The only problem with it now is some guy with a trailer hitch backed into my car in a parking lot and left a nive dent in my hood... but hoods are cheap, so ill get another one. BUY ONE YOULL LOVE IT!!!!

LOVE IT

by Scooz from Edwardsville, IL | January 21, 2010

this car is amazing. any Neon is great, so reliable, great size, great on gas, never acts up, perfect.

Watch out for the transmission!

by 6-Year Owner-UGH! from So Cal | September 28, 2009

We bought our Neon 2 years used in 2004 and loved it until we made it to 45K miles. It began to sputter, sometimes stalling, which it still does today. But at 51K miles, when the warranty expired at 50K, the tranny went out. We, and even the mechanic at the dealership, had to battle for a replacement despite being only 1,000 miles over. It does handle turns well though, and is fun to drive, but being a mom now, I don't think that's such a great perk anyways! At this point we can hardly wait to get a new car and recycle this one for the metal, lol.

baby it

by ncdano from burlington,nc | September 10, 2009

Everything but reliability is fair to good.My dodge goes thru tranny chips and cam sensors every year or 2.And of course having to replace the gas cap every year.I also have an old 94 sentra with 190,000 miles,I flip a coin on which is more reliable

Very Reliable Car & I Recomend It

by "Hit the Road" from Florida | April 19, 2009

Over 61,000 Miles and looks new...runs excellent...Thanks God for this car at this price. Very good performance with 6 years of continue use and still saving fuel and maintenance cost.

Featured Services for this Dodge SRT4