We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2007 Dodge Nitro

2007 Dodge Nitro
Available in 4 styles:  2007 Dodge Nitro 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

The Nitro is worth the money

by Kevin V from Kansas/Missouri | June 30, 2016

I was the first owner of a Dodge Nitro back in December of 2006. I really wanted a Jeep Cherokee but they had stopped making them. The Nitro was all new and built upon the Jeep Liberty so I gave it a shot. 10 years and 166,000 miles later and I am not upset about my choice. The Nitro has been a great vehicle and this past year is the first major work I've had to do. The AC compressor and wheel hubs had to be replaced. Other than that, it's been regular oil/filter/fluid/plugs changes ta regular intervals and no issues at all. The 3.7ltr gets around 16mpg City and 21mpg Highway with 255/70-17 AT tires so it is about par for a midsize SUV. It has good pickup and hauls my boat and equipment trailer without much issue. The only 'ticks' with the vehicle, and it was inherent in the 2007/2008 models was the plastic door handles tend to break, so be sure to have them replaced with the beefier 2009+ version, and the roof rack molding will crack just behind the drivers door. Again, be sure that it has been upgraded to the 2009+ version.

Love!

by NitroSLT from Tulsa, OK | May 16, 2016

Ok yes my widow motors went out and yes my power steering has a leak but what vehicle eventually doesn't have a problem. This thing gets me throw tough weather conditions and is very safe. I would have another one. Definitely don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

Problems after Problems

by Suzie Q from Jackson, MS | July 28, 2014

I bought my Nitro brand new in 2007 and I have had problems after problems with it and I will never own another Dodge. First of all the window motor went out more than once in two of the windows and that's $240 a each time. and the window regulator went out in two of the windows and the window tech that fixed that said they just aren't built to last. The air condition hasn't work properly the past couple of years. And now the motor has gone out in my Nitro and it has only 150,000 miles. I have had my vehicle serviced regularly so this vehicle is just not built to last very long. It is a VERY bumpy ride. My husband hated riding or driving this vehicle cause he said its like riding in a go cart! LOL I have been very unhappy that I have had so many issues with this vehicle and I will never own another Dodge.

Great little SUV

by Nacho from Maryland | February 8, 2014

Bought my 07 SLT used with 24k mi on it. Had it for two years now with very little trouble. Had to replace the gas tank but Dodge acknowledged the problem and extended the warranty, so it was covered. Not sure why some people knock the handling and say it drives like I truck. Those people obviously have never owned a truck. I think it actually handles great for what it is. This is an entry level, mid sized suv people, it's not a Range Rover! Gas mileage could be better, but would probably say that no matter what suv I had. Interior is mostly plastic, but I'm an avid mountain biker, also make trips to Home Depot, so it's fine by me. The fact that the passenger seat folds flat and you can fit 8 foot boards in there and still close the hatch, is awesome! It's slightly lacking in power but has enough to get the job done. I think if I had gone with the R/T would have been satisfied with power. Oh, the 4WD works great too. Been getting hammered with snow this winter and it's performed flawlessly. Overall I think its a great little truck and does everything I ask it to. If you're looking for luxury, look at the Nitro's cousin, the Grand Cherokee. But be prepared to crack open the check book. FYI: Grand Cherokee actually has less cargo room than the Nitro.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

This thing is a TANK!

by jennaandboys from Virginia Beach, VA | January 30, 2014

Wasn't a huge fan of the styling when they came out, but we bought ours because it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, and VERY glad we got it! Last year we got rear-ended by a texter going 45mph and we were at dead stop waiting to turn. My son was in carseat in back and was fine, just mild headache. I had pretty severe whiplash since I was bent over getting my purse the moment we were hit, but otherwise the Nitro protected us very well. Nitro had frame and exhaust system damage, hitch was pushed into the middle of the spare tire, and husband was STILL able to drive it to follow the ambulance for me and my son, and drive it to the body shop for repairs. Got it fixed and back on the road. Other vehicle (newer Mazda SUV) that hit us was totalled and had to be drug off the street because they couldn't get it up on a tow truck. We plan on keeping this tank for a long time to come. Pros: Unbelievable turning radius (turns on a dime!) makes it so easy to park, regular AC plug in 2nd row for video games or whatever is really handy, sits up higher for safety and awesome vision, back storage has carpet on one side and hard rubber on other side - tough enough to carry firewood one day yet comfy enough to sit in the back for a tailgate football game the next day, reliability is great, on demand 4WD at turn of a knob, can take a pounding from a larger SUV going 45mph and keep on driving! Cons: would expect better gas mileage for size, back end gets a little squirrely on turns in snow more than expected, wish back seats folded flat to be even with back storage area for our lab - I love everything else!

Good Car

by TitasStarr from Copiague, NY | August 8, 2012

I am a rough driver and so far this car has kept up with me. The only thing I have had to do on this car is the brakes and have had it over a year. Love it!!!

Great SUV

by DEACON from Warrensburg NY | May 7, 2012

Excellent SUV, I had a module go the 1st 10 days I had it....thats the only reason I gave it 3 stars for reliability. No problems since. Dodge should keep making them !

Love Mine

by NaKitah05 from Kentucky | April 23, 2012

I absolutely love my nitro. We just took it on a cross country vacation and she was terrific! Comfort is outstanding and a "beefy" design to an suv. LOVE it!!

Style + Performance = Great Car

by Toyota Turned Dodge from SE, Ohio | March 16, 2012

I recently purchased the 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4x4 and boy, I was hesitant at first after reading some reviews. But let me tell ya, this car is awesome! Good fuel mileage for the size of the motor and car its self. Sweet style, love the sunburst orange color it has. great room to haul around plenty of people and things. I am not used to having abs breaks, personally i do not like them at all. I always said i would never own anything but a Toyota switching to this SUV, Its great!

love my Nitro <3

by NITR0 from Rapid City SD | July 25, 2011

looks hot....comfortable and strong. Dodge is a great vehicle to own. Glad I bought mine when I did because they go fast here.

Featured Services for this Dodge Nitro