2011 Dodge Nitro

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2011 Dodge Nitro

by Dsquared from St. Louis | January 1, 2013

I am really in love with the Nitro. It suits me very well, it looks tough and it is extremely reliable. I definitely recommend it if you are in the market for a midsize SUV!

2011 Dodge Nitro R/T

by Pennsylvania Kid from Pittsburgh, PA | June 25, 2012

2011 Dodge Nitro R/T has the 4.0Liter 5 Speed Automatic. The one I bought came with Leather Interior, Heated Seats, Sunroof, My Gig Audio System, Titted Glass, 20" Aluminum Wheels. Nice features for the price, vehicle has a sport suspension and a rough ride for everyday commuting but handles better than other truck based SUV's. It has better throttle response and low down torque than other car like SUV's. The Nitro feels solid, but it does have it's issues. The build quality of Chrysler has gotten better but it is still not going to go heads up with the comporably equiped Toyota, Honda or Nissan. Compared to the Honda Pilot, it has better features, it felt better on the road, and had the same fuel mileage for $10K less. Fuel mileage is not as bad as I have heard, the sticker is about right, 16 in the City, 20 on the highway. Transmission shifted rough for the first 2K miles but has smoothed out considerably in the last few weeks.

Pleased

by another consumer from West Des Moines | June 22, 2012

I truely feel I got what I paid for. The Nitro is well priced for what you get . I love mine, granted it is new but all is well so far........It looks awsome lol

Best SUV

by SUV Lover from Reno, nv | March 13, 2012

I was in the market for a new 4x4 family vehicle. I did research on all makes and models. I had a Ram1500 before and love the looks and the way it handled. I was originally looking to get the Durango but the price was too steep and the vechile was to much for my wife. The sales rep recommend the Nitro and we liked it form the start. We have had our 2011 Nitro for just over a month and love the SUV. the looks are just great and the 20in rims make the vehicle look tough, but it has a smooth ride. the sound system is awesome.

AWESOME SUV

by Nitro man from NJ | October 3, 2011

I love my 2011 Nitro, the ride is comfortable and the seats support my back perfectly. The mileage for this SUV is alot better than my 2006 Liberty ( 14 mpg city) For a heavy vehicle, this truck can really fly! hit the pedal and off it goes. The interior is thoughtfully done and the infinity sound system is top notch.

All for looks

by Dodge Fan Yes Nitro Fan No from Austin, TX | July 13, 2011

I have owned 3 Dodges and traded my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan for the 2011 Dodge Nitro 3.7, I have to say I am totally disappointed. I fell in love with the looks of the Nitro and thats about it. It is difficult to get comfortable in the drivers seat. I cannot reach the pedal at 5'3" however there is no width space for the drivers legs and I have to slide off the drivers seat when getting out of the car till I touch the ground which is putting wear and tear on my seat at 1 month old. I will need to invest in some step bars. Hitting bumps are not good for this vehicle as it feels like you hit a Deer. Other than the style and the passenger leg room I have nothing else good to say about this car. Sorry Dodge.

nice vechicle

by 4-wheeler from se. indiana | July 2, 2011

4.0 has good power with close to 20mpg. ride is average for a 4 -wheel drive vechicle. looks are great and useablity of features are great! we love Nitro for daily transpertation on all types of roads.

Awesome power with great looks!!!!!!!!

by Hack from Cornelius, NC | June 20, 2011

Nitro runs great and looks even better!!!!!! I always drove a chevy. This is my first Dodge. I will never go back!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect Jeep Companion!

by Go anywhere guy from Bolton Landing - New York | May 23, 2011

I have owned Jeeps since college. Our family vehicle is a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. I drive a four door Wrangler, the Unlimited. When my wife's 2007 Jeep Liberty reached 180,000 miles, we chose a 2011 Dodge Nitro from the same Chrysler-Jeep and Dodge-Ram dealership that has treated us so well for decades. The Nitro does everything well. It is rugged, bold and as capable as a Wrangler while offering an excellent dose of sophistication on-road needed for my wife's long commute from our woodland camp to her position as emergency room nurse practitioner a rather long distance away in an often snowy climate. Our likes: smooth ride, extraordinary handling, comfortable seating for driver and passangers, room for antiques, luggage or cargo, many creature comforts and stellar intuitive navigation, climate control and entertainment systems. Mileage is another strong suit for such a power SUV and roomy conventional sport utility vehicle. Issues: None, but a panoramic sunroof would be a great option. The sun and moonroof on our Nitro slides/tilts but the panorama style of our Grand Cherokee Jeep is something the children love when riding in the spacious rear.

Exceptional vehicle for the money

by 2011 Detonator 4x4 from Virginia | April 12, 2011

I test drove every SUV on the market. They were either to big or to small. The Nitro was just right. I'm 6'4 and have no issues getting in the vehicle. The windshield may have been an issue in 2008, but it's not now. This is coming again from someone incredibly tall. The seats fold down flat, which is a great help. My 120lb german shepherd is happy with the seats folded down and I don't have to worry about his claws tearing the seats up. Fuel economy is decent. It's not great, but if you don't drive like a moron it shouldn't be terrible. It's equal to what my Mustang managed. Absolutely love the sunroof and gps. I'm still figureing out features. Eventually I will pull out the manual and read :) I'm a man and want a manly vehicle. The nitro has bold masculine lines. The drive is smooth. It can haul a lot and the price is perfect. Dodge is truly turning their image around. I've noticed no issues with road noise. The sound system is great. All in all it's an amazing vehicle.

Featured Services for this Dodge Nitro