See Also: 2005 Dodge SRT4

29 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Why Buy Japanese?

by SickRick from Ulster Co., NY | June 19, 2013

Bought mine new in '04. Has 144K now. Absolutely zero problems, better than a Swiss watch! Comfortable, quick, great brakes and handling, economical, everything a compact should be. And, maybe best of all: Built in Belvidere, Illinois, USA!

Neon found at cars,com

by NeonFan from St. Joseph, MO | February 26, 2013

I am absolutely thrilled that a coworker gave me the cars.com website when I told her I love my 1997 Neon (my husband's driving it, now) and I wanted to buy a newer one. It took only minutes to search for and find exactly what I wanted at cars.com! I saved time and gas money and I love my newer Neon. I drove straight to the dealer who had the car I wanted and drove it home! WOW Woody's in Chilicothe, Missouri is AWESOME!!!

Worse car ever

by lynzze from ionia, MI | October 5, 2012

cheaply made. power windows only in front made from cheap plastic, no cruise control. Just poor car was hoping for better from dodge.

was wonderfull until I found out about poor saftey

by poor safety from new york | April 2, 2012

Well I bought this car in 2005.I loved it.How ever the back window you have to crank to open. That is a little lame. So any way I took this car every where. But one day something changed my mind about it.I decided to watch a crash safety video um about the neon and when I watched it I almost fainted.Thats because of the side rating. The side rating was poor the lowest rating they give.I wished I checked that before I got the car.All this happend feb 2012.I wanted to get a new one because I knew saftey was better now.I did not know that dodge neons where taken out of production in 2005. So in the end I decided I would get a dodge not to defferent from a neon. So I got a 2012 dodge advenger.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by srt fella from Northern VA | March 15, 2012

I bought my black 2005 SRT4 completely stock with 32k miles on it. Now it's 70k and I have to tell you what a fantastic TRUE AMERICAN car it is. The only improvements I've made are: very thick rear progress bar and complete urethane suspension. These contribute to great handling and don't sacrifice comfort. For interior I've had professionally installed leather on a dashboard and leather and alcantara on my steering wheel with dark blue stitches. Everybody loves it and wants to touch them. I also have complete noise isolation for my 4 doors and a great sound system installed with 2 small boston subs on a back shelf. For better night vision I have expensive bi-xenon projectos 4300k. And LEDS for back lamps. As for reliability - I've NEVER had any repair done (remember, it's 70k miles on it now). I use only the best sparks, filters and fully synthetic expensive oil and never miss regular service intervals, though. My overall impressions from this absolutely stunning vehicle are: the interior is very spacious ( so as the trunk - it is remarkably big) and it doesn't feel cheap. Those seats are exceptional and materials on them are very strong and don't tear and wear at all if you take care of them. The sunroof is huge and looks like a panoramic roof, too. Handling and cornering are excellent and trust me, sometimes I reach the point when I'm scared, but this car can do even better. Also, I've been to a very snowy weather and never had any problems on my all season tires. So don't listen to people who don't know nothing about "driving a car" There are couple things I don't like but these are very minor such as not very tight steering (I love it tight ))) , manual back windows and rear spoiler. As I've said - nothing major. So, to make a conclusion - if you can get a clean low miles SRT4 - get it. It's the best value for the money. Plus they don't make them any more.

Lil Muscle Car!

by Mr.Neonpower from Front Royal,Va | March 11, 2012

I have a 2003 dodge neon se......Best neon ive seen around my town...I fixed the motor put new everything in the Cars runs like a champ...I love when hondas civics or integras run up on me at a light...they look at my neon and think its slow...wrong burn them...some people ask is turbo in it.

Dodge neon

by 2 Neon owner from California | November 28, 2011

Great car, ...so good in fact, I bought two, one white and one orange. Purchased one new, the other used. The best features are the ease of use, quick acceleration, better than Ford Escort for comparsion.

Excellent car!

by shorty from | July 23, 2011

I bought this car new in 2005 and have loved it ever since! It now has 73,000 miles. This was my second Neon. I have never had any issues out of this car. It goes 1-60 mph VERY quickly! Perfect first car, easy to drive very smooth. Excellent factory sound system. Infant car seats do not fit in the back set well at all, but all others are fine. Interier is easy to clean.

Tin Foil on Skates

by Kelly from Arlington, TX | April 8, 2011

I received a used 2005 Neon with ~60k miles as my first car in early 2009. In the 2 years that I drove it I got into 3 wrecks, all of low to medium speed (10 mph, 25 mph, and 40 mph). In some circles of the auto industry, the Neon is referred to as "tin foil on skates", and after seeing it in wrecks first hand, I'd say this is an accurate assessment. In all 3 instances the other car in the collision suffered damage no worse than a fender bender, and my car absolutely crumpled. In the third and final collision, I rear ended another car on a highway exit ramp at 40 mph. Not only did my Neon's entire front end crumple, it burst into flames. And I'm not talking a few sparks, I mean a foot tall sheet of fire appeared the instant the collision occured. The air bags did not deploy (this is a known problem with the 2005 Neon). I am extremely skeptical of any modern car that catches fire like this, regardless of how many prior collisions it had. What if this happens to you and your seat belt locks or the doors will not open? If you have been shopping around a bit I'm sure you've noticed that there are a ton of 2005 Neons for sale at low prices (4k or less). But I bet you haven't seen many 2004 or 2006 Neons. This is because the 2005 was a terrible year for a car that didn't have much going for it in the first place. Other than the safety issues, my Neon also had recurring transmission problems, despite taking it to a good mechanic. Although I would not recommend this car to anybody (and especially not for the $4k I paid for mine), I would especially not recommend it for new drivers or anybody who drives where there is a risk of high speed collision. I have absolutely no faith in this car's ability to protect you in a 60 mph crash, and quite honestly, you can do a lot better for your money than this piece of garbage. Just buy an uglier car that's actually reliable.

Great Car

by BastisWifey from Tennessee | February 13, 2011

This is a good, reliable, and stylish car; I'm very happy with it. I've had it for 6 months, great choice.

Featured Services for this Dodge Neon